I had one of my Gentlemen pass away last night.

You are wrong and it is you who is the scumbag. You are too narcissistic to understand it.

Why couldn't you just come here and say one of your patients died? Why did you feel the need to give details? I am very sad for the loss of human life, but that doesn't mitigate the fact that you violated the law. You obviously don't understand HIPAA if you think you can come on a message board and tell us the patients name, age, conditions and that they died. Knowing where they lived, it wouldn't take someone too long to figure it all out if they wanted to.

No, that is not me making a threat, that is me stating a fact.

You are too consumed with getting pats on the back and replies from everybody you couldn't think through the ramifications of your actions. You are what is wrong with our society today. You are more worried with how this made YOU feel you take nobody else's thoughts or feelings into consideration.

Prove it....I was expressing my grief.

I know hipaa inside and out, and I violated nothing. YOU are the one that's trying to.make this.political, you are the one who thinks this is about me. What do you know about this person on a.personal level?

You are too consumed with gaining political points on this messgage board that you don't give a shit that a wonderful human.being died.

Look on the bright side....one less you'll have to pay for. Because that's all you really care about.

Prove it....I was expressing my grief.

I know hipaa inside and out, and I violated nothing. YOU are the one that's trying to.make this.political, you are the one who thinks this is about me. What do you know about this person on a.personal level?

You are too consumed with gaining political points on this messgage board that you don't give a shit that a wonderful human.being died.

Look on the bright side....one less you'll have to pay for. Because that's all you really care about.

No you are the one who thinks this is about YOU

Like I said, you made this about you by putting this out on the internets. That is on YOU. You own that. You could have said someone close to you died. You could have said one of your patients died.

You gave his name. His age. His disease states. That is a clear violation of HIPAA. Tell ya what puddin. Why don't I print out a copy of this and take it to your supervisor see if you aren't looking for a new job tomorrow.

You are too fucking narcissistic to realize that you fucked up. You will notice that I haven't said anything derogatory about his individual, but I have commented on YOUR actions. You are so fucking focused on yourself you can't even see that.

You broke the law not me

His name was Richard. He was a Down's Syndrome person. He was as loving and caring as I've ever worked with. Great sense of humorous and a huge Steelers fan. He had alopecia, which means he didn't have a hair on his body. He was 66 years old...which is old for Down's Syndrome people. He had a myriad of physical problems....COPD, Congestive Heart Failure, Alzheimer's disease(which every Down's Syndrome gets eventually).

I worked with this gentleman for 20 out of my 24 years at my place of employment, we had a bond and I considered him not only my charge....but my friend.

When I clocked in last night, I looked at the posted schedule and noticed his spot was whited out. I knew then....but someone from 2nd shift came down the Hall and asked if I'd heard....I said no and she confirmed it. She told me his body was still there, so I dropped my backpack and went down to the living area. I told him that I loved him, kissed him on the forehead and said "I'll see you later, my friend".

I'm gonna miss him....RIP, RS.

Oh, Steelplate - this is just awful. Losing someone who you knew so long and cared so much about - that's tough, no matter how his health was doing.

Your post has love all over it; that's heartwarming to know that people in your job care so much.

In terms of him living until 66 - that is amazing, but maybe with all we've learned around Down's Syndrome more and more people with it will be able to live long, joy-filled lives.

Our thoughts are with you in this tough time.

So you think some individual should have their personal information splashed on a message board to satisfy another's ego.

If you don't like the law then take it up with Congress

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/index.html

But maybe you think Steelplates narcissism is more important than this patients privacy?
Without the information to define exactly who it was, he did not violate HIPPA.

Lighten up. You can be a jerk. But you can also take a break from it occasionally.

His name was Richard. He was a Down's Syndrome person. He was as loving and caring as I've ever worked with. Great sense of humorous and a huge Steelers fan. He had alopecia, which means he didn't have a hair on his body. He was 66 years old...which is old for Down's Syndrome people. He had a myriad of physical problems....COPD, Congestive Heart Failure, Alzheimer's disease(which every Down's Syndrome gets eventually).

I worked with this gentleman for 20 out of my 24 years at my place of employment, we had a bond and I considered him not only my charge....but my friend.

When I clocked in last night, I looked at the posted schedule and noticed his spot was whited out. I knew then....but someone from 2nd shift came down the Hall and asked if I'd heard....I said no and she confirmed it. She told me his body was still there, so I dropped my backpack and went down to the living area. I told him that I loved him, kissed him on the forehead and said "I'll see you later, my friend".

I'm gonna miss him....RIP, RS.

I am sorry for your loss, he was lucky to have you in his life.

It's alright guys. I know the HIPAA laws.....I violated Nothing. ILA is just showing himself for what he is.

Let him vomit his hatred. It's all he knows....it's all he holds dear. I can only pray he's not this twisted and sad in real life as he is on here.

I have to say you are bang out of order, leave the guy alone.

What is out of order. I said nothing derogatory about the deceased. Nothing. In fact I am protecting the deceased. Steelplate is bang out of order. He broke the law. I guarentee he would not printout his OP and tak it to his supervisor. He would at the very least get a warning if not fired

It's alright guys. I know the HIPAA laws.....I violated Nothing. ILA is just showing himself for what he is.

Let him vomit his hatred. It's all he knows....it's all he holds dear. I can only pray he's not this twisted and sad in real life as he is on here.

You can try to make this about me but you know you are wrong. I won't even comment on your narcissism. But there was no reason for you to blast his personal information. None whatsoever. You could have gotten the same sympathy you were seeking without any of those details.

Why did you post his name? What was the purpose?

I hope an pray that nobody I know is in your care given how little respect you show to thier privacy. You should be ashamed but apparently you dot possess the self awareness.

You can try to make this about me but you know you are wrong. I won't even comment on your narcissism. But there was no reason for you to blast his personal information. None whatsoever. You could have gotten the same sympathy you were seeking without any of those details.

Why did you post his name? What was the purpose?

I hope an pray that nobody I know is in your care given how little respect you show to thier privacy. You should be ashamed but apparently you dot possess the self awareness.

You are lower than whaleshit dude.

You are lower than whaleshit dude.

You come on here and post private, personal health related information about a mentally disabled person and you want to make this about me? Fuck you you narcissistic mother fucker.

You broke the law, but besides that what makes you think you have the right to post his name, age and diseases? What gives you the right you immoral fuck?

Hell you should be ashamed for coming here exploiting his death looking for sympathy you shameless fuck.

FUCK YOU

Back