Jade's Recipe Exchange.

This place.

2764659744_29ddf3e8f3_m.jpg

58d05a82c60a8.image.jpg

Last edited:
For roasting Brussels sprouts are my absolute favorite, followed by winter squash, asparagus, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, turnips.
I like mostly all vegetables no matter how they're fixed but I'm not fond of radishes.

You'll have to instruct me about Brussels Sprouts; I've only roasted them once, and they were bitter.

Turnips, squash, onions, yams, potatoes, garlic, carrots -- olive oil, kosher salt, fresh rosemary. Oh yeah.

Oh lordy, yes! I buy whole chickens on sale. Husband doesn't care for regular baked chicken. So I'll put one in the smoker for an hour, then finish roasting it in the oven. I don't brine them ahead of time due to the sodium, but they still turn out juicy and a lot of good smoke flavor. Salmon is great smoked then finished in the oven as well. Oh, and chicken wings!

After the meat is removed, I toss the chicken bones and skin and fat into a large stock pot, fill with water, toss in a few tired veggies, and simmer it for several hours. Decant the broth into quart canning jars and freeze. Makes a lovely smoky chicken broth that's awesome in clam chowder, for cooking noodles and potatoes, or anything else where a flavored broth would be good. The bones go outside to the Raven Station for our winged friends.

The Traegers are pricy.... but worth it?

I sure am enjoying mine. In my neck of the woods, less pricey units are Green Mountain Grills. Similar smoker, but less expensive. One can also get a WiFi version so that you can monitor and set your temperature from your smart phone. Camp Chef is another brand. So is Pit Boss. I think they are all a little less rugged than the Traeger and have a couple fewer options.

My Traeger comes with two temperature probes to insert in the meat. Kinda handy, but one can get similar probes that work external to the smoker.

For roasting Brussels sprouts are my absolute favorite, followed by winter squash, asparagus, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, turnips.

I like mostly all vegetables no matter how they're fixed but I'm not fond of radishes.
I love raw radishes, they are great for heartburn.

Back