Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Smart. I think if you enjoy raw foods it's better to buy whole ones (like whole peppers, a bunch of romaine, etc.) and wash it well then cut it up yourself.

I lost a good friend last year. She was only 50 years old. She had gotten some Amish sausage from a local Amish place and got food poisoning from it. She was deathly sick for two weeks, then she had a stroke. She developed septicemia and passed away. All from "home-cured" food.

Wow, sorry to hear that...... Hopefully the entire town was not made sick/deaths..

That is why I am totally against the state allowing that... There is a movement to allow ppl to sell up to $50,000 per year of certain things but reg enforcement?? Who knows.. During the holidays there are always ppl getting sick but it is difficult to prove & do you wanna sue your BF grandma for poisoning your family??

When I was in the military we use to call them roach coach but now days ppl flock to them..

Out in the middle of nowhere you see them parked on the side of the road (sometimes just a card table & umbrella, cooked foods like tamales w/ a towel over them) & there isn't a restroom in 20 miles.....

Grits are good but they must have salt, and really good with cheese melted in them. You Yankee, you. lol

Yes, you gotta have salt in the water & then some more when you serve w/ black pepper as well.... Prop the only thing I still eat w/ salt & pepper....l

We use to have grits w/ hot links.. Which are prob not very good for you but they were tasty in the AM..

Wow, sorry to hear that...... Hopefully the entire town was not made sick/deaths..

That is why I am totally against the state allowing that... There is a movement to allow ppl to sell up to $50,000 per year of certain things but reg enforcement?? Who knows.. During the holidays there are always ppl getting sick but it is difficult to prove & do you wanna sue your BF grandma for poisoning your family??

When I was in the military we use to call them roach coach but now days ppl flock to them..

Out in the middle of nowhere you see them parked on the side of the road (sometimes just a card table & umbrella, cooked foods like tamales w/ a towel over them) & there isn't a restroom in 20 miles.....

There's a guy in town who sells hotdogs like that. Don't know if they have to have a license and inspections, but probably so.

Isn't the raw foods/raw milk thing strange? Why would you want to risk getting sick? "Oh, but it's natural!" Well, having a life expectancy of 40-something, and dying from septicemia from an infected cut, or from tetanus or rabies was natural too. No thanks.

Back