homemade egg nog

Most people buy their egg nog "cooked" from the store which means it's already pasteurized when you do but when you make it at home you can and should do the same thing so we heated up the egg with the milk to kill bacteria. The eggs came from our own chickens and so we didn't have to but my mom tends to get stomach bugs easily and so we typically cook the eggs with milk on the stove first.
Technically it's called "tempering". You slowly add small amounts of hot milk or water to the egg yolks while stirring to make a homogenized sauce but not so quick and hot that you actually cook the egg yolk. It's how many sauces like Hollandaise and Bearnaise sauces are made.

Technically it's called "tempering". You slowly add small amounts of hot milk or water to the egg yolks while stirring to make a homogenized sauce but not so quick and hot that you actually cook the egg yolk. It's how many sauces like Hollandaise and Bearnaise sauces are made.

Yes that is right, thanks

My parents dont drink and so we were raised in an atmosphere where it just doesn't exist. I'm not legally old enough to drink alcohol yet but I dont have any desire to drink now or even when I can legally drink it. I recognize that Jesus drank wine but it's just a choice that I have made to not put something into my body that can alter my judgment or lead to questionable acts.
Yea....and Grind and Billy are excellent role models in that respect as you sure as hades don't want to end up like them.

Actually when I was 19 I was the same way as you. All my friends were stoners and they were always trying to get me to try drugs, alcohol, and I resisted it. I don't know why.. I just did. Part of it is I am a paranoid person and I was worried if I drank alcohol I'd spill all my secrets to people.

Even in college I didn't just drink for a while and started becoming sort of impressed with my awesome record of sobriety.

But then I got a hipster english major roommate that would always drink whiskey and smoke weed and write shit all super chill. I then decided to try alcohol strictly for science based reasons. My justification was... it's basically part of the human experience, so I should at least know what people are talking about.

Then I got a good buzz on and I was like wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww alcohol is AWESOME. How the FUCK did I not do this sooner?

Then a couple of weeks later I was at a halloween party. There was this sketchy kid hanging outside on the sidewalk. He looked very mousey and sketchy. He asked if I wanted weed. I noticed a cop two blocks down and thought I was being set up lol. So I sent my friend to go pick it up :) Then I blazed for the first time.

When I smoked weed I was blown away. My instant reaction was "THEY PUT PEOPLE IN JAIL FOR THIS?" I felt more in control than on alcohol (this would change later once I learned the joys of hotboxing multiple blunts)

The next morning I woke up with a little bit of regret. My few friends from highschool aside, a lot of the kids I knew that used weed were assholes who I hated. And now I felt like one of those assholes. I felt like a I would have let my parents down.

But that was short lived. I realized the stigma against weed was bullshit. And from then on, I become a born again stoner. I become a blessed blazer. It truly was the dawn of a new era.
I'm sure Grind will be willing to tell you much more about the wonders of consuming alcohol and drugs after he's released on parole.

sex is not evil

you will be fine with your path as long as your chosen mate fully agrees with you.

the perfect mate for who you are is not always someone who is exactly like you though.

A person who is different from you can open your mind and world in productive ways that some one just like you cant
She didn't say it was Desh. She wants to wait to share physical intimacy with the man she wants to share the rest of her life with. What the Sam hill is wrong with that?

Thank you but when I find the right guy he will share my faith and beliefs, and I his.
Well....be open minded about that. I grew up in the Methodist tradition but in a German Catholic community where such heathens are not considered a life form, let alone a human being. Was resentful towards Catholics for a long time till I met my one true love, who is Catholic and found out that German Catholics were assholes not because they are Catholic but because they are German. ;)

Point being....be open minded...you never know where true love may lead you and you may find you have far more in common than you think with someone who comes from a very different background than you. I'm head over heals in love with my beautiful Catholic bride. She's by far the best thing that ever happened to me. :)

Back