Fl has huge covid outbreak

Would you have supported the kind of lockdowns that China had in the name of being safe rather than sorry?
I don't know what China did exactly but understand that US federal and state governments have limits to their actions.

IMO, education and a society which adheres to civic responsibility is better. In the US we were fed lies and BS by the Trump administration for months before it became clear there was a problem.

Monday morning quarterbacking is easy. When a new and deadly disease strikes, a known communicable one, what do you propose public health officials do?

Farming towns in Idaho didn’t have huge outbreaks for the simple reason is that they WERE isolated. See how that works? They still had outbreaks, but 1% of 100 or 1000 cases isn’t newsworthy. I don’t have stats in front of me, but rural people died in higher rates simply for the lack of vaccination and health care.

Yes, there is some Monday morning quarterbacking, but it doesn't change the fact that there was a significant overreaction in a lot of the country. Governments were too quick to implement lockdowns and too slow lift restrictions, especially when it comes to opening schools.

Also, this is not our first pandemic. We also had one around 2005, I believe. There was no panic.

Last edited:
I don't know what China did exactly but understand that US federal and state governments have limits to their actions.

IMO, education and a society which adheres to civic responsibility is better. In the US we were fed lies and BS by the Trump administration for months before it became clear there was a problem.
Ignoring limitations on the government, in specific cities, China more or less implemented Marshall law. People were not allowed to leave their houses and the government would occasionally deliver food to them. Those kinds of lockdowns were done for the same reason that we had lock downs here.

I just looked at CDC stats from 2021. About 2.6% of ER patients nationwide were COVID related. COVID was the third leading cause of death in 2021.

So, yeah, 2.6% of ER visits is significant.
boy-meets-world-laughing.gif

Lockdowns, as a method to minimize spread by minimizing exposure, was sound in principle. As public health policy, it didn’t work well because people still assembled outside of the lockdowns.

Isolation works, but people actually had to isolate. They didn’t.

Much like abstinence and STDs or unwanted pregnancies. It works, but one actually has to practice abstinence. They don’t.
Still spreading that dumb provably wrong manure I see....
boy-meets-world-laughing.gif

MAGAts can't do math. TBH, I'm fine with them not getting going to doctors, getting vaccinations and not taking precautions. If a person has COVID, I recommend they give MAGAts what they want; meet and shake hands with as many MAGAts as possible. The older the better.
dumbass-dumb.gif

When was that taken and when did Biden claim he had COVID?

Stephanopoulos questioned the timing, noting that Biden had spent six days at Camp David preparing for the debate, and the president said he thought he had COVID-19.

Biden thanks supporters and visits a Waffle House after Atlanta debate​

So answer the ?

Is it acceptable for someone that is really sick thinks he has COVID to go to a crowded restaurant

yes or no

Last edited:
People in regions experiencing COVID surges should take extra care and avoid transmission of the airborne disease, particularly if they are in a vulnerable health group, or have contact with someone who is.

The disease is real. It is a killer. Wise people will take appropriate precautions. Stupid people believe made up BS and make things worse with irresponsible anti social behavior.

People in regions experiencing COVID surges should take extra care and avoid transmission of the airborne disease, particularly if they are in a vulnerable health group, or have contact with someone who is.

The disease is real. It is a killer. Wise people will take appropriate precautions. Stupid people believe made up BS and make things worse with irresponsible anti social behavior.
3 of the 4 people I know who died from Covid said it was no threat and a made-up disease. They were Trumpys. The other was a big guy, overweight and borderline diabetic. He did the right things and still did not survive.

3 of the 4 people I know who died from Covid said it was no threat and a made-up disease. They were Trumpys. The other was a big guy, overweight and borderline diabetic. He did the right things and still did not survive.
Naturally, they said is was 'made up' before they died of the 'made up' killer disease.

Reminds me of all the on-air radio DJs who carried on and on about COVID being no threat, who later died of it. Several of them, struggling through their last days of life, recanted their false claims and urged people to take it seriously before dying of the 'fake disease.'

take appropriate precautions??

Is it acceptable for someone that is really sick thinks he has COVID to go to a crowded restaurant

yes or no

Yes, there is some Monday morning quarterbacking, but it doesn't change the fact that there was a significant overreaction in a lot of the country. Governments were too quick to implement lockdowns and too slow lift restrictions, especially when it comes to opening schools.

Also, this is not our first pandemic. We also had one around 2005, I believe. There was no panic.
The 2005 outbreak was the flu. The difference is that we know a LOT about the flu. We see it every year and have for over 100 years. We have vaccines available early. We know how it transmits. We know when it will emerge and when it will fade.

That was not the case with COVID. To try to equate the two is a false equivalency.

At first, it was a killer of the elderly and those with serious co-morbidities. Then, it became a killer of demographics. Trumper country.

Stephanopoulos questioned the timing, noting that Biden had spent six days at Camp David preparing for the debate, and the president said he thought he had COVID-19.

Biden thanks supporters and visits a Waffle House after Atlanta debate​

So answer the ?

yes or no
He said he THOUGHT he MIGHT have COVID, then he said this:

“I asked if they did a COVID test because I was trying to figure out what’s wrong. They did a test to see whether or not I had some infection, you know, some virus. I didn’t; just had a really bad cold.”

Try to not truncate things to edit out the truth. You fucks do that frequently.

take appropriate precautions??

yes or no
President Biden did not do that. The article you linked said he got tested and it was negative.

Yes, that's Monday morning quarterbacking. In a war or a pandemic, overreacting is better than underreacting.

Ignoring limitations on the government, in specific cities, China more or less implemented Marshall law. People were not allowed to leave their houses and the government would occasionally deliver food to them. Those kinds of lockdowns were done for the same reason that we had lock downs here.
China is an authoritarian government. The US is not.....yet.

Back