I think I figured out why I'm such a "square peg"

Me? I'm a retired Navy Chief. I have had other careers as middle-management since. I'm also a Buddhist. I rarely get mad about anything, no matter how stupid, retarded, insane, or childish someone is being. I solve problems--and I'm damn good at it. In the last 10 or so years of my naval career, I got sought out by officers for that ability. A week after I retired, a Captain at the Pentagon called me--at home!--asking if I'd accept orders to go to Iraq to supervise installation of cellphone jammers in USN / USMC vehicles because she was told "I was the guy." I told her I was retired now and that made it really difficult to cut me orders or I would have gone, just like I always did, to solve another problem.

So, when I say it's the person not the weapon that's a problem, it's an almost certainty I know what I'm talking about.

If it's the person and not the weapon that is the problem I'd say the best course of action is to try and prevent that person from getting that weapon. Seems when others he knew say they were terrified of him and feared for their lives around him that you don't sell him an AR15.

If it's the person and not the weapon that is the problem I'd say the best course of action is to try and prevent that person from getting that weapon. Seems when others he knew say they were terrified of him and feared for their lives around him that you don't sell him an AR15.

No one needs an assault rifle, there only use is massive murder

No one needs an assault rifle, there only use is massive murder

Amen. So sad this week, that even after this horror, there are people unwiring to see it. I'm sad about it. One of our members here, an actual doctor is pushing this Ted fucking Cruz, "harden the school" bullshit. Like sending our kids to a max sec prison is healthy for them - and then they get to see 70 year-old Mrs. Jones teaching history, while toting around a sidearm. That's not America, man, that's fucking North Korea.

I hope our Republicans, who are still fellow Americans, see the light. News flash: The won't.

We're on our own, and we ARE going to get the guns.

Amen. So sad this week, that even after this horror, there are people unwiring to see it. I'm sad about it. One of our members here, an actual doctor is pushing this Ted fucking Cruz, "harden the school" bullshit. Like sending our kids to a max sec prison is healthy for them - and then they get to see 70 year-old Mrs. Jones teaching history, while toting around a sidearm. That's not America, man, that's fucking North Korea.

I hope our Republicans, who are still fellow Americans, see the light. News flash: The won't.

We're on our own, and we ARE going to get the guns.

When the never Trump Republicans started sucking his cock,I knew it was over for true Republicans!
They are America's fascist party looking for a Fuhrer

I already suggested that, but by doing it in 'shades of grey' rather than binary, draconian laws. That is, make it moderately easy to get someone on the "No Buy" list, but at the same time make sure it is easy for someone put on it to go to the authorities and get off if they aren't a threat. So, in this case, someone turns the kid in and shows authorities his posts. He gets put on the No Buy list. When he goes to the store they tell him they can't sell him a gun today and hand him a list of contacts to get off the list. He could then make an appointment or whatever to be interviewed by a proper authority who would then either say "No, you're staying on the list for now, come back in six months..." or something, or the authority is convinced he's not a threat and takes him off the list.

The Red Flag list on the other hand is for those confirmed to be a real threat and they are the ones perma-banned. Hard to get on, hard to get off.

I knew you would respond this way. I was replying to the post that had suggested that most voters approve of Trump.

and we both know that is irrelevant in the US......anything else you want to make mistakes about?.......by the way, did you know that according to RealClearPolitics, Biden's average approval rating is lower than Trump's.......

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I AM HAPPY TO REPORT I HAVE JUST RECEIVED ANOTHER DEATH THREAT... THIS TIME FROM INTO THE NIGHT.

I'M DOING GOOD. I'VE ONLY BEEN HERE A WEEK AND I'VE RECEIVED 2 SO FAR. IF I GET 5 BY NEXT FRIDAY I GET A FREE CUP OF COFFEE :)

I'm sorry. I've just never seen that until I came here. It's eye-opening to say the least.

and we both know that is irrelevant in the US......anything else you want to make mistakes about?.......by the way, did you know that according to RealClearPolitics, Biden's average approval rating is lower than Trump's.......

Lol. The topic of discussion is Trump's popularity (or lack thereof).

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I AM HAPPY TO REPORT I HAVE JUST RECEIVED ANOTHER DEATH THREAT... THIS TIME FROM INTO THE NIGHT.

I'M DOING GOOD. I'VE ONLY BEEN HERE A WEEK AND I'VE RECEIVED 2 SO FAR. IF I GET 5 BY NEXT FRIDAY I GET A FREE CUP OF COFFEE :)

I'm sorry. I've just never seen that until I came here. It's eye-opening to say the least.

Day one I was called a "cum gargler".
Welcome to JPP

Lurch, Join the crowd, fascist demagogues do not like free speech. One site not only banned me but was afraid I'd figure out a way to log in so they made logging in a process of authentication so they knew you were one of them. The irony is these fascists are un-American but fail to see it.

https://conservativepoliticalforum.com/

Check out how many of them there are:

https://conservativeusa.net/ritelink.htm

For the reader and thinker:

'Hiding in Plain Sight: The Invention of Donald Trump and the Erosion of America' Sarah Kendzior

'Republic of Lies: American Conspiracy Theorists and Their Surprising Rise to Power' by Anna Merlan

'It Was All a Lie: How the Republican Party Became Donald Trump' by Stuart Stevens

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?108172-Reading-that-challenges

I just got banned from DP. I think, in summary, why I disturb people so much, is that I have extremely social, progressive views, but when people try to troll me, I come off like an "alpha". I think its because the expectation is that progressives are a "gentle, peaceful" people.

Well, I'm sorry to come off as so pugilistic, but I think if it's ok for a Republican to say, "Lets have trial by combat"; or "I'll pay your legal bills if you beat up protestors", or gassing protestors for a fake photo op, can't I say, the word, "bitch" once in awhile?

I think you guys better get used to it. Democrats are learning that the only thing the Republican Taliban understand and do is street fighting.

Expect much more of it, not only from the Republican Taliban from from the Dems. You Repub scum have had it easy for too long. No more Mr. and Mrs. nice guys and gals, bitches!!!!

We're coming for your guns!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Thank you for your honesty, lurch, as i also think the true knuckle draggers come from your side of the political fence.

Back