Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Dang good! Nice crunchy top. Maybe not as cheesy as I expected.

I will experiment with different cheeses. Probably remove the cheddar and see what other I might use. Any suggestions?

I like to use Gruyere, Provolone and Havarti in something like that. They are good melting cheeses. Smoked Gouda and Mozzarella are good on their own, perhaps you could give the non smoked variety a try.

Dang good! Nice crunchy top. Maybe not as cheesy as I expected.

I will experiment with different cheeses. Probably remove the cheddar and see what other I might use. Any suggestions?

Adding a creamy cheese like ricotta can help. If you remove cheddar, you can try a nice farmers cheese, or colby jack.

Adding a creamy cheese like ricotta can help. If you remove cheddar, you can try a nice farmers cheese, or colby jack.

Speaking of Ricotta. Half Ricotta, half cream cheese, a few tablespoons of milk, honey to taste. Mix up in the blender, then fold in canned sour cherries, or whatever fruit you have on hand. I can make a meal out of that.

There is a program called Living Cookbook that we use to organize our recipes. Pretty simple, but it seems to do the trick. I'm trying to (gradually) get all of the family recipes in this and then "publish" it. That's the term they use in the cookbook to organize and print, even with an index. The family cookbook was originally done in 1991 by my wife, but we've added a lot of favorites to it.

This program can export, import, add photos, note, dates, etc. to any recipe. And so on.

Does anyone use another recipe organizer like this?

Here's a recipe for starting a beautiful day. The stars were so loud they woke me up at 5am. Even though it's -4F out, I dragged the camera and tripod out to the deck anyways. It was worth it.

iT1TCo0.jpg

Recipe:
One huge dark sky
One huge lake
No clouds
A dash of insomnia

Add ingredients to camera and click.

There is a program called Living Cookbook that we use to organize our recipes. Pretty simple, but it seems to do the trick. I'm trying to (gradually) get all of the family recipes in this and then "publish" it. That's the term they use in the cookbook to organize and print, even with an index. The family cookbook was originally done in 1991 by my wife, but we've added a lot of favorites to it.

This program can export, import, add photos, note, dates, etc. to any recipe. And so on.

Does anyone use another recipe organizer like this?

I have never heard of this.... how cool! So this is a program that you d/l and have on your computer, or is it cloud-based?

Very cool pic, OW. We loved to sit out at night watching the stars when we lived in a more rural area. Looking up into the sky, listening to the sounds of the night, is a great experience.

I have never heard of this.... how cool! So this is a program that you d/l and have on your computer, or is it cloud-based?

It is on my computer. Now that you mention it, I should look for one on the cloud. I can export in text, but it loses formatting. If one has the program, they can’t import snd export.

It is on my computer. Now that you mention it, I should look for one on the cloud. I can export in text, but it loses formatting. If one has the program, they can’t import snd export.

If you do, please tell us more about it.
For now, I bookmark recipes, and if we like one, I print it out and add it to my collection.

Here's a recipe for starting a beautiful day. The stars were so loud they woke me up at 5am. Even though it's -4F out, I dragged the camera and tripod out to the deck anyways. It was worth it.

iT1TCo0.jpg

Recipe:
One huge dark sky
One huge lake
No clouds
A dash of insomnia

Add ingredients to camera and click.

Not my photo, but close to home.

B9C21C87-1695-4570-AB7A-36B77CA21F43.jpg

Very cool pic, OW. We loved to sit out at night watching the stars when we lived in a more rural area. Looking up into the sky, listening to the sounds of the night, is a great experience.

Thanks! Isn't it lovely to enjoy a dark night, especially in the summer?

The neighbors told me a while ago that their neighbors on the other side of them got a photo of a mountain lion on their game cam. Wow! We've heard the wolves around; they come down out of the mountains to follow the deer this time of year. Guess Mr. Cougar did the same. I'm glad he wasn't hungry for owls this morning when I was out there. lol

Back