Jade's Recipe Exchange.

"Yankees in Tara"!

Nice GWTW reference! I never saw the movie. Read the book (more than once) as a young 'un. Fell in love with Scarlett O'Hara. Re-read the book a few years ago, through the eyes of an adult who was "woke" as the Reichtards like to mock about. The racism shit was pretty awful. But overall, the novel still stands as a piece of literature depicting a time in U.S. history that was lovely and horrid both.

And I still love Scarlett. "I'll think about it tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day, fiddle-dee-dee." My life's mantra when shit goes wrong.

Nice GWTW reference! I never saw the movie. Read the book (more than once) as a young 'un. Fell in love with Scarlett O'Hara. Re-read the book a few years ago, through the eyes of an adult who was "woke" as the Reichtards like to mock about. The racism shit was pretty awful. But overall, the novel still stands as a piece of literature depicting a time in U.S. history that was lovely and horrid both.

And I still love Scarlett. "I'll think about it tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day, fiddle-dee-dee." My life's mantra when shit goes wrong.

You didn't see the movie?

Tastes like it too. At least the stuff I had. A friend made it for breakfast one time. Maybe it was the fact that it was after a night of staying up till 2am drinking Brandy Alexanders and giggling like school girls that made it less than palatable. lol

Yeah, doesn't sound like a good hangover cure. :D

I had pozole once but didn't look too closely at what was in it. I do recall some kind of chili peppers, though. It was pretty tasty.

Hominy is very easy to recognize-looks like a large piece of corn or if you have had "corn nuts" except not crunchy.. Hell, they are almost waxy like in texture...

1.jpg

Hominy is very easy to recognize-looks like a large piece of corn or if you have had "corn nuts" except not crunchy.. Hell, they are almost waxy like in texture...

1.jpg

I'd probably like it. There aren't many veggies I don't like.

I just found this recipe and it sounds good.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) golden hominy, rinsed and drained
  • 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

• In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

I'd probably like it. There aren't many veggies I don't like.

I just found this recipe and it sounds good.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) golden hominy, rinsed and drained
  • 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

• In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

That actually sounds good. I'll try it. Prediction: Mr. Owl will refuse to even taste it. lol

Back