Jade's Recipe Exchange.

No real recipe.

Dehydrating a bunch of sweet potatoes for my dogs. A great treat, high in fiber, minerals and beta-carotene. Low in fat. When really dry, they are crunchy and act as a good dentifrice. The dogs love them and they are dirt cheap and better than most store treats.

Good thing I have hot tea brewing and a pot of clam chowder simmering! The blizzard raged for 13+ hours yesterday. The snow fell sideways. We wondered where it was going. Found it!!

Hh1yCr9.jpg

No real recipe.

Dehydrating a bunch of sweet potatoes for my dogs. A great treat, high in fiber, minerals and beta-carotene. Low in fat. When really dry, they are crunchy and act as a good dentifrice. The dogs love them and they are dirt cheap and better than most store treats.

THAT is very clever...........

Happy Owl Delight

Ingredients:

1 clear day in the 40s
2 good experiences at class and with hospice guy
Active geomagnetic field
One plasma shockwave that hits right at astronomical twilight
Crystal clear night skies
Rebel Canon EOS with 14-28mm wide angle lens
195 photographs of the aurora
Waking up to find one of the photos on front page of Spaceweather(dot)com

Combine and mix well. Makes one completely happy Owl. :~)

xMB6OR4.jpg

I made some really good chuck roast. I used a bottle of dark ale, a full cup of tomato juice, and I filled the rest with a little water. I of course seared of my meat with the usual salt, and dried rosemary. And I added a few additions to the pot. A good half an onion chopped, 1 1/2 morita chili's chopped, seeds, and all, 2 packets unsalted beef bouillon, a dash of garlic powder, a little salt, and pepper, and a few handfuls of adzuki beans. I lidded up, and cooked it at 235 degrees for about 7 hours. Nice, and tender, with slight heat, and nice beefy flavor.

Tonight, I’ll butterfly some boneless, skinless chicken breats and stuff them. Not sure yet, but leaning toward feta + cream cheese + green ounions + garlic + cooked bacon. I’ll tie them up and give them a nice citrus rub.

I’m leaning on smoking them with apple wood for a bit, but may end up baking them.

Served with a side of rice and sauteed asparagus.

Trying to perfect a snack cracker for my 4 year old grandson. He's on the autism spectrum and getting him to eat proper foods is a real chore. Especially protein. It's all about texture. I'm just about there.

Water
Olive oil (next time I'll try coconut oil)
agave nectar for sweetness
Pureed yams
Flax seed
whole wheat flour

Roll them out SUPER thin and bake for about 10 minutes at 425.

Trying to perfect a snack cracker for my 4 year old grandson. He's on the autism spectrum and getting him to eat proper foods is a real chore. Especially protein. It's all about texture. I'm just about there.

Water
Olive oil (next time I'll try coconut oil)
agave nectar for sweetness
Pureed yams
Flax seed
whole wheat flour

Roll them out SUPER thin and bake for about 10 minutes at 425.

I have some of those textural difficulties myself. Big no to processed coconut, peach skin, or iffy textured meats, like liver, kidney. Fresh coconut is okay though.

I have some of those textural difficulties myself. Big no to processed coconut, peach skin, or iffy textured meats, like liver, kidney. Fresh coconut is okay though.

Same with me on the coconut. The processed stuff is just AWFUL. Must be genetic. My dad hated it, I think it's disgusting and so does my son. The oil and fresh coconut is fine.

No liver, no kidney, either. Funny, I don't care much for peaches because of the skin, too. Fuzziness, I guess.

Same with me on the coconut. The processed stuff is just AWFUL. Must be genetic. My dad hated it, I think it's disgusting and so does my son. The oil and fresh coconut is fine.

No liver, no kidney, either. Funny, I don't care much for peaches because of the skin, too. Fuzziness, I guess.

Same here regarding fuzzy peaches. I prefer nectarines.

I put together a coffee rub for a whole chicken. I put together a few recipes, didn't like them, and just went freestyle. I had about three tsp Peruvian, medium roast, ground coffee, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ancho powder, 1/4 tsp Irish cream hot cocoa mix, and 6 grinds black pepper. With coffee rubs simple is the way to go. Just a little to hit each note. Well besides sour, since coffee, and sour doesn't go great very often.

07FDC71D-985E-493D-AB8A-5C97E3700D0A.jpg

Early Mother’s Day dinner for the wifey.

Butterflied pork loins stuffed with bacon and smoked gouda. Rubbed with Dijon then seasoned with Traeger pork rub. Tied and rubbed and seasoned again. On the smoker and will finish with Traeger Apricot sauce.

Back