Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I haven't, but coincidentally, my wife and I were discussing the purchase of one just last night. They sound great and very useful for a wide variety of foods.

They sound like they'd be really great for people who work; come home and put something in it, turn it on, have a glass of wine and catch up on the day.... and there's supper.

In other news, the ice on Lake Superior has been growing quickly with the latest days and nights of below-normal (and below-zero) temps..... lake effect snow clouds against the horizon at sunset this evening:

lQIIOst.jpg

A few recipes I'm planning for a cheat day. The first one is because I bought some very nice saffron. The good stuff too. Not cheap.

https://www.playinwithmyfood.com/ho...gn=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly

As for instant rise yeast in the recipe. Screw that. Bread is supposed to take time, so use regular bread yeast, and let your dough rise, and proof.

The second thing is just because it sounds good. Would make a neat birthday breakfast.

https://happyfoodhealthylife.com/bi...gn=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly

I did baby back ribs in ours in a bit over half an hour.

Never used one, OW, but may invest in one after hearing what's been said about them here.

I do my ribs in the oven...and I do not like them falling off the bone. Here is a typical rib meal at our house:

100_2158.jpg

100_2159 - Copy.jpg

100_2160.jpg

NOT SURE IF I HAVE TO MENTION THIS EACH TIME...BUT TAP THE PICTURE AND GET A LARGER VERSION.

Never used one, OW, but may invest in one after hearing what's been said about them here.

I do my ribs in the oven...and I do not like them falling off the bone. Here is a typical rib meal at our house:

Looks good! The pics are kind of small plus the sun this time of year blasts through the window in the morning and shines on the monitor..... is that a rub? Sauce? Home made?

Looks good! The pics are kind of small plus the sun this time of year blasts through the window in the morning and shines on the monitor..... is that a rub? Sauce? Home made?

Right click on each picture, OW...and you get a much larger picture.

I use sauce...regular BBQ sauce doctored with brown sugar, hot sauce, and a spoonful of Duck sauce.

View attachment 5928

View attachment 5929

View attachment 5930

NOT SURE IF I HAVE TO MENTION THIS EACH TIME...BUT TAP THE PICTURE AND GET A LARGER VERSION.

I use what they call the 3-2-1 method for my rubs. Consistent and excellent every time.

Smoke them with a dry rub and a source of moisture for 3 hours.
Wrap them in foil with some brown sugar or honey and a bit of wet rub or apple juice and cook 2 hours
Remove foil, slather with the wet sauce and finish fir 1 hour.

I use what they call the 3-2-1 method for my rubs. Consistent and excellent every time.

Smoke them with a dry rub and a source of moisture for 3 hours.
Wrap them in foil with some brown sugar or honey and a bit of wet rub or apple juice and cook 2 hours
Remove foil, slather with the wet sauce and finish fir 1 hour.

3-2-1 is for amateurs listening to people who like mushy ribs.

Ribs don't need all that. rub em then smoke em for 3.5 at 275, sauce last half hour if desired.

The only thing I wrap, is butts when I am short on time and turbo it, and brisket which gets the butcher paper treatment.

3-2-1 is for amateurs listening to people who like mushy ribs.

Ribs don't need all that. rub em then smoke em for 3.5 at 275, sauce last half hour if desired.

The only thing I wrap, is butts when I am short on time and turbo it, and brisket which gets the butcher paper treatment.

Tender and falling off the bone. 275 doesn’t give them enuf smoke.

Back