Jade's Recipe Exchange.

You should see my Chili recipe if you like good, and spicy food. I posted it before, but it's buried a ways back. It's not perfected, as I'd rather use fresh grown peppers of my choice, rather than just whatever I can find around.

My Inferno chili (No Holds Barred Trial Edition) This is for a large batch, I leave math up to others that want it cut in half, or more. If any takers exist.

About a pound of ground chuck, with a half a pound of ground sirloin. (Mix with plenty of sriracha seasoning, and about half a bottle of green Tabasco, or other green sauce. Let sit for a few hours in a large plastic bag, in the fridge.)
1 package of ground hot chorizo.
1 2.5 oz hot Mexican style chili powder
2 TBSP regular chili powder
1 & 1/3 TBSP scotch bonnet powder (Revised from 1 TBSP)
1 4.0 gram vile of 7 pot brain strain powder
7 jalapenos diced
1 1/2 pint of habaneros diced
2 cipollini onions peeled, and diced
10 dried Thai peppers, 1 dried ghost pepper, 2 dried Trinidad scorpion peppers (grind in mortar, and pestle with little bit of water)
2 10 oz cans, Rotel Diced tomatoes, with habaneros
1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes
2 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (no salt added)
1 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes (Mexican style)
10-15 grinds of Szechuan peppercorn
1 TBSP smoked paprika
1 TBSP dried lemon peel
1 TBSP dried Marjoram
1 TBSP crushed red pepper
1 TSP ground cumin
2 TBSP Turbinado sugar (Revised from 1 & 1/3 TBSP total.)
Small palm full of Smoked sea salt (I used smoked serrano for more heat)
1 46 fl oz can Tomato juice
1 average size bottle dark ale
Sounds amazing, I would have heartburn for days!

They make pills for that, lol.

Heheheheh. I'm with Jade's mom -- just can't handle that spicy stuff. The kids and us were trying to figure out something to make in their new crockpot for supper yesterday. The consensus was chicken with buffalo sauce. I said "But that's spicy." They said that it's not. Son-in-law hauled out the bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's buffalo sauce and let me try it. Took two glasses of milk and a lot of cussing before I could feel my tongue again. lol

We settled on sloppy joes and they were excellent.

Yeah, idiots like you just guess on the temp of your roasts. That’s why everyone gets the shits after you cook

One could argue that, with enough experience and talent, one doesn't need high tech gadgets.
Size of roast, proper prep, proper cooking temp and an eye on the clock, is all you need. Rookies are welcome to use meat thermometers to check their work.

Jokes aside, we have a Weber Genesis, great grill. Easy to use, easy to clean, comes up to temp in no time, holds temps perfectly, and seemingly indestructible. But to each their own. We have so many choices, life is great.

Heheheheh. I'm with Jade's mom -- just can't handle that spicy stuff. The kids and us were trying to figure out something to make in their new crockpot for supper yesterday. The consensus was chicken with buffalo sauce. I said "But that's spicy." They said that it's not. Son-in-law hauled out the bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's buffalo sauce and let me try it. Took two glasses of milk and a lot of cussing before I could feel my tongue again. lol

We settled on sloppy joes and they were excellent.

It's amazing how some people are more sensitive to spicy heat. I love the hot stuff, but only to a point. I use siracha sauce like ketchup.

You can't go wrong with sloppy Joes.

It's amazing how some people are more sensitive to spicy heat. I love the hot stuff, but only to a point. I use siracha sauce like ketchup.

We found ourselves more tolerant to spicy foods over the years. I remember chewing on a pickled Jalapeno and tears streaming down my face. Now I think those things are for wimps.

That's right! Unfortunately I'm one of those so-called "super tasters." Coffee is far too bitter to tolerate even if it's piled up with sugar, whipped cream, chocolate, spices, etc. Same with diet Coke or anything else with artificial sweeteners in it. The exception is stevia, in small amts. Got my husband a gift box of various hot sauces that he sometimes uses when the food is too bland for his taste. He's like you.... sriracha sauce is just another condiment. Of course I can't kiss him for an hour after supper though. lol

It's funny that our parrots aren't bothered by hot pepper taste. They will eat them straight out of the garden. I had a friend once who would give her husband's bird hot peppers when she was mad at him (the husband, not the bird). When he kissed his bird he got burned. lol

We found ourselves more tolerant to spicy foods over the years. I remember chewing on a pickled Jalapeno and tears streaming down my face. Now I think those things are for wimps.

You have tongue callouses! lol

Glad your pig roast turned out so well. Eager to get another one some day?

One could argue that, with enough experience and talent, one doesn't need high tech gadgets.
Size of roast, proper prep, proper cooking temp and an eye on the clock, is all you need. Rookies are welcome to use meat thermometers to check their work.

Jokes aside, we have a Weber Genesis, great grill. Easy to use, easy to clean, comes up to temp in no time, holds temps perfectly, and seemingly indestructible. But to each their own. We have so many choices, life is great.

I have a Weber Genesis as well. A great grill. Haven’t used it since I bought the Traeger.

The reference to the new Traeger “if you don’t have one, you’re a pussy” was a joke. But some people just have towade in.

Disagree on meat thermometers. When you’re doing multiple cuts up to 8-12 hours, guesswork doesn’t make it. No need for an eye on the clock when you can monitor temps wherever you are.

I don’t use a lot of sauces, I like the real taste of foods not masked by condiments.

I don’t use a lot of sauces, I like the real taste of foods not masked by condiments.

but are you a purist? BBQ, with or without sauce? I can't stand it when people cover up a flavor that took hours to develop. Dry rubbed, slow smoked brisket with drippings doesn't need anything else but some good slaw on the side.

but are you a purist? BBQ, with or without sauce? I can't stand it when people cover up a flavor that took hours to develop. Dry rubbed, slow smoked brisket with drippings doesn't need anything else but some good slaw on the side.
Not a purist, but I do eat bbq without extra sauce. I eat my brisket without sauce, I too enjoy the smoked taste only enhanced by the dry rub.

After just watching "the chew" this is what's for dinner

512x288-Q80_8dfc39f86cdf4b6083d5796b84f5c443.jpg

Quinoa Risotto with Zucchini and Tomatoes Recipe | The Chew - ABC.com

I use quite a few sauces but idea is to enhance or add layers of flavor to the food. Not cover any up. That's my issue with going crazy with hot sauces. Beyond a certain point of heat you can't taste anything but the hot sauce.

Well to be clear, I'm kind of pushing my limits myself. I just started craving the stuff again, after I did a cleanse for my digestion, to get rid of excess yeast. It is nice to be able to have my iron stomach back. The rest of my body isn't quite used to it yet after being away from it so long, so I only eat my Inferno Chili in small doses. They used to make 2 hot sauces that were sizzling, and I loved, but they were discontinued.

https://www.hotsauce.com/Heartbreaking-Dawn-s-Nuit-En-Enfer-Hot-Sauce-p/1621n.htm

https://www.amazon.com/CaJohns-Bumblefoots-Abnormal-Hot-Sauce/dp/B00BA5R3HM

Back