FEMA is doing nothing....

I didn't.
OK, back to reality.

If as Earl claims, his son's company was bought out, and his son was paid for the company, that was a realized capital gain. It is very much taxable, and very realized. If the son then paid his father(Earl) that is a second capital gain event, and would be taxed again. There is no "private deal" between father and son exception to capital gains. When your company is bought out, that is definitely a realized capital gain.

Most people would attempt to avoid double taxation like that. They would make a debt between the corporation and the father. If properly divulged to the buyer, it could be paid by the buyer in one step. One step means only one taxation step. Earl denies this happened, and instead says it was a private deal between father and son.

Whatever happens, if taxes were not paid people will go to prison, and to sell a business, one sells a corporation.

Maybe Earl hired professionals who structured this correctly, and paid all the necessary taxes, without Earl realizing what was happening. Maybe Earl is lying, and none of this happened. But there is no world where private deals between a father and son are not taxed.

OK, back to reality.

If as Earl claims, his son's company was bought out, and his son was paid for the company, that was a realized capital gain. It is very much taxable, and very realized. If the son then paid his father(Earl) that is a second capital gain event, and would be taxed again. There is no "private deal" between father and son exception to capital gains. When your company is bought out, that is definitely a realized capital gain.

Most people would attempt to avoid double taxation like that. They would make a debt between the corporation and the father. If properly divulged to the buyer, it could be paid by the buyer in one step. One step means only one taxation step. Earl denies this happened, and instead says it was a private deal between father and son.

Whatever happens, if taxes were not paid people will go to prison, and to sell a business, one sells a corporation.

Maybe Earl hired professionals who structured this correctly, and paid all the necessary taxes, without Earl realizing what was happening. Maybe Earl is lying, and none of this happened. But there is no world where private deals between a father and son are not taxed.
depends on how he's paid.

This is becoming stupid. Well not becoming, it is well past stupid. You make up bizarre things I never said, and then make up quotes I never said claiming you fixed the quote to say something completely different.

I have never raped children, or advocated the rape of children. I have never raped anyone, or advocated for the rape of anyone. I do not think Hasidic Jews are not Jews, or are as bad as Hitler. I do not want to buy everything everyone owns, much less pay them nothing for it. Actually, I would prefer to own less actual items, not more.

Whatever lies Stone put in my mouth I disagree with also. I will say at least Ktrump included a "FTFY" thereby attempting to make some attempt at admitting he altered the quote. Stone did not even do that.

This is getting sad.

This is becoming stupid. Well not becoming, it is well past stupid. You make up bizarre things I never said, and then make up quotes I never said claiming you fixed the quote to say something completely different.

I have never raped children, or advocated the rape of children. I have never raped anyone, or advocated for the rape of anyone. I do not think Hasidic Jews are not Jews, or are as bad as Hitler. I do not want to buy everything everyone owns, much less pay them nothing for it. Actually, I would prefer to own less actual items, not more.

Whatever lies Stone put in my mouth I disagree with also. I will say at least Ktrump included a "FTFY" thereby attempting to make some attempt at admitting he altered the quote. Stone did not even do that.

This is getting sad.
take up with the rules of the board.

and do you support Keynesian banking?

This is getting sad.
U R EVIL.

take up with the rules of the board.
Here are the real rules of the board:
One can alter a quote box by removing some of a wall of text to expose the specific part you are responding to, or splitting it apart so you can respond to each item one at a time. However, altering the words posted and changing the meaning of what they said for whatever reason (a joke for instance) is not allowed unless you either change the "quoted by" portion of the quote to make it clear that the original poster did not post what you are "making" them say or if you leave the original text with a strikethrough and a "correction" and inform that you have "corrected" the quote in your response to it (something like "fixed that for you" or FTFY will do fine). We will begin by deleting these posts, and if it continues we will get into banning. I will update this rule with changes until it settles in.

Note that you completely altered the meaning of what I said, and did not include what I had actually written(with a strike through it). What you changed my post to has no reference to what I posted. You can claim that you did it as a joke, but that is expressly included as not a good reason.

and do you support Keynesian banking?
There is no such thing as "Keynesian banking." Keynes wrote on macroeconomics, and banking is microeconomics. There is Keynesian Economics, and there is fractional banking. The two are not related.

Keynesian Economics is not completely correct, but is fundamentally correct. The basic ideas work. There really is no denying that. Both Friedman and Nixon said variations on the statement that we are all Keynesians now. And they are basically right. Almost no one denies the basics of Keynesian Economics.

Fractional banking also works. Even Muslims, some of who think Allah bans it, try to figure out ways to make it work in their religion.

I will go a step further and say the rule of thumb target of 2% inflation seems to work well. I can think of no reason 2% rather than 1% or 3%, but 2% does seem to be the number. Definitely deflation should be avoided at all costs, and double digit inflation is a real problem.

Back