Interesting story

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot, for instance, put cameras in their apartments so you can watch them, even if you try to put it in the rental agreement.

actually, that's not true.....they even made a reality TV show out of it that had several spin offs.....if people agree to something voluntarily you can put pretty much anything in a lease......

i guess ol' larry should have done his due diligence by conducting the background check first, shouldn't he? of course that does not mean that ol' larry, having found out that tommy is a convicted felon, can't call the police and inform them. he'll be rid of ol tommy pretty quickly. problem solved.

The police can't remove him if there are no background checks for guns kiddo. He's free to own them reguardless of his past....

In the idiot world where when one signs a lease, the terms of the lease are valid for the specified length of the lease and cannot be changed anymore than any other legal contract can be changed after the fact.

OK, Idiot?

And as I stated before, leases can change...........Or do you think they can't? Watch your mouth bone head.

"But I've lived here for 31 years" IT DOESN'T MATTER. The owner has the right to change the lease as the owner wants. Once the lease is up assuming it is in writing (many are verbal), which means either 1 month or 1 year. No one can use lawful power to force a land owner to allow an occupant to have weapons.

People won't want to live there because crooks will know "those are the apartments where no one is allowed to have a weapon, let's rob that one". Or maybe some people will feel they are able to defend their home with good locks and a baseball bat. It's up to them.

I'm not a lawyer but I wouldn't be surprised if in all the various federal housing law we have you can't ask someone's legal status. I don't know if you can even ask where (a potential renter) they're from.
there was a lawsuit in the federal courts from farmers branch here in TX where it was REQUIRED to ask legal status before renting. the ruling was that ONLY the feds had jurisdiction over immigration, which doesn't make much sense because we weren't having them arrested, just not able to rent.

The police can't remove him if there are no background checks for guns kiddo. He's free to own them reguardless of his past....
did you not say that he was seen carrying numerous guns in to the apartment building? and did you not then say it was at that time that larry ran a background check on tommy?

"But I've lived here for 31 years" IT DOESN'T MATTER. The owner has the right to change the lease as the owner wants. Once the lease is up assuming it is in writing (many are verbal), which means either 1 month or 1 year. No one can use lawful power to force a land owner to allow an occupant to have weapons.

People won't want to live there because crooks will know "those are the apartments where no one is allowed to have a weapon, let's rob that one". Or maybe some people will feel they are able to defend their home with good locks and a baseball bat. It's up to them.
meanwhile, the people that don't care about the law know that they are going up against under armed victims. nice job.

no, they do not. Leasing/renting transfers most property rights to the renter/leasee, making the renter the person with controlling interest. the only rights the actual owner then has would be to prohibit illegal items.

false equivalency

The left would be screaming, if this a black guy and the owner said no saggy pants.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-they-have-to-get-rid-of-their-guns-or-leave/

Personally, I think that the apartment should be able to do this as I believe in freedom of association. But, then I also believe that they should be able to tell gays, blacks, whites, asians or anyone else they can't live there for any reason they want. I am consistent on my position.

However, given that we live in a world where NOBODY can be discriminated against he should probably sue their asses for violating his constitutional rights. Like I said, I don't think it is a valid case, but neither are the others so what the hell.

I guess they won't be renting to any Police Officers.

we shall see.

they have tons of complexes in the area when I looked them up.

I bet this is a reaction to Zimmy hunting down an child with a conceal and carry permit.

They likely talked to lawyers first

It can't be for that reason; because it never happened and you've lied, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back