Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Ok, serious quest for a good recipe. We have a wild boar ham sitting in our fridge and I need recipes, ideally not very complicated ones, because I won't turn Christmas into a chore.
Thanks in advance.

That's what we do on the rare occasions we order dessert when eating out.

We love trying out new and curious things. Did you know that poppy seed cake can give you a false drug reading?
725874000_rT3Rt-M.jpg

That's awesome! My weakness is Doritos with that smooth taco sauce to dip them in. But only eat them a couple times/year anymore.

I had a weakness for fresh bread. That was one thing that went with the diet. I used to hand make a few types of bread. Beer cheese bread, Portuguese corn bread, etc.

I know you sure make amazing cookies.

Well I did flub up on the andes ones. The brown sugar had some hard chunks that weren't mixing in, so i was just going to gently warm it in the oven on a very low temp. Mom said I needed to eat something, and I grabbed a yogurt. I got busy eating it, and let it stay in to long. The butter melted, and it lost all the bulk you get from creaming the butter, and sugar together. And to think I used the more expensive European butter. I made a new batch, but was out of unsalted butter. I didn't add salt, but I should have amended the baking soda a little. It was yuck from all the saltiness. Since it flopped I salvaged the other one. Granted I was working under little sleep, but I managed. After all was said, and done, I was the level of tired, where you get stuck awake. You just can't seem to fall asleep, and that was annoying. I tried to save money this year, and bit off more than I could chew. And to think I was also going to make candles. I wasn't planning that several days up to it, I wouldn't feel good though. The box shipped to the family in Ohio ended up weighing in at, over 10 pounds of soap, and cookies.

HELP!!!

I want to make a shepherd's pie (Cottage pie technically~as I will be using Turkey instead of lamb but I will try that next time)..

My grandmother use to make one but not like the ones I see on google etc...

From what I recall she used mostly mashed potatoes & turkey.. I don't recall carrots which almost all use nor peas although onion may have been in it, gravy & perhaps a bit of stuffing....

Ideas??

HELP!!!

I want to make a shepherd's pie (Cottage pie technically~as I will be using Turkey instead of lamb but I will try that next time)..

From what I recall she used mostly mashed potatoes & turkey.. I don't recall carrots which almost all use nor peas although onion may have been in it, gravy & perhaps a bit of stuffing....

Ideas??

I like it with corn, and I'd sprinkle the potato top with plenty of paprika.

HELP!!!

Ideas??

Cottage pie is made with beef, shepherd's pie with lamb. Not sure what the hell you call it when made from turkey, maybe pilgrim's pie?

We love trying out new and curious things. Did you know that poppy seed cake can give you a false drug reading?
725874000_rT3Rt-M.jpg

Yes I did, a Swiss man was jailed in Dubai when they found poppy seeds from a bread roll he ate at Heatrow on his clothing.

Bread roll

Meanwhile, a Swiss national is serving a four-year jail term after three poppy seeds from a bread roll he ate at Heathrow airport were found on his clothes.
Fair Trials International has published a full list of banned substances on its website. The Foreign Office is advising all travellers carrying any prescription drugs to take a doctor's letter detailing exactly why they need the medicine and the exact dose. The UAE Embassy in London said it would not comment at this stage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7234786.stm

HELP!!!

Ideas??
My mother used green beans, a layer of meat, mashed potatoes on top, simply delicious.

HELP!!!

Ideas??

I use diced carrots, onions, celery... saute them first in some butter till the onions are translucent. You can add peas, green beans, corn, whatever your family likes. I make a "gravy" for it with chicken broth, poultry seasoning or sage, thicken with flour or corn starch. put all that in your casserole dish, add the turkey (I guess you're using leftover cooked turkey?), then top with the mashed potatoes. Brush a bit of melted butter or margarine (or use butter flavored cooking spray for less fat) over the top of the potatoes. Bake for ~ an hour at 350F. Let it stand 10 minutes, then serve. Good luck, let us know what you end up doing and how it turns out!

Back