Incels

Hidden Numbers helped expose the fact that many accomplishments of woman are never acknowledged or in the past attributed to men.

It did. How many of us learned about Rosalind Franklin when being taught about the discovery of the structure of DNA by Watson and Crick, two males? But without her contributions, their discovery would have taken much longer.

Good point. There's two parts to this story: Dolezal's mental health and the reactions of American society.

IMO, the main line to draw when analyzing a person is "Did they intend to do harm?" Dolezal didn't. She may be batshit crazy but she was trying to help. Now look at Stone and his RW clique; does he intend to do harm? What about all the other RWers on JPP? Do they seek to harm or help?

How many death threats have been posted on JPP and who is behind them? What ideology?

I, too, feel sorry for Dolezal, but her heart was in the right place. People like Stone and Althea, not so much.

What death threats? Be specific.

Actual threats to kill people are illegal, and can lead to things like court orders to pull up such posts and give information to authorities. Since this has not happened it is my opinion that such threats have not actually happened. If they have you should report the posts, if it is an actual threat... if it it something sideways and not an actual threat you should be specific in your description. We have leftwing moderators so that such things cannot be said to be ignored by moderators due to political views.

Actual threats to kill people are illegal, and can lead to things like court orders to pull up such posts and give information to authorities. Since this has not happened it is my opinion that such threats have not actually happened. If they have you should report the posts, if it is an actual threat... if it it something sideways and not an actual threat you should be specific in your description. We have leftwing moderators so that such things cannot be said to be ignored by moderators due to political views.

Well, you have *one* LW moderator. lol

I have had members threaten to beat me up, come here and kill me, turn me into their sex slave, etc. IMO it's just the bloviations of insecure losers and not worth bothering moderation about. I did report a couple of the more credible stalking posts to moderation and you took care of it. Thanks.

Actual threats to kill people are illegal, and can lead to things like court orders to pull up such posts and give information to authorities. Since this has not happened it is my opinion that such threats have not actually happened.

If they have you should report the posts, if it is an actual threat... if it it something sideways and not an actual threat you should be specific in your description. We have leftwing moderators so that such things cannot be said to be ignored by moderators due to political views.
Thanks!

I have. No change, so I stopped. IIRC, the last one I reported was last summer; a death threat against evince.

Most have learned to couch their threats, as you've pointed out.

If you restore the Advance Search function, I'd be happy to look them up for you. Otherwise, the FBI will have to do it after I, evince or someone else is murdered. LOL

Thanks!

I have. No change, so I stopped. IIRC, the last one I reported was last summer; a death threat against evince.

Most have learned to couch their threats, as you've pointed out.

If you restore the Advance Search function, I'd be happy to look them up for you. Otherwise, the FBI will have to do it after I, evince or someone else is murdered. LOL

Reporting, "Kill yourself" posts is going to lead to that. To be a threat it needs to be specifically a threat, not a suggestion.

Legally to be an actual threat it needs to be something like, "I am going to go to your house and take a hammer and hurt you." (I am not going to do anything of the sort). It cannot be, "you should kill yourself"...

Well, you have *one* LW moderator. lol

I have had members threaten to beat me up, come here and kill me, turn me into their sex slave, etc. IMO it's just the bloviations of insecure losers and not worth bothering moderation about. I did report a couple of the more credible stalking posts to moderation and you took care of it. Thanks.

Well, two Democrat Moderators and one libertarian (small l) registered as a republican... I am constitutionally conservative, but libertine in human rights.

Well, two Democrat Moderators and one libertarian (small l) registered as a republican... I am constitutionally conservative, but libertine in human rights.
Does lr still claim to be a Democrat? He seems more log cabin Republican to me.

Reporting, "Kill yourself" posts is going to lead to that. To be a threat it needs to be specifically a threat, not a suggestion.

Legally to be an actual threat it needs to be something like, "I am going to go to your house and take a hammer and hurt you." (I am not going to do anything of the sort). It cannot be, "you should kill yourself"...
Agreed saying “kill yourself”, “hang yourself” or “I hope God strikes you dead” isn’t a death threat…although I’m not a lawyer.

Yes, truly boring people can't stop talking about trump.

Just like “truly boring people” can’t stop talking about Obama, Michelle or the Clintons?

If Damo would turn restore the Advanced Search feature, how many of your posts would mention those names after their time in office?

Does lr still claim to be a Democrat? He seems more log cabin Republican to me.

Yes, from his posts I would say that he's a moderate (by the standards of maybe 10 years ago) Republican. He'd be a RINO in today's RW world. Moderate (D)s would take him in, but progs would utterly reject him.

Back