Fixing Granny's house adendum

The Hoover dam is both a gravity dam and a sideways roman arch dam. It contains no rebar, as such, because none is needed. It does contain a matrix of one inch pipe that was used to cool the concrete as it heated up during it's cure.
Dark Stool is a moron.

The problem is; DS can't grasp the concept of solely using concrete (not adding reinforcing steel) in the design of the Dam. This has sealed his Fate as "I'm an Engineer". He's a TOTAL FRAUD. :(

The more he talks ... the more it becomes apparent. :(

What's really becoming apparent is that USFAGDOM has some kind of homo love thing for Dark Stool because of the way he gets so bitchy every time someone give Stoolboy a hard time about something.

What's really becoming apparent is that USFAGDOM has some kind of homo love thing for Dark Stool because of the way he gets so bitchy every time someone give Stoolboy a hard time about something.

I don't want to get in the middle of something I don't know what's going on, but, yeah I did notice Free911 becoming overly defensive.

The problem is; DS can't grasp the concept of solely using concrete (not adding reinforcing steel) in the design of the Dam. This has sealed his Fate as "I'm an Engineer". He's a TOTAL FRAUD. :(

An argument about the Hoover Dam, has no bearing on repairing a home.

And you guys are always wanting to say others are comparing apples to oranges, when it suits your agenda. :palm:

If you were truly interested, which I don't think you really were, you could and would have worded your comments more like questions and less like an argument.

Wow. My first question ... was a question. I don't want to keep repeating it, but for the Proposed Plan to work, the plumbing HAS TO FUNCTION . There's NO NEED to continue Planning something, that may not work. Does that make sense to you?

Let's say your Proposed Shed was on a site that was a massive rock formation, would you keep planning on a cellar if you knew you would need dynamite and a crew of 12 using pneumatic jack hammers for a week to hollow out the site?

Without answering the first question, all other questions are irrelevant.

At this point, I doubt DS even knows what a Transit is or what it's used for.

(on another note, ... I asked about entry to the Loft ... outside wrap around stairs?)

An argument about the Hoover Dam, has no bearing on repairing a home.

And you guys are always wanting to say others are comparing apples to oranges, when it suits your agenda. :palm:

I agree completely. Odd that DS would pursue that. Big Mistake on his part. (got his pants pulled down)

Wow. My first question ... was a question. I don't want to keep repeating it, but for the Proposed Plan to work, the plumbing HAS TO FUNCTION . There's NO NEED to continue Planning something, that may not work. Does that make sense to you?

Let's say your Proposed Shed was on a site that was a massive rock formation, would you keep planning on a cellar if you knew you would need dynamite and a crew of 12 using pneumatic jack hammers for a week to hollow out the site?

Without answering the first question, all other questions are irrelevant.

At this point, I doubt DS even knows what a Transit is or what it's used for.

(on another note, ... I asked about entry to the Loft ... outside wrap around stairs?)

What makes you believe that he hasn't already taken the plumbing into the equation, except that he stopped responding to your unending damnation of the whole thing??

Inside stairs.

They are in love.

arts-graphics-2005_1167074a.jpg

Last edited:
What makes you believe that he hasn't already taken the plumbing into the equation, except that he stopped responding to your unending damnation of the whole thing??

Inside stairs.

His response was: "It's underground".

RE: Stairs. Have you gotten a pice of graph paper and laid out the stairs? You know, drawn the 10' x 12' (or whatever it is) Floor Plan and then included the stairs? They take up more space than you think. Plus, there could be a 'headroom' issue depending on where the stairs are located (like the sloping sides of the Loft).

"Detail of reinforcement and formwork in panel of overflow weir, Nevada spillway, as seen from parapet of channel lining."

lossy-page1-1200px-Detail_of_reinforcement_and_formwork_in_panel_of_overflow_weir%2C_Nevada_spillway%2C_as_seen_from_parapet_of_channel..._-_NARA_-_293944.tif.jpg

Part of the project, BUT NOT THE DAM ITSELF

You are the one who was just as much a part of it, so maybe you should pull up your own pants. :good4u:

I think I mentioned it as a Side Note. Then DS jumped on it. Completely convinced there was tons of steel used to reinforce the 'Dam' part.
(I thought the same thing, until the Tour Guide said it was entirely concrete)

"Detail of reinforcement and formwork in panel of overflow weir, Nevada spillway, as seen from parapet of channel lining."

lossy-page1-1200px-Detail_of_reinforcement_and_formwork_in_panel_of_overflow_weir%2C_Nevada_spillway%2C_as_seen_from_parapet_of_channel..._-_NARA_-_293944.tif.jpg

Part of the project, BUT NOT THE DAM ITSELF

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. There's a 'Turbine Room' inside the Dam, I'm sure there is rebar in there. There's 'passageways' inside the Dam, I would guess there would be steel in there. There's a roadway on top, I'm pretty sure that has steel in it.

DS has completely exposed himself on this one, he's pushed in all his chips, hoping this will be the Big Payoff. Unfortunately, what has crushed DS, is his TOTAL lack of understanding of the characteristics of concrete. He is totally oblivious of the MAIN value of concrete ... compression.

Back