Jade's Recipe Exchange.

We aren't having prime rib tomorrow since we had it for Yule/Solstice. This is the recipe I used the last time. It sounds horribly sodium-filled but in reality it's not. Just perfectly seasoned, tender, and juicy. Enjoy! What, if anything, special are you serving tonight or tomorrow?

Salt Encrusted Prime Rib Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing YIELD:10 servings
Ingredients
• 1 box (3 pounds) kosher salt (about 6 cups), divided
• 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
• 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1/2 cup water
Directions
• 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Line a shallow roasting pan with heavy-duty foil. Place 3 cups salt on foil, spreading evenly to form a 1/2-in. layer.
• 2. Brush roast with Worcestershire sauce; sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder. Place roast on layer of salt, fat side up. In a small bowl, mix water and remaining salt (mixture should be just moist enough to pack). Beginning at the base of the roast, press salt mixture onto the sides and top of roast.
• 3. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 325°. Roast 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reaches 130° for medium-rare; 145° for medium. (Temperature of roast will continue to rise about 15° upon standing.) Let stand 20 minutes.
• 4. Remove and discard salt crust; brush away any remaining salt. Carve roast into slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts
5 ounces cooked beef: 325 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 900mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.

Is Toxic cum-ing to dinner?

We're having beef rouladen tonight with basmati rice and green beans. Salmon tomorrow because once again it's GetHealthyForTheNewYear time.

You should try a orange/dried cranberry shortbread cookie. Flavor comes from the orange zest and the cranberries macerated in orange juice. Wonderful.

I think I've seen a recipe for something like that. They were rolled thin, and cut in something like a firework, or snowflake shape.

From our home to yours, hope your New Year brings you health, happiness, and all that is good!

LQBYGXB.jpg

Butterscotch is one of my favorite flavors in some desserts. My Mom always made scotch krispies for the holidays.

The wife loves butterscotch. Also loves coconut, which I can’t stand. The processed coconut, of course. It seems that fresh coconut is tolerable.

The wife loves butterscotch. Also loves coconut, which I can’t stand. The processed coconut, of course. It seems that fresh coconut is tolerable.

I can never stand the texture of coconut, but the flavors good as a part of something. I use coconut oil as a choice fat, when not using too much heat. That, and I like to use walnut oil.

You should see my Chili recipe if you like good, and spicy food. I posted it before, but it's buried a ways back. It's not perfected, as I'd rather use fresh grown peppers of my choice, rather than just whatever I can find around.

My Inferno chili (No Holds Barred Trial Edition) This is for a large batch, I leave math up to others that want it cut in half, or more. If any takers exist.

About a pound of ground chuck, with a half a pound of ground sirloin. (Mix with plenty of sriracha seasoning, and about half a bottle of green Tabasco, or other green sauce. Let sit for a few hours in a large plastic bag, in the fridge.)
1 package of ground hot chorizo.
1 2.5 oz hot Mexican style chili powder
2 TBSP regular chili powder
1 & 1/3 TBSP scotch bonnet powder (Revised from 1 TBSP)
1 4.0 gram vile of 7 pot brain strain powder
7 jalapenos diced
1 1/2 pint of habaneros diced
2 cipollini onions peeled, and diced
10 dried Thai peppers, 1 dried ghost pepper, 2 dried Trinidad scorpion peppers (grind in mortar, and pestle with little bit of water)
2 10 oz cans, Rotel Diced tomatoes, with habaneros
1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes
2 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (no salt added)
1 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes (Mexican style)
10-15 grinds of Szechuan peppercorn
1 TBSP smoked paprika
1 TBSP dried lemon peel
1 TBSP dried Marjoram
1 TBSP crushed red pepper
1 TSP ground cumin
2 TBSP Turbinado sugar (Revised from 1 & 1/3 TBSP total.)
Small palm full of Smoked sea salt (I used smoked serrano for more heat)
1 46 fl oz can Tomato juice
1 average size bottle dark ale

I'll probably give it a try.

I can never stand the texture of coconut, but the flavors good as a part of something. I use coconut oil as a choice fat, when not using too much heat. That, and I like to use walnut oil.

I have a wide selection of oils. A good sunflower oil is my go to, Coconut oil is great for a variety of dishes, for some, it is a bit too flavor forward.

I'll probably give it a try.

It's a real belly burner, but the chilihead neighbors loved it. Said it had good flavor as well. It carries a mighty wrath though, for those that consume too much.

I get good powder from this guy, and he normally throws in a free ghost pepper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carolina-R...var=451369877184&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I also use this, and I think they sell it at Walmart. http://www.jcskitchen.com/p-10614-JCS-Scotch-Bonnet-Pepper-Powder

I'll be trying to perfect the recipe with fresh grown peppers this year. I'm growing brown 7 pods, and Aji cito chili's.

Back