Hey Maineman, watcha think about Dem Jim Webb now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly am not fussing over him...but I have been an admirer of his for a long time and felt compelled to step up when Dano, the slanderous pig, suggested that a novelist describing a despicable character in a work of fiction somehow disqualified him for the U.S. Senate.

What we think about that race does not matter one whit. all that matters is what the people of virginny think.
And that is Foulwell and Robbersons territory.....

This is hardly desperation, in case you morons hadn't noticed Webb was ALREADY trailing Allen in the polls, exactly what is anyone desperate about? Trying to beat him by even more? Think a little...
I just remember Maineman heaping the praise on this guy and wanted to know what he still thought about him after seeing certain parts of his writing.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/na...oct25,0,2568862.story?coll=bal-home-headlines

In Virginia's Senate race, the poll showed a statistical dead heat, though it is the first independent survey this fall to show Democratic challenger Jim Webb ahead of Republican Sen. George Allen. Webb had 47 percent to Allen's 44 percent, which is within the poll's 5-point margin of error for that state.

the passage is describing a cultural gesture that, in Cambodia and Thailand, is routinely done and does not have a sexual connotation...and he is describing this event, which DOES in fact occur in real life all the time, in the context of a NOVEL. Do you really think that novels should not illuminate reality? Do you really think that novels should only be about Andy and Barney and the folks in Mayberry? Are your literary horizons and past experiences so limited that you have never read passages in great novels that describe things that are less than wholesome? Do you routinely besmirch the character of all of the authors who have such passages in their FICTIONAL writing or do you reserve your unwarranted attacks for authors who happen to be democrats running for office and whose books you haven't even read, you illiterate stupid fool?

"Cambodia and Thailand, is routinely done and does not have a sexual connotation..."

Holy shit! This sounds like a page out of the Bill Clinton handbook! lol

to people so parochial that they cannot imagine a culture on this world being different than ours, or a set of values and behaviors at odds with ours, I can well imagine that it might.

but even if I were that parochial, I am not sure I would be so willing to admit it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/na...oct25,0,2568862.story?coll=bal-home-headlines

In Virginia's Senate race, the poll showed a statistical dead heat, though it is the first independent survey this fall to show Democratic challenger Jim Webb ahead of Republican Sen. George Allen. Webb had 47 percent to Allen's 44 percent, which is within the poll's 5-point margin of error for that state.
LOL, Baltimore Sun, you can tell someone is desperate when they use an out of state paper to try and find a poll to counter that Allen is ahead in every single poll done by a credible pollster like Rasmussen
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2006/State Polls/October 2006/virginiaSenate1024.htm

Allen is ahead in most polls:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2006/senate/va/virginia_senate_race-14.html

You are beaten tool.

the passage is describing a cultural gesture that, in Cambodia and Thailand, is routinely done and does not have a sexual connotation...and he is describing this event, which DOES in fact occur in real life all the time, in the context of a NOVEL. Do you really think that novels should not illuminate reality? Do you really think that novels should only be about Andy and Barney and the folks in Mayberry? Are your literary horizons and past experiences so limited that you have never read passages in great novels that describe things that are less than wholesome? Do you routinely besmirch the character of all of the authors who have such passages in their FICTIONAL writing or do you reserve your unwarranted attacks for authors who happen to be democrats running for office and whose books you haven't even read, you illiterate stupid fool?
I seriously doubt that is a "cultural gesture" after all you just said that he was a villain for doing that, now all of a sudden he's normal for it?
I call bullshit.
And you miss the greater point (like you always do), I was only showing a tiny bit of the worst of his books, go back to the drudge report link I posted and you will find MANY questionable passages, most of which show he is at best a misogynist.

Webb’s novels disturbingly and consistently – indeed, almost uniformly – portray women as servile, subordinate, inept, incompetent, promiscuous, perverted, or some combination of these. In novel after novel, Webb assigns his female characters base, negative characteristics. In thousands of pages of fiction penned by Webb, there are few if any strong, admirable women or positive female role models.

"Cambodia and Thailand, is routinely done and does not have a sexual connotation..."

Holy shit! This sounds like a page out of the Bill Clinton handbook! lol
Exactly. Mainemoron started out by defending it saying that there are villains in books and that they are less than perfect, now he decides to do a 180 and pretend people that do that, do so as part of their normal culture and they are just normal regular people.

Maineman is so full of shit they renamed the Nicky Dee Gillis song after him to "Don't you turn my blue eyes brown"

Tiana, do you want to move to Cambodia with me? I would love to stick my penis in your mouth... it's nothing sexual really.... lol j/k

DD, I would respond with something even more vile involving you touching your toes and both of my fists, but I'll refrain because I'm at work and that would be inappropiate.

Along the lines of disreasoning on this thread.
How does this make the writers of the bible ? They wrote of horrible people and things, even SATAN gasp!

And the bible is the word of God!!!! Ohhh Nooooo

LOL, Baltimore Sun, you can tell someone is desperate when they use an out of state paper to try and find a poll to counter that Allen is ahead in every single poll done by a credible pollster like Rasmussen
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2006/State Polls/October 2006/virginiaSenate1024.htm

Allen is ahead in most polls:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2006/senate/va/virginia_senate_race-14.html

You are beaten tool.

I seriously doubt that is a "cultural gesture" after all you just said that he was a villain for doing that, now all of a sudden he's normal for it?
I call bullshit.
And you miss the greater point (like you always do), I was only showing a tiny bit of the worst of his books, go back to the drudge report link I posted and you will find MANY questionable passages, most of which show he is at best a misogynist.

Webb’s novels disturbingly and consistently – indeed, almost uniformly – portray women as servile, subordinate, inept, incompetent, promiscuous, perverted, or some combination of these. In novel after novel, Webb assigns his female characters base, negative characteristics. In thousands of pages of fiction penned by Webb, there are few if any strong, admirable women or positive female role models.

look...what you seriously doubt is of no consequence. You don't have any experience outside of Ohio..... you are a parochial rube.... and like I said.... if an author wants to portray less than savory misogynistic characters in a NOVEL, that does NOT mean that the author is a misogynist.

And I LOVE how you tell me what Webb does in novel after novel when YOU have not read ONE of them!!!

Most of Webb's novels have very few women of any kind - they are WAR novels, you idiot..... and women were not a part of the battlefield in Vietnam.

Like I said...if you want to look like something other than a complete fool, I suggest you read one or two of his novels before you go telling me what he writes in "novel after novel". OK?

Slanderous fuckhead

Like I said...if you want to look like something other than a complete fool, I suggest you read one or two of his novels before you go telling me what he writes in "novel after novel". OK?

So what are you going to do with the new Dano that you own?

Along the lines of disreasoning on this thread.
How does this make the writers of the bible ? They wrote of horrible people and things, even SATAN gasp!

And the bible is the word of God!!!! Ohhh Nooooo
Pssst hey buddy, notice all the stream of threads below this that have nothing but newsboy with one liner / one response from uscitizen in them?

That's because nobody's really interested in what you have to say, because you really say nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back