Interesting story

Status
Not open for further replies.
and as long as that is in the lease when I sign it, you have a leg to stand on. two months after I move in, you don't get to say that if it wasn't in the lease.

If the complex gets sued for a dog bite and changes their rules what leg do you have to stand on?

Meet "Tommy". Tommy just got out of his third jail visit. Two of the crimes involved a gun. Tommy moved into Larry's apartments 3 weeks ago.

"Larry" owns an apartment complex. He notices his new resident is bringing in a larger than normal amount of guns into his apartment when moving in. Later Larry decides to do a background check, say www.casenet.com. Larry learns that Tommy has a history of gun violence and realizes he lives on his property with lots of military style guns.

So you are saying that "Larry" just has to deal with it and hope that "Tommy" was -->corrected<--- by the prison he was in? Do you have that much trust in the prison system? Do you have that much trust in "Tommy"?

In what idiotic world do you live in where Larry just has to deal with it and do nothing and hope for the best..................

Wake up ... I'm sure your uneducated response will be "he should have checked casenet to begin with......but what if he didn't? He's just SOL? So stupid.

Meet "Tommy". Tommy just got out of his third jail visit. Two of the crimes involved a gun. Tommy moved into Larry's apartments 3 weeks ago.

"Larry" owns an apartment complex. He notices his new resident is bringing in a larger than normal amount of guns into his apartment when moving in. Later Larry decides to do a background check, say www.casenet.com. Larry learns that Tommy has a history of gun violence and realizes he lives on his property with lots of military style guns.

So you are saying that "Larry" just has to deal with it and hope that "Tommy" was -->corrected<--- by the prison he was in? Do you have that much trust in the prison system? Do you have that much trust in "Tommy"?

In what idiotic world do you live in where Larry just has to deal with it and do nothing and hope for the best..................

Wake up ...
i guess ol' larry should have done his due diligence by conducting the background check first, shouldn't he? of course that does not mean that ol' larry, having found out that tommy is a convicted felon, can't call the police and inform them. he'll be rid of ol tommy pretty quickly. problem solved.

so a property owner could prohibit ovens and stoves because of possible fire?

they could....it might put a serious damper on his cash flow, however......I recall a case I handled back in the 80s where a lease had a clause prohibiting green curtains and I had to evict a tenant over it......

tell us what rights that gives a renter.

the rights of both the tenant and the landlord are provided in the lease.....in the absence of a lease the right of a tenant is only that of the shortest notice required by the state to terminate a tenancy.....here in Michigan its 30 days.....as I tell my clients, if you have a month to month lease and you wake up with a headache and decide the best thing you can do for it is evict all your tenants all you need to do is send them a written thirty day notice to vacate......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back