Jade's Recipe Exchange.

It helps you keep from getting sick if you take high doses of Vitamin C. They actually sell this:

51qD8EErKuL.jpg

I plan on using it on our trip since we got sick in Arizona last time, and had to race home.

Eat a Orange!

Yeah, that stuff is just hype. Here's an article on how much we need, which varies slightly by age and whether you are a smoker.

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminC-Consumer/

It's not just the vitamin c, but I did notice something important. (In people with a condition called hemochromatosis, which causes the body to store too much iron, high doses of vitamin C could worsen iron overload and damage body tissues.) I need to get checked for that. My brother was diagnosed with the hereditary version, and I found out the kidney stone wasn't what's causing my messed up abdominal pain. Not only is it on the opposite side, but it's in there such a way that it shouldn't cause that kind of pain.

It's not just the vitamin c, but I did notice something important. (In people with a condition called hemochromatosis, which causes the body to store too much iron, high doses of vitamin C could worsen iron overload and damage body tissues.) I need to get checked for that. My brother was diagnosed with the hereditary version, and I found out the kidney stone wasn't what's causing my messed up abdominal pain. Not only is it on the opposite side, but it's in there such a way that it shouldn't cause that kind of pain.

When they going to take out or nuke those stones?

When they going to take out or nuke those stones?

Some time this month, I forget when. I go in to get a damaged tooth removed, and then the day after is when they scheduled the lithotripsy. They're avoiding surgeries this time, as I just had it done on the kidney last March. I opted not to have a ureteroscopy, because despite being less invasive, it was more miserable than the full blown surgery.

Oh dear. Yes, pls. get that looked at right away. Our brother-in-law has that as well.

Speaking of old timey recipes, I had some of my mom's old spice cans from decades ago. Combined them with old recipes in a shadow box. Looks nice in the kitchen.

ohx5A6q.jpg

I think they should do fine. For preservation, you need to dry them, or pickle them. If you need a place to find good pepper seeds, a couple of good places are on Ebay.

These are the seeds I purchased, and they sell plenty of variety with free shippping on their ebay pages: https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-7-Pot-P...667263?hash=item5b415d72ff:g:x3MAAOSw3KFWdO7I

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-AJI-CIT...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I recommend you buy the hubby some Congo black peppers. They are basically a habanero, and they're types I tried, and got good seedlings from. Didn't have enough warmth, but I still ended up with a few peppers growing them outside.

Well look at that, I found a place in Michigan selling the seed.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...eppers.TRS0&_nkw=Congo+black+peppers&_sacat=0

Great thread.

Great thread.

You a chili pepper fan? Did you see my trial edition of my Inferno chili? https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?88305-Jade-s-Recipe-Exchange/page25

I'm perfecting it by growing those peppers in a hydroponic garden. I didn't get as many going as I hoped, but have two lovely brown 7 pods, and one Aji cito growing. They are starting to get larger now, and one's around 7 inches tall now. Feel free to look under my screen name for started discussions. I have several that keep out riff raff, that are of various subjects.

You should see my Chili recipe if you like good, and spicy food. I posted it before, but it's buried a ways back. It's not perfected, as I'd rather use fresh grown peppers of my choice, rather than just whatever I can find around.

My Inferno chili (No Holds Barred Trial Edition) This is for a large batch, I leave math up to others that want it cut in half, or more. If any takers exist.

About a pound of ground chuck, with a half a pound of ground sirloin. (Mix with plenty of sriracha seasoning, and about half a bottle of green Tabasco, or other green sauce. Let sit for a few hours in a large plastic bag, in the fridge.)
1 package of ground hot chorizo.
1 2.5 oz hot Mexican style chili powder
2 TBSP regular chili powder
1 & 1/3 TBSP scotch bonnet powder (Revised from 1 TBSP)
1 4.0 gram vile of 7 pot brain strain powder
7 jalapenos diced
1 1/2 pint of habaneros diced
2 cipollini onions peeled, and diced
10 dried Thai peppers, 1 dried ghost pepper, 2 dried Trinidad scorpion peppers (grind in mortar, and pestle with little bit of water)
2 10 oz cans, Rotel Diced tomatoes, with habaneros
1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes
2 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (no salt added)
1 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes (Mexican style)
10-15 grinds of Szechuan peppercorn
1 TBSP smoked paprika
1 TBSP dried lemon peel
1 TBSP dried Marjoram
1 TBSP crushed red pepper
1 TSP ground cumin
2 TBSP Turbinado sugar (Revised from 1 & 1/3 TBSP total.)
Small palm full of Smoked sea salt (I used smoked serrano for more heat)
1 46 fl oz can Tomato juice
1 average size bottle dark ale

I like spicy, but OMG.

Back