Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Anyone have any recipes of things, that you can make in abundance, that will freeze, and reheat well?
Here’s my braised pork recipe. Freezes very well.

Place bone in Boston Butt in a Dutch Oven. Add I large can diced tomatoes, 1 cup each of diced onion, carrots and celery, 1cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup mustard, 1 tsp cracked red pepper, 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce and a dribble of liquid smoke and some S&P and some sage. Cover and toss in oven at 250 deg f four four to six hours or until fall apart tender. Remove from oven, take out the bone, shred meat and place back in oven uncovered till sauce reduces to desired consistency.

I usually make sandwiches with it but is also good on mashed potatoes or rice.

if God intended us to eat healthy he wouldn’t have invented heart disease...or the French.

Laugh, laugh, laugh.

Reminds me of an argument I have with my sister quite often.

She is very much into French cuisine; I decidedly am not.

I often mention to her that one does not have to be a master chef to make things taste great...if the major ingredients are most often lots of butter and heavy cream. A homeless derelict can pull that off with the only other ingredient being a stale bagel.

She really doesn't like when I do that.

Laugh, laugh, laugh.

Reminds me of an argument I have with my sister quite often.

She is very much into French cuisine; I decidedly am not.

I often mention to her that one does not have to be a master chef to make things taste great...if the major ingredients are most often lots of butter and heavy cream. A homeless derelict can pull that off with the only other ingredient being a stale bagel.

She really doesn't like when I do that.
I actually tend to your sisters side of the argument. Though used aplenty in French cuisine there is far more to French cooking that butter and cream. I think French cuisine is the greatest cuisine in the world and most difficult to prepare right. It's bloody damned good too. Having said that...heart healthy it is not! LOL

If it is Top your welcome to report it, since it is violating the rules. I don't feel good enough to care right now. As long as it's kept to food, I don't really mind. Back to trying to rest for me.

Why do people here think posters are someone else constantly? It's fucking odd.

Who is staff here and what sock tracking systems do they have. I can help if needed. These insane assholes following me around calling me several different users is really odd.

Anyone have any recipes of things, that you can make in abundance, that will freeze, and reheat well?

Green Chili stew
•3 tablespoons vegetable oil
•1.5 pounds pork butt, cut in 1-inch cubes
•1.5 cups diced onion
•1 tablespoon minced garlic
•1 pound red or white potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
•2-3 teaspoons salt, to taste
•3 cups roasted, peeled, chopped green chiles
•3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
•2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, or to taste

1. Heat the oil in a 6-quart pot over high heat and brown the meat in batches. Set aside.
2. In the same oil, sauté the onions until golden. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Return the meat to the pan along with any juices that have accumulated.
3. Add the broth, potatoes and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour, until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the green chiles and bell for the next pepper, and cook 15-20 minutes more. Add the cilantro, stir and serve.
You can substitute beef sirloin and beef broth for the porku and chicken broth. But that would be wrong. Ditto using canned green chile. If you didn’t score some freshly roasted New Mexican chile this fall, buy some poblanos and Anaheims from the local grocery, blacken them on the grill or under the broiler, put them in a Ziploc bag and chuck them into thej freezer for 15 minutes. Remove, peel, seed and chop. A 50-50 mix of poblanos and Anaheims should work nicely.

Here’s my favorite Brussel Sprouts recipe. Brussel Sprouts can be tricky and nothing is nastier than mushy Brussel Sprouts. This may not be the best recipe but it’s easy and is delicious.

Split Brussel Sprouts in half and place cut side down on a cookie sheet covered with olive oil. Roast at 400deg f for 20 minutes or until cut side starts to carmalize. Pull cookie sheet and sprinkle Parm over them. Not the Kraft crap (though that will work in a pinch) but real Parm. Then pop back in the oven for 5 minutes than serve. You should not need to season them as there is plenty of salt in the Parm.

Swap the cookie sheet with a heated cast iron pan. add salt and pepper.

Place bone in Boston Butt in a Dutch Oven. Add I large can diced tomatoes, 1 cup each of diced onion, carrots and celery, 1cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup mustard, 1 tsp cracked red pepper, 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce and a dribble of liquid smoke and some S&P and some sage. Cover and toss in oven at 250 deg f four four to six hours or until fall apart tender. Remove from oven, take out the bone, shred meat and place back in oven uncovered till sauce reduces to desired consistency.

Got a 7 pounder last night.

TURKISH DELIGHT (Not the desert one!)

Package of Filo Dough thawed. (Most packages have two coils of dough…use just one. Keep the other frozen.)

Heat oven to 350 – 375.

Small Eggplant (diced, salted, and sweated.
One large potato…sliced, cubed, chunked, or coarsely grated…lightly sautéed in olive oil.
Large leek…chopped and thoroughly washed.
One pound chopped meat…browned and drained.
One large mushroom finely diced and sautéed.
¾ cup Jarlsberg or Swiss Cheese course grated.
Optional: garlic clove diced and added to the eggplant while sautéing.

Salt, black pepper or cayenne pepper to taste. (Best to season each element while browning or sautéing.

Dampening mixture: Cup and a half of milk, half cup olive oil, one beaten egg, beaten together.

Sauté the eggplant ‘til edges brown; sauté the potato; sauté the mushrooms…you can do these in separate frying pans or one. If in one, potatoes first, add eggplant then add mushrooms. In a large fry pan (I use a wok) brown the meat…and drain.**
Integrate everything except the cheese (into the wok) and just let simmer for one minute. Add a spoonful of water to aid in the integration if necessary. Remove from heat and add the cheese. Mix thoroughly.

Butter an 8 x 8 glass oven container thoroughly…and then start putting about a half of the filo dough along the bottom and around the sides. Take each fine layer of dough and wad it, not tightly, but loosely. Takes a bit of doing, but you end up building up a nest of sorts. Spoon a few spoonfuls of the Dampening mixture over the bottom wads.

Dump the integrated mixture into the nest…and then top that with the remaining dough sheets…using the same wadding method.

Pour the remaining Dampening mixture over the top, being sure to get some mixture over all the dough…and jab a sharp knife or fork so as to allow the mixture to get through.

Chuck into the oven for 30 minutes…until top is brown.

I like to serve it topped with some white sauce. (You can get that recipe from the Internet)

100_2421.jpg Left click for larger picture

Max deliciouso...and spectacular as left-overs.

Why do people here think posters are someone else constantly? It's fucking odd.

Who is staff here and what sock tracking systems do they have. I can help if needed. These insane assholes following me around calling me several different users is really odd.

Because they don't crack down, and some people have anywhere from 2 - a legion of sock accounts. A few posters have created socks to enter a discussion they are banned from, and that's something that can get you banned here. I heard you were Top, but it was confirmed someone knew you from Debatepolitics instead.

Top has been obsessed with my discussions, because she is banned from them, and has personal drama with me, and a few of my friends. She talks a lot about pitbulls, and she tries to claim she's a Christian. The way she is that would be a screen name she would have used, because it would be abrasive in those manners. Sorry for the mix ups.

Because they don't crack down, and some people have anywhere from 2 - a legion of sock accounts. A few posters have created socks to enter a discussion they are banned from, and that's something that can get you banned here. I heard you were Top, but it was confirmed someone knew you from Debatepolitics instead.

Top has been obsessed with my discussions, because she is banned from them, and has personal drama with me, and a few of my friends. She talks a lot about pitbulls, and she tries to claim she's a Christian. The way she is that would be a screen name she would have used, because it would be abrasive in those manners. Sorry for the mix ups.

no worries, it's all good. thus far, I'm liking the format here other than the silly sock thing. lol

I'm making two more homemade extracts. I already have a ceylon cinnamon, dragonfruit, rooibos coconut chai, butterfly pea, lavender, cocoa nib, and my super hot chili pepper. I have ordered supplies to make two more. A Rose extract, and an extract of what is known as camu camu fruit. Should be interesting.

I was looking for an inexpensive apple to dehydrate. I came across one that I had not heard of before. A “Nikita”. Excellent apple. Crisp and a little tart. HUGE!

Looks like the Russians are now infiltrating our “Motherhood and Apple Pie” as well.

I was looking for an inexpensive apple to dehydrate. I came across one that I had not heard of before. A “Nikita”. Excellent apple. Crisp and a little tart. HUGE!

Looks like the Russians are now infiltrating our “Motherhood and Apple Pie” as well.

LOL!

BTW thanks for that pork butt recipe. There's a sweet and sexy guy around here that will just love that.

LOL!

BTW thanks for that pork butt recipe. There's a sweet and sexy guy around here that will just love that.

I think that was Mott’s. But I got one and am debating whether to do it on the smoker for 8-10 hours tomorrow or in the Dutch Oven.

I did smoke some lovely pork chops tonight, however. Finished them with a great Apricot BBQ sauce. ��

I think that was Mott’s. But I got one and am debating whether to do it on the smoker for 8-10 hours tomorrow or in the Dutch Oven.
I did smoke some lovely pork chops tonight, however. Finished them with a great Apricot BBQ sauce. ��

Sweet. That's one of the few things I don't like about our long winters -- having the grill and the smoker in dry dock. We are supposed to have sort of a warm up though soon (30s to low 40s), so am going to get a whole chicken to smoke next week. If they're not lying, that is. lol

Wow, you really do have a thing for Grind. Don't make Watermark jealous, and spoil everything!

Wow, you really do have a thing for Grind. Don't make Watermark jealous, and spoil everything!

A little bit of a teasing joke isn't a problem, just don't exacerbate it into fights, and bickering like Yurt, and others have. Do you have any special recipes, or specialties from your home state? I'll be visiting Washington in the summer myself.

A little bit of a teasing joke isn't a problem, just don't exacerbate it into fights, and bickering like Yurt, and others have. Do you have any special recipes, or specialties from your home state? I'll be visiting Washington in the summer myself.

I'm not inclined toward the culinary arts. The best I can recommend is that if you visit any fine establishments and are in the company of a woman, they tend to enjoy the Washington Red Apple shot and drink.

Back