Jade's Recipe Exchange.

They take meat that had been heating on the side of the grill for too long, put it in water and then the refrigerator. They then cut it up the next day... That's the meat they use in their chili.
Jamie Oliver has his own food brand and his 21 day aged steak is really tasty albeit pricey.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

I guess "yellowies" just doesn't roll off the tongue all that well.

Either does yellow snow. lol

Thought of you today when heading into town for huntering and gathering. Came across this pair on the side of the road at the edge of town. We often see their flock there; someone's probably feeding them. We had a little chat then it was time to move on.

ETA: I don't know why there's no sound. ???

I'm making this for supper tomorrow night!

You can half the brown sugar and syrup by merely rinsing the kraut first. I always taste it raw. If it is very sour, I rinse it a bit more.
Did you know that the freshest and best tasting kraut comes in a jar or can? Less preservatives than the bagged stuff in the cooler.

You can half the brown sugar and syrup by merely rinsing the kraut first. I always taste it raw. If it is very sour, I rinse it a bit more.
Did you know that the freshest and best tasting kraut comes in a jar or can? Less preservatives than the bagged stuff in the cooler.

I didn't know that, but do prefer the jar/can kind. Usually I make my own, but when the house is warmer. In the winter we keep it pretty cool in here so not the best temps for fermentation. Thanks!

Took a pork loin sliced it down the middle filled it with dressing.
Had that with green beans,corn and sour kraut, and Reed's Ginger Beer to drink on New Years

It's a great alternative to the sour/salty sauerkraut flavor (which I personally love). We've made other versions of this recipe over the years, and my wife loves the way it tones down the kraut. I actually cut this pork loin in half and made half with the sweet recipe, and half with just kraut and pork.

Had it last night -- it was excellent! The sauerkraut gave it a nice tangy taste w/o being overbearing. Lots of leftovers for BBQ pork sammiches too. Thanks again.

I got an amazing knife for cutting meats. Only issue is Amazon has it set in a group of knives, so the reviews are for all the knives in the group. It wasn't before, but is now. I collect knives, and Japanese swords, so I can attest how wickedly sharp this blade is. It is almost half price lately as well. You could cut some perfect sandwich meat.

https://www.amazon.com/ONIMARU-Stai...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5H4EG0E6CKPXJP3Z8E5J
My son loves Japanese swords, he only has one, so far, travel has replaced his collecting for now.

My son loves Japanese swords, he only has one, so far, travel has replaced his collecting for now.

Biggest issue with this knife is you have to be careful. If you want to try and place your other hand on the back of the blade for leverage, go from the bottom up. I just barely nudged my self, and it went through rubber gloves.

Biggest issue with this knife is you have to be careful. If you want to try and place your other hand on the back of the blade for leverage, go from the bottom up. I just barely nudged my self, and it went through rubber gloves.
yikes, I know they are sharp.

Mom picked up an 8 bone lamb rack. I slathered in with dijon, and put some of my dried spearmint on it, and roasted it to a medium rare. First time I ever prepared lamb, despite eating it several times out. It smelled a lot different than I thought it would uncooked. Had a gamey scent to it, that I'm not used to. Still it was delish, and my new knife went through it like butter.

Mom picked up an 8 bone lamb rack. I slathered in with dijon, and put some of my dried spearmint on it, and roasted it to a medium rare. First time I ever prepared lamb, despite eating it several times out. It smelled a lot different than I thought it would uncooked. Had a gamey scent to it, that I'm not used to. Still it was delish, and my new knife went through it like butter.

Love rack of lamb and use fresh rosemary, garlic and olive oil.
This is my favorite knife
598.jpg

Fits my hand like a glove. It took me a while to learn how to keep it sharp, now it is second nature. Not sure if you are aware, but always rinse the knife right away if you cut acidic foods.

Love rack of lamb and use fresh rosemary, garlic and olive oil.
This is my favorite knife
598.jpg

Fits my hand like a glove. It took me a while to learn how to keep it sharp, now it is second nature. Not sure if you are aware, but always rinse the knife right away if you cut acidic foods.

I wash it right away no matter what. I have OCD, and take care of my "toys". It was like I was meant to buy the knife. I saw a good knife for about $43.00, and it had a coupon. It was a bit much, but I still was going to buy it, till a boo boo, removed it from my cart, and voided the coupon. I gave up, but went back several days later. It dropped to $29.99, their was a coupon, and my points had just shown up as cash on Amazon. I got it way cheaper than if I would have bought it the first time, and it's a great knife, with a nice case. It's no fancy Japanese gyuto, that goes for several hundred dollars, but it's great for slicing meats.

How do you keep it sharp, and sharpen if it dulls?

Back