Fixing Granny's house adendum

Yeah. The ' 8'-3" ' was a red flag, warning light, siren, that went off immediately. I thought he had some valid reason for going with that.
My primary thought was the House Drain. If he drops everything 17", will it still 'flow'? When asked about the elevation of the sewer connection at the street, his response was "It's underground". Yeah, no shit. You know, what's the elevation of the sewer connection in relation to the new elevation of the lowered house plumbing. (?)

So ... Free911, ... is he like the 'Trumps' Wesselburg', the guy with the Contract with pen in hand?

I have to laugh at your desire and obsession in trying to "destroy" the entire concept of the repairs, what with you never being there and only relying on what your tiny little mind can imagine and/or make up. :D

I have to laugh at your desire and obsession in trying to "destroy" the entire concept of the repairs, what with you never being there and only relying on what your tiny little mind can imagine and/or make up. :D

1. The way DS described it, made it not a cost effective decision.
2. I asked legitimate questions. didn't get the feedback I was looking for.

Did you ever think that maybe the "Grandson" doesn't care about "cost effectiveness" and is more concerned with making his Grandmother happy? :palm:

Not everything has to be "reasonable" when it comes to relatives, no matter how liberals FEEL. :D

The grandson obviously doesn't care about Granny or he wouldn't keep her hold up in a dilapidated rotting dangerous old house.

The grandson obviously doesn't care about Granny or he wouldn't keep her hold up in a dilapidated rotting dangerous old house.

Once again, you're projecting information that you really don't have first hand knowledge of; but don't let that stop you from continuing to rant and rave. :D

Did you ever think that maybe the "Grandson" doesn't care about "cost effectiveness" and is more concerned with making his Grandmother happy? :palm:

Not everything has to be "reasonable" when it comes to relatives, no matter how liberals FEEL. :D

My initial question was about the elevation of the sewer connection at the street/sewer tank in relation to the 'new' elevation of the House Drain, since everything is dropping 17". All I got was a "It's underground".
That's not too encouraging of an answer. Water doesn't run uphill, I doubt Granny would be too happy with a non-working Toilet and Bathtub. I asked about a monolithic pour for the 'slab'. Your Pal told me it was going to be in sections. Each section will eventual shift at the control joints, a tripping hazard for Granny. He mentioned an " 8'-3" " floor/ceiling height. Why would he pick that number? Then he rattled off something about using an 8' stud. Since none of those are identical and each would have to be individually cut, that told me he wasn't really that experienced.

I was just tossing out thoughts like the 'Devil's Advocate' to provoke different ideas. He has a Plan, if the Grandson goes for it, I wish him Good Luck.

My initial question was about the elevation of the sewer connection at the street/sewer tank in relation to the 'new' elevation of the House Drain, since everything is dropping 17". All I got was a "It's underground".
That's not too encouraging of an answer. Water doesn't run uphill, I doubt Granny would be too happy with a non-working Toilet and Bathtub. I asked about a monolithic pour for the 'slab'. Your Pal told me it was going to be in sections. Each section will eventual shift at the control joints, a tripping hazard for Granny. He mentioned an " 8'-3" " floor/ceiling height. Why would he pick that number? Then he rattled off something about using an 8' stud. Since none of those are identical and each would have to be individually cut, that told me he wasn't really that experienced.

I was just tossing out thoughts like the 'Devil's Advocate' to provoke different ideas. He has a Plan, if the Grandson goes for it, I wish him Good Luck.

Go back and reread what was provided; because if you use some cognitive thought, it will make sense.

The "slabs" can still be stabilized, to prevent shifts, by adding rebar extending to and through each slab.

You're not playing "Devil's Advocate"; but instead are just trying to piss down the leg of someone you don't agree with. :palm:

Go back and reread what was provided; because if you use some cognitive thought, it will make sense.

The "slabs" can still be stabilized, to prevent shifts, by adding rebar extending to and through each slab.

You're not playing "Devil's Advocate"; but instead are just trying to piss down the leg of someone you don't agree with. :palm:

hahahaha ...... DS has first hand, eyes on information. I'm Joe Blow with zero knowledge (other than what he stated) about the Project. I tossed out my thoughts on the subject.

Free911: "piss down the leg of someone you don't agree with."
Jack: What do I and DS disagree on?

hahahaha ...... DS has first hand, eyes on information. I'm Joe Blow with zero knowledge (other than what he stated) about the Project. I tossed out my thoughts on the subject.

Free911: "piss down the leg of someone you don't agree with."
Jack: What do I and DS disagree on?

You weren't just "tossing out your thoughts"; because it appeared that you weren't asking questions and instead, was just being disparaging about the whole thing.

Were you not disagreeing with his plans, seeing as how you've admitted that you had "zero knowledge about the project"??

You weren't just "tossing out your thoughts"; because it appeared that you weren't asking questions and instead, was just being disparaging about the whole thing.

Were you not disagreeing with his plans, seeing as how you've admitted that you had "zero knowledge about the project"??

Uh ... this thing sounds like a real piece of shit. NOT worth salvaging. Termite infested, old, 50K, floors uneven. It sounds like a real fucking nightmare. My initial view is to Doze it and replace it with a small little bungalow cottage type residence.
I asked questions. He gave answers. It's not my problem, I'm over here, he's way over there, it doesn't affect ME one way or the other.

What's YOUR fucking problem?

He will need more than luck with DS's hair brained scheme.

He will need more than luck with DS's hair brained scheme.

It seems to be turning into something other than "Fixing Granny's House". Having second thoughts about even commenting now. On the other thread, DS is quizzing me on rebar in the Hoover Dam.

Uh ... this thing sounds like a real piece of shit. NOT worth salvaging. Termite infested, old, 50K, floors uneven. It sounds like a real fucking nightmare. My initial view is to Doze it and replace it with a small little bungalow cottage type residence.
I asked questions. He gave answers. It's not my problem, I'm over here, he's way over there, it doesn't affect ME one way or the other.

What's YOUR fucking problem?
I can understand asking questions; but don't understand the need to attempt to denigrate the entire project, without you having more information, and you weren't asking.

I can understand asking questions; but don't understand the need to attempt to denigrate the entire project, without you having more information, and you weren't asking.

I'll repeat myself before signing off. What the fuck is the elevation of the Sewer connection? What the fuck is the elevation of the new/proposed House Drain? BEFORE I would proceed ANY further, I would ascertain if this is going to have an adequate fall to properly drain. I'm NOT interested in some fucking vague answer like "It's underground", THAT is meaningless! Go rent a fucking Transit and shoot the fucking elevation. Don't give me any more shit until you have a fucking number that proves this idea is workable!

It seems to be turning into something other than "Fixing Granny's House". Having second thoughts about even commenting now. On the other thread, DS is quizzing me on rebar in the Hoover Dam.

WTF?
There are no tensile stresses in a gravity dam. Only compression. Other structures within the project would need rebar and I remember reading about cooling pipes inside the dam to take away the concrete curing heat.
But why would he think there would be rebar in the Hoover dam itself? And what would any of that have to do with Granny's rotten money pit house?

mor-1.jpg

I'll repeat myself before signing off. What the fuck is the elevation of the Sewer connection? What the fuck is the elevation of the new/proposed House Drain? BEFORE I would proceed ANY further, I would ascertain if this is going to have an adequate fall to properly drain. I'm NOT interested in some fucking vague answer like "It's underground", THAT is meaningless! Go rent a fucking Transit and shoot the fucking elevation. Don't give me any more shit until you have a fucking number that proves this idea is workable!

Maybe you could find out the info, by demanding more; but then you haven't had much success, in your prior rants. :dunno:

The Hoover dam is both a gravity dam and a sideways roman arch dam. It contains no rebar, as such, because none is needed. It does contain a matrix of one inch pipe that was used to cool the concrete as it heated up during it's cure.
Dark Stool is a moron.

Back