I'm Shocked to learn that Fox News barely covers the Iraq War

To be sure, I'm biased against Fox News.

That's why I rely on empirical, demonstrable, evidence to assess their journalist worth.

Did they cheerlead us into iraq, and minimize or muzzle anti-war criticism of the neccessity of war? Yes.

Did they constantly make false, unsubstantiated claims that we "found" the WMD? Yes.

When the war went bad, did their coverage of Iraq plummet - even though it's the most important issue of this generation? Yes.

Did they start devoting an inordinate amount of coverage to runaway brides and missing girls in Aruba? Yes.

Do they run screen crawls, with inflammatory captions like: "Do Democrats Hate America?". Yes.

"Did they start devoting an inordinate amount of coverage to runaway brides and missing girls in Aruba? Yes."

As an experiment this morning, I randomly clicked between the three major news cable channels, to see what stories they were running:

CNN: The Sammara Mosque Bombing

Will it incite more sectarian violence?
MSNBC: Immigration Reform

What will Congress do?
Fox News: Is Your House making you Fatter?

Dim lighting encourages binge eating.
Turn up your lights to encourage activity

Fox News: Is Your House making you Fatter?

Dim lighting encourages binge eating.
Turn up your lights to encourage activity

LMAO! Is your house making you fatter? That's fabulous.

Hmmm...

I got:

CNN: Immigration Reform
Fox: Rampage In Gaza
MSNBC: Bush Polling Low (Wow that's news.)

Umm CNN still has the photo and such about the ME problems.....
Sure they have other stuff on there but the leading story with pic is the ME problems.

Umm CNN still has the photo and such about the ME problems.....
Sure they have other stuff on there but the leading story with pic is the ME problems.

Is that what this argument has come to? "My station is better than your station" or "my ideology is better than your ideology" because of what "my station" is showing this second and what "your station" is not showing?

"Who?

I think you need to re-read the thread."

WHY would he do that? Lately he simply posts one liners that have nothing to do with the thread. Or he jumps into a conversation in the middle without having read the previous posts. Or he creates some insane strawman. Given that trend he has no reason to go back and see that he is flat out wrong yet again.

Okay, now Fox is back to it's daily coverage of the Duke rape case.

It sucks that these white kids were falsely accussed. I anxiously await wall-to-wall coverage by Fox (or any other network) the the next time a hispanic or black man is released from death row, after being found not guilty.

It sucks that these white kids were falsely accussed. I anxiously await wall-to-wall coverage by Fox (or any other network) the the next time a hispanic or black man is released from death row, after being found not guilty.

And after serving 20 years already for a crime they didn't commit, don't forgot that part! :)

You act surprised that athletes get more coverage. This is not new. Granted Lacrosse is not as high profile as many other sports but they are big time college D-1 athletes nonetheless. That in and of itself is going to garner more coverage. You throw in a DA who is supposedly acting unethical and of course it is going to big news.

I'm not saying its right or wrong but it's a reality in our celebrity obsessed society.

Duke is a Republican college. UNC is the liberal college. Of course Fox would cover lacrosse stuff. I used to live there.

You act surprised that athletes get more coverage. This is not new. Granted Lacrosse is not as high profile as many other sports but they are big time college D-1 athletes nonetheless. That in and of itself is going to garner more coverage. You throw in a DA who is supposedly acting unethical and of course it is going to big news.

I'm not saying its right or wrong but it's a reality in our celebrity obsessed society.
I think this one has more to do with the speed at which so many believed these guys to be guilty. Now it is at a point where the DA may be losing his law license because of bringing the charges without sufficient evidence of any wrongdoing, let alone a possibility of conviction.

Back