Jade's Recipe Exchange.

The only thing I like orange flavored are oranges, but I am sure it will be delicious!
I love orange flavored cream cycles. It's one of my favorite frozen treats! :)

If you like those...try this shooter recipe. place some ice in a shaker. Add 1 shot of vodka, 1 shot of orange juice and 1 shot of cream. Shake and pour into a cocktail glass. Mmmmm Mmmm!

It's getting close to new years so I'll give out my punch recipe. The neighbors call it swamp juice, because of the green color, but lets call it Jaded Juice here. Only drink a maximum of two solo cups not quite full, unless you plan on getting shitfaced drunk. My neighbors can put away alcohol, and I go by how much they drink.

750 ml bottle of Seagrams VO Canadian Whiskey
375 ml of Stoli Orange Vodka
375 ml Captain Morgan Passion fruit rum
375 ml Midori Melon Liqueur
1 large can pineapple juice
1 bottle Barefoot pink moscato champagne

P.S. Don't blame be for strange behaviors, or shitty karaoke due to consumption of this stuff.

Last edited:
Anyone notice how butthurt Eagles is, to come here, and groan all these old posts yesterday. For heavens sake. Isn't there a bottom of the barrel of pathetic here? Must be a anorexic, to hate on food so much.

Hmm. Mostly I just use olive oil, sea salt and a little garlic.

I'm a "non-taster" so they don't seem bitter to me.

I ate some really good ones over Thanksgiving and will try to get the recipe and post it. It had glazed walnuts in it.

Here are the ingredients for the Brussels sprouts dish. Unfortunately I don't have official quantities so maybe add as much as you like?

Cut brussels sprouts in half and put in oven on oil-misted baking sheet for about 30 minutes.

Mix together blue cheese, chopped bacon, and glazed walnuts in a bowl. Add the sprouts. Mix in a vinaigrette dressing and serve.

I love orange flavored cream cycles. It's one of my favorite frozen treats! :)

If you like those...try this shooter recipe. place some ice in a shaker. Add 1 shot of vodka, 1 shot of orange juice and 1 shot of cream. Shake and pour into a cocktail glass. Mmmmm Mmmm!

Gran Marnier can be used in killer margaritas as well.
Or the stupifying Kamikaze with vodka, triple sec and lime juice.

Here is a jerky recipe I ran across that people seem to love. But then again, who doesn't like jerky?

I like this one because there is no marinade. No brine that I toss later. All the ingredients are in the final product, so no waste. I like to use pork sirloin because it is so inexpensive (compared to beef), very lean, and takes the flavors well.

3 lb ground meat (pork or beef)
1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
3 TBL brown sugar
1 TBL Dijon mustard
1 TBL hot sauce (I usually use Frank's Louisiana)
3 TBL ketchup
1 tsp garlic powder
1 TBL onion powder
1 TBL Worcestershire sauce
2 TBL liquid smoke (I prefer mesquite, but hickory is also good)
2 TBL Montreal steak seasoning

I mix all ingredients and use a jerky gun to make the strips. Into the dehydrator at the highest setting until I get the desired doneness. Usually, 12 hours or so. You can heat the mixture at 200 degrees for a few minutes before dehydrating if you wish.

I get about 4 pounds of dried jerky out of 10 pounds of meat.

Here are the ingredients for the Brussels sprouts dish. Unfortunately I don't have official quantities so maybe add as much as you like?

Cut brussels sprouts in half and put in oven on oil-misted baking sheet for about 30 minutes.

Mix together blue cheese, chopped bacon, and glazed walnuts in a bowl. Add the sprouts. Mix in a vinaigrette dressing and serve.

Wonderful.... thanks!

Anyone notice how butthurt Eagles is, to come here, and groan all these old posts yesterday. For heavens sake. Isn't there a bottom of the barrel of pathetic here? Must be a anorexic, to hate on food so much.

He doesn't hate on food; he hates on ppl who routinely show him up for the bitter old no-life dick that he is. lol

I get about 4 pounds of dried jerky out of 10 pounds of meat.

Had no idea you can make jerky out of ground meat. How tough/tender is it? We both love jerky, esp. the Husband Unit. But he had a bad experience a few years ago with store jerky. A bite apparently tore his gum in the back by a molar, and it got infected. Was super painful before and during treatment. So since then we're careful about buying any commercial jerky. What does the jerky gun do? Do you need a commercial dehydrator?

Had no idea you can make jerky out of ground meat. How tough/tender is it? We both love jerky, esp. the Husband Unit. But he had a bad experience a few years ago with store jerky. A bite apparently tore his gum in the back by a molar, and it got infected. Was super painful before and during treatment. So since then we're careful about buying any commercial jerky. What does the jerky gun do? Do you need a commercial dehydrator?

Bummer about the teeth. There are some pretty tough cuts out there.

The jerky gun looks similar to a big caulking gun. The ground meat is spooned into a large tube and extruded through the tip. Since you typically make thinner strips, it is not as tough as many store jerkies.

I have a Nesco home dehydrator that works great.

jerky-gun-xl.jpg

We aren't having prime rib tomorrow since we had it for Yule/Solstice. This is the recipe I used the last time. It sounds horribly sodium-filled but in reality it's not. Just perfectly seasoned, tender, and juicy. Enjoy! What, if anything, special are you serving tonight or tomorrow?

Salt Encrusted Prime Rib Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing YIELD:10 servings
Ingredients
• 1 box (3 pounds) kosher salt (about 6 cups), divided
• 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
• 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1/2 cup water
Directions
• 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Line a shallow roasting pan with heavy-duty foil. Place 3 cups salt on foil, spreading evenly to form a 1/2-in. layer.
• 2. Brush roast with Worcestershire sauce; sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder. Place roast on layer of salt, fat side up. In a small bowl, mix water and remaining salt (mixture should be just moist enough to pack). Beginning at the base of the roast, press salt mixture onto the sides and top of roast.
• 3. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 325°. Roast 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reaches 130° for medium-rare; 145° for medium. (Temperature of roast will continue to rise about 15° upon standing.) Let stand 20 minutes.
• 4. Remove and discard salt crust; brush away any remaining salt. Carve roast into slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts
5 ounces cooked beef: 325 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 900mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.

Back