In celebration of our glorious congressional victory

If the kid could get the gun in that location why is it that you think they could not get the knife?

Because in my instance at least, if my daughter tried to climb the bookcases/cabinets to get to one, she's more than likely pull the bookcase over on herself before she got high enough to reach a knife.

Because in my instance at least, if my daughter tried to climb the bookcases/cabinets to get to one, she's more than likely pull the bookcase over on herself before she got high enough to reach a knife.

So when you said "I have a couple well placed baseball bats, a plethora of knives and a variety of other "items" stashed throughout my home", what you actually meant was you have a knife on top of a bookcase or two?

And when you asked Billy "Do you have children? I find it hard to believe, if you've got guns within arm's reach literally everywhere in your house, that it's safe for young children.", what you actually meant was "Do you have children who are tall? I find it hard to believe, if you've got guns within arm's reach literally everywhere in your house, that it's safe for tall children."?

Dem's & Repub's should be a shame,90% + Americans say want some kind of guns control laws passed. And we can't get it to the floor for a vote in the senate.:notbad: It's a joke on the American People!

Dem's & Repub's should be a shame,90% + Americans say want some kind of guns control laws passed. And we can't get it to the floor for a vote in the senate.:notbad: It's a joke on the American People!

Too bad none of the laws proposed can pass Constitutional muster.

First of all, I would question where you got the 90% + figure from.

Second, I would wonder how many Americans know how much control there is now. We already have to pass a background check that checks for felonies, records of having been in mental institutions ect. The problem is that these records are not up to date. But the new improved background check will be, of course.

Third, I would ask, if its 90% of Americans, you should have no problem with a constitutional amendment. That is the way the system is designed.

So when you said "I have a couple well placed baseball bats, a plethora of knives and a variety of other "items" stashed throughout my home", what you actually meant was you have a knife on top of a bookcase or two?

And when you asked Billy "Do you have children? I find it hard to believe, if you've got guns within arm's reach literally everywhere in your house, that it's safe for young children.", what you actually meant was "Do you have children who are tall? I find it hard to believe, if you've got guns within arm's reach literally everywhere in your house, that it's safe for tall children."?

No that's not what I meant, but what they hey, no one else around here strives for honest conversation so why should you?

Just pick up where USF, Yurt and 007 left off and continue to tell me what I meant to say...it will certainly save time.

No that's not what I meant, but what they hey, no one else around here strives for honest conversation so why should you?

Just pick up where USF, Yurt and 007 left off and continue to tell me what I meant to say...it will certainly save time.

Yeah, you have worked hard for an honest discussion here, haven't you?

You are the one trying to make it appear as though a gun owner creates an unsafe environment for children. And you did so in the same thread where you talked about having knives stashed all over your house. I called you on the hypocrisy.

If you would care to actually discuss the issue, I am open to that.

Yeah, you have worked hard for an honest discussion here, haven't you?

You are the one trying to make it appear as though a gun owner creates an unsafe environment for children. And you did so in the same thread where you talked about having knives stashed all over your house. I called you on the hypocrisy.

If you would care to actually discuss the issue, I am open to that.

First, I never claimed a gun owner having A GUN in your home created an unsafe environment, I was discussing one particular gun owner who described his home thusly:

I have a gun within arms reach in every place in my house

Second, I've yet to hear of a knife going off accidentally while being handled and killing someone across the room, so there's a BIG difference between having knives and having guns "within arms reach in EVERY PLACE" in a home.

First, I never claimed a gun owner having A GUN in your home created an unsafe environment, I was discussing one particular gun owner who described his home thusly:

Second, I've yet to hear of a knife going off accidentally while being handled and killing someone across the room, so there's a BIG difference between having knives and having guns "within arms reach in EVERY PLACE" in a home.

There is also a BIG difference between a house with a 5 year old and a house with no children in it at all.

And no, the knife would probably not hurt someone across the room. But it could certainly be found and played with by a child, with deadly results.

How would that differ from having a gun there? Do the laws of physics cease? Does your daughter suddenly become more careful?

How would that differ from having a gun there? Do the laws of physics cease? Does your daughter suddenly become more careful?

Nothing, but that isn't the comparison we are discussing.

We are discussing the differences between my claim of having knives up and out of the way vs Billy's claim that he's got guns "within arm's reach in every place" in his home.

Nothing, but that isn't the comparison we are discussing.

We are discussing the differences between my claim of having knives up and out of the way vs Billy's claim that he's got guns "within arm's reach in every place" in his home.

If someone doesn't have children and no children visit their home, having guns lying around all over is not an issue.

But you tried to ridicule Billy for his house being unsafe for children. He has no children in his house. You have a 5 year old and claimed you had knives stashed all over.

This shows it is the homeowner's behavior and not the weapon itself that is dangerous.

Back