homemade egg nog

It doesn't matter. I'm hardly a prude or aghast at the thought that young people might actually have pre-marital sex and I agree that many conservatives have a very unhealthy attitude about sex....be that as it may....it's up to every individual to decide when the time is right for them. So don't belittle the young lady about her own private personal decision. It's none of our bleeping business after all.

I don't believe that i'm a prude I just have a strict position for myself when it comes to marriage and relationships. For me, I wont have sex before marriage and I won't live with a man until I am married. In my opinion a relationship should be built on God, trust, friendship, and love, not on sex. I know that im in the minority for someone my age when it comes to that but I wont betray my faith or my principles for temporary pleasure.

I don't believe that i'm a prude I just have a strict position for myself when it comes to marriage and relationships. For me, I wont have sex before marriage and I won't live with a man until I am married. In my opinion a relationship should be built on God, trust, friendship, and love, not on sex. I know that im in the minority for someone my age when it comes to that but I wont betray my faith or my principles for temporary pleasure.

Didn't Britney Spears used to say that as well!

tom can you try not saying odd stuff for just one day?

Can you apologise for all the hurtful things you and Billy No Mates said about my mother? What is odd about pointing out that Britney Spears also said that she would not have sex until she got married?

M
You need to get out more! Can you seriously tell me that you've never heard of a Snowball?

IDShot_225x225.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advocaat
advocaat isn't sold over here Tom.

I wouldn't sweat it. Just as long as you understand that it's a normal and healthy part of married life and that it is important that you prioritize it in you relationship. So you are right to build your relationship on the principles you stated but would be very wise to understand that sex and physical intimacy are hugely important as well as fundamental biological needs. And that if you do not make it a priority in you relationship to meet your partners needs, in that respect, with a great deal of joy and enthusiasm your relationship may fail despite your principles.

The reason I say don't sweat it is if the time and person is right it will be important to you and bring you a great deal of pleasure in meeting your partners need. Also...and this is very important....if you have premarital sex you will have in no way violated your values or principles for temporary pleasure. You're a human being built like any other. When the time is right, the time is right. That's not meant as a rationalization so much as pointing out that no one value system evaporated and died cause they had premarital sex. It don't work that way.

I wouldn't sweat it. Just as long as you understand that it's a normal and healthy part of married life and that it is important that you prioritize it in you relationship. So you are right to build your relationship on the principles you stated but would be very wise to understand that sex and physical intimacy are hugely important as well as fundamental biological needs. And that if you do not make it a priority in you relationship to meet your partners needs, in that respect, with a great deal of joy and enthusiasm your relationship may fail despite your principles.

The reason I say don't sweat it is if the time and person is right it will be important to you and bring you a great deal of pleasure in meeting your partners need. Also...and this is very important....if you have premarital sex you will have in no way violated your values or principles for temporary pleasure. You're a human being built like any other. When the time is right, the time is right. That's not meant as a rationalization so much as pointing out that no one value system evaporated and died cause they had premarital sex. It don't work that way.

Thank you for your perspective. I do understand that sex is a normal and natural part of marriage and it will be prioritized in my future married life but it will not be THE priority. The main priority in our marriage will be living our lives for Christ and for our family. When it comes to pre marital sex I know that I wouldn't die if I were to give in to temptation but I only have one pure body that God has given me through His sacrifice and so I just don't take that lightly. There are a lot of tests that we all go through in our lives and for me just because something is considered natural and accessible doesn't mean that I have to act on it for selfish reasons. God gives us one pure body that we give to one person for the rest of our lives and so for me it's a big decision.

wrong, that is the United Church of Christ.......Church of Christ is a small denomination......very conservative........

united church if Christ is a social justice cult; barack is that type of islamist: [taqiyya]/ jeremiah wright/ nation of islam... church of Christ is a water baptism / works salvation religion. correct me if i'm wrong

Well....be open minded about that. I grew up in the Methodist tradition but in a German Catholic community where such heathens are not considered a life form, let alone a human being. Was resentful towards Catholics for a long time till I met my one true love, who is Catholic and found out that German Catholics were assholes not because they are Catholic but because they are German. ;)

Point being....be open minded...you never know where true love may lead you and you may find you have far more in common than you think with someone who comes from a very different background than you. I'm head over heals in love with my beautiful Catholic bride. She's by far the best thing that ever happened to me. :)

pretty much what I said but without the personal details

sex is not evil

you will be fine with your path as long as your chosen mate fully agrees with you.

the perfect mate for who you are is not always someone who is exactly like you though.

A person who is different from you can open your mind and world in productive ways that some one just like you cant

post 42 which you quoted

Back