In celebration of our glorious congressional victory

I love all the Rambo responses on this thread! Lol

Isn't it the cutest?

One gets the feeling some of the gun lovers on this thread actually believe if/when intruders break into their home it's going to play out like some kind of Die Hard/Rambo moment...they're going to have the time to surreptitiously sneak into their special "gun room" and arm themselves in preparation for their action big scene.

Isn't it the cutest?

One gets the feeling some of the gun lovers on this thread actually believe if/when intruders break into their home it's going to play out like some kind of Die Hard/Rambo moment...they're going to have the time to surreptitiously sneak into their special "gun room" and arm themselves in preparation for their action big scene.

I have a gun within arms reach in every place in my house, not counting the one that is physically on my person 95% of the time.

I have a gun within arms reach in every place in my house, not counting the one that is physically on my person 95% of the time.

That is some kind of powerful fear you got ruling your everyday life.

Do you have children? I find it hard to believe, if you've got guns within arm's reach literally everywhere in your house, that it's safe for young children.

I just learned a new way to do it, ring your door bell and shoot you when you answer. It seems this is most effective way and all the guns in your house have seved absolutely no purpose.
True...typically, these braggarts aren't overly intelligent.

And you have to love the way ammunition tripled in price, as the NRA's plan worked to perfection. Numbskulls don't even know when they're being taken to the cleaners!

Do you have children? I find it hard to believe, if you've got guns within arm's reach literally everywhere in your house, that it's safe for young children.

It's not, that's why I don't let children over. Had I child I'd have to change a lot of things. And didn't you just say you had knives/bats all over your house? How is that less fearful?

It's not, that's why I don't let children over. Had I child I'd have to change a lot of things. And didn't you just say you had knives/bats all over your house? How is that less fearful?

She's 5 and not very tall. I keep all the knives up and out of her reach...and while she's now big enough to actually get a bat up and off the ground, the worst injury I've suffered at her hands is a busted toe.

She's 5 and not very tall. I keep all the knives up and out of her reach...and while she's now big enough to actually get a bat up and off the ground, the worst injury I've suffered at her hands is a busted toe.

....not what I was asking....but ok....

By the way, here's an excellent explanation of "The Combat Mindset", which is what STY and I have been discussing here.

I have a lock box within reach of my bed. My thumbprint opens it in less than one second. Inside is a loaded handgun.

I do have other firearms in my home. Most are in a vault. The point is not whether I have a gun within reach everywhere in my house. The point is whether or not I haqve at least one accessible when I need it.

Back