Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I have a wide selection of oils. A good sunflower oil is my go to, Coconut oil is great for a variety of dishes, for some, it is a bit too flavor forward.

I used coconut oil to make a quick ganache for my Dark chocolate, raspberry upside down cake.

Butterscotch is one of my favorite flavors in some desserts. My Mom always made scotch krispies for the holidays.

I like it too.

There is a species of tree out West (Colorado) that smells like butterscotch when you scratch its bark.... to some people. Depending on your DNA, it can also smell like vanilla. You've been out there and probably tested them, right?

https://www.nps.gov/brca/learn/nature/ponderosapine.htm

So how did it turn out?

It was very good. I also made a green bean casserole from scratch, but was too tired to even try any, lol.

Didn't start cooking til late. Was trying to get some work done on some tile mosaics I'm cutting for a bathroom project, and ran into an electrical problem with an outside outlet. Of course it's like zero outside, and you can't do anything with gloves on. So by the time I was done troubleshooting that, time got away from me. That's my life story, and I'm stickin' to it. :D

I like it too.

There is a species of tree out West (Colorado) that smells like butterscotch when you scratch its bark.... to some people. Depending on your DNA, it can also smell like vanilla. You've been out there and probably tested them, right?

https://www.nps.gov/brca/learn/nature/ponderosapine.htm

I've been, but never tried that. My brother just moved out of Houston, and into Denver, so we added a detour there, to the trip this summer.

It was very good. I also made a green bean casserole from scratch, but was too tired to even try any, lol.

Didn't start cooking til late. Was trying to get some work done on some tile mosaics I'm cutting for a bathroom project, and ran into an electrical problem with an outside outlet. Of course it's like zero outside, and you can't do anything with gloves on. So by the time I was done troubleshooting that, time got away from me. That's my life story, and I'm stickin' to it. :D

It just never ends, does it? lol

Glad you liked it; added the ingredients to my shopping list for tomorrow. Showed it to Mr Owl, who hates sauerkraut and predictably he said "Yuck, that's disgusting." But then when he saw that brown sugar was in the recipe, he decided to give it a try. Thanks again!

It just never ends, does it? lol

Glad you liked it; added the ingredients to my shopping list for tomorrow. Showed it to Mr Owl, who hates sauerkraut and predictably he said "Yuck, that's disgusting." But then when he saw that brown sugar was in the recipe, he decided to give it a try. Thanks again!

It's a great alternative to the sour/salty sauerkraut flavor (which I personally love). We've made other versions of this recipe over the years, and my wife loves the way it tones down the kraut. I actually cut this pork loin in half and made half with the sweet recipe, and half with just kraut and pork.

It's been nice knowing you. See you on the other side. lol

My green chili tastes good and it is uber hot. When I cook it the family usually leaves because it is like getting sprayed with pepper spray for them. But when it is done... Yum. I make a batch a week and we use it on almost everything we eat.

It is a sekrit though... I don't share that recipe.

My green chili tastes good and it is uber hot. When I cook it the family usually leaves because it is like getting sprayed with pepper spray for them. But when it is done... Yum. I make a batch a week and we use it on almost everything we eat.

It is a sekrit though... I don't share that recipe.

I'm working on perfecting my chili recipe, and I'm making a special blend, that will be made into chili extract. While I let loose what the fresh peppers in my chili will be, I might not give this away. I might have a poll to figure out a name for it though.

I'm working on perfecting my chili recipe, and I'm making a special blend, that will be made into chili extract. While I let loose what the fresh peppers in my chili will be, I might not give this away. I might have a poll to figure out a name for it though.

I have a chili recipe,drive to Wendy's

Back