Jade's Recipe Exchange.

They might be in frozen food section in the grocery

Walmart has them in the freezer section. Got some for Mr. Owl when we first moved here because he was missing them, even though I don't recall him ever going to White Castle. He said "These aren't like I remember," and we ended up throwing half the package away.

Walmart has them in the freezer section. Got some for Mr. Owl when we first moved here because he was missing them, even though I don't recall him ever going to White Castle. He said "These aren't like I remember," and we ended up throwing half the package away.

I never saw the attraction.

"Krystal" is the White Castle of the South.

"Krystal" is the White Castle of the South.

I think I've seen those! Wondered what they were. Haven't spent much time in the south. Just a couple of trips to FL, 2003 & 2004. And a driving trip to Baton Rouge and NOLA in 2009. Touristy parts of FL are nothing like the parts where regular ppl live either. Is there a popular regional food in your part of the world?

I think I've seen those! Wondered what they were. Haven't spent much time in the south. Just a couple of trips to FL, 2003 & 2004. And a driving trip to Baton Rouge and NOLA in 2009. Touristy parts of FL are nothing like the parts where regular ppl live either. Is there a popular regional food in your part of the world?
Not any signature food specifically. Of course, Southern food, seafood, bbq, biscuits/gravy, etc.

Not any signature food specifically. Of course, Southern food, seafood, bbq, biscuits/gravy, etc.

And grits. lol Yeah, St. Louis was more southern than not. BBQ was big, along with burgers and steaks. We do miss the great BBQ and steak houses which don't seem to exist here. There are some but missing the "great" part. lol

For some reason whenever I think of "Florida cuisine" I always think of seafood/fish, served at beach restaurants. We sure did have some great seafood meals down there.

Did you make it yourself? It looks and seems like it would be really delicious. Esp. with a nice dense hunk of dark bread.

Hearty rye black bread, the nectar of the gods!
My culinary skills are fairly rudimentary. I am fortunate to have a friend from Crimea and she makes me delicious solyanka, among other slavic classics!

Hearty rye black bread, the nectar of the gods!
My culinary skills are fairly rudimentary. I am fortunate to have a friend from Crimea and she makes me delicious solyanka, among other slavic classics!

Oh, lucky you! I used to have a neighbor when I was growing up who was from Hungary. She used to make me sauerkraut soup all the time. I miss her terribly!

Oh, lucky you! I used to have a neighbor when I was growing up who was from Hungary. She used to make me sauerkraut soup all the time. I miss her terribly!

Sounds great!
I really like the foods of Eastern Europe and Germany. Sadly, it is not a culinary tradition universally admired

I have a friend from Colombia who refuses to go to my favorite German restaurant with me, because he thinks German food is going to be really boring!

I chalk it all up to the food chauvinism of people raised on Latin and Mediterranean cuisine. They can be real food Nazis!

Sounds great!
I really like the foods of Eastern Europe and Germany. Sadly, it is not a culinary tradition universally admired

I have a friend from Colombia who refuses to go to my favorite German restaurant with me, because he thinks German food is going to be really boring!

I chalk it all up to the food chauvinism of people raised on Latin and Mediterranean cuisine. They can be real food Nazis!

Thank you! Yes, I was surprised at how good Eastern European food is. We have a German restaurant here in town and it's delicious!

LOL! I wish people would be more adventurous food-wise. It's amazing how many different good things that are out there.

Sounds great!

Has your Colombian friend ever read "green eggs & ham" Sam I am??
Dr_Seuss_Green_Eggs_and_Ham.gif

I've always wondered what British cuisine is like. All I've ever heard of is fish and chips (acceptable), kidney pie (no f'ing way), bangers and mash (wtf is that?), spotted dick (keep that away from me!), and eels (blech). Anyone got any rebuttals?

I've always wondered what British cuisine is like. All I've ever heard of is fish and chips (acceptable), kidney pie (no f'ing way), bangers and mash (wtf is that?), spotted dick (keep that away from me!), and eels (blech). Anyone got any rebuttals?

I had bangers and Mash at an Irish pub. I think it was mashed potatoes and sausages. Hearty food. Pretty bloody good!

I like particularly like Shepard Pie and cornish pasties. Obviously Scottish and Cornish, but still in keeping with the British theme. I tried Haggas. But I am sure there is an entire universe of British foods I have not tried, and I am willing to take the plunge!

Back