Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I understand,but you don't want to add sugar problems,on Top of your other GI issues!

Doctors orders to eat bland foods. It's not like I'm eating a bunch of shitty carbs, I tend to have the better stuff. If I do end up with ulcerative colitis, they tell you to not eat those as much though, along with cruciferous veggies, spicy foods etc.

Doctors orders to eat bland foods. It's not like I'm eating a bunch of shitty carbs, I tend to have the better stuff. If I do end up with ulcerative colitis, they tell you to not eat those as much though, along with cruciferous veggies, spicy foods etc.

I was on a no roughage diet once for 6 weeks.
Lived on chicken breast,rice crispies,and mashed potatoes

I don't do too many soups. I'd have to spend a good portion of time just making them, since most canned soups are horrible with salt. I have made up some ramen though, by just seasoning the low sodium Swanson broth.

Barley can be done as a side dish as well, unhulled can be served cold, like cos cos & you don't have the sugar issues..

I can't remember if I have ever had that particular variety, but I hold Jewish food in high esteem!

Fried, kinda crispy on the outside, shot of something tangy on it or mustard a bit garlicy... Yum, not had one in a long time.....

I was just trying to say that I am human! And we all know how Humans tend to err!

I am actually a health Food fanatic- and not because I want to live forever!

I just happen to like all of the healthy choices we have. But, I am also a sucker for a Bar-B-Q beef brisket sandwich with some great long cut fries cooked in peanut oil! And I'm willing to shave off a few years of precious life if that is the case, because it is worth it to me..

How can you enjoy life if you don't feel good! And health foods make me feel good- and they taste good to me.

That's a great philosophy actually..... it's quality, not quantity! I've always felt lucky that in general I prefer healthy foods like veggies, fish, etc. and don't care much for sweets. Mr. Owl, on the other hand, is a meat and potatoes and desserts kind of guy. He has to work pretty hard to stay in shape. He does good though.

What's your favorite way to fix burgers up before grilling them, guys?

I am constantly changing, as I have had so many they are, well boring most of the time..

But I just did some on the George Forman... Mixed in lots of red onion, garlic & smothered in Chaka sauce
413B7WTFPJL.jpg
, a local fav & great guy.. Highly recommend it-won't burn on the grill as it is NOT BBQ sauce w/ the sugar etc which will burn.. My fav burger now is a lamb burger topped w/ heaping gob of melting blue cheese....

I am constantly changing, as I have had so many they are, well boring most of the time..

But I just did some on the George Forman... Mixed in lots of red onion, garlic & smothered in Chaka sauce
413B7WTFPJL.jpg
, a local fav & great guy.. Highly recommend it-won't burn on the grill as it is NOT BBQ sauce w/ the sugar etc which will burn.. My fav burger now is a lamb burger topped w/ heaping gob of melting blue cheese....

Are you mixing the sauce in with the ground meat first, or applying it as you cook?

Fried, kinda crispy on the outside, shot of something tangy on it or mustard a bit garlicy... Yum, not had one in a long time.....

Here is my take: We really need a Jewish deli around here. It is a real void in our culinary choices!

Are you mixing the sauce in with the ground meat first, or applying it as you cook?

Towards the end, not in the meat, the garlic & onions only in the meat..

I find when I add it to early or mix it is, it doesn't seem as good, perhaps the oils & moisture dilute it &/or push it to the surface of the meat & out...

A good shot about the last 30 secs or so, it(sauces etc) see to adhere better to the outer surface..

Here is my take: We really need a Jewish deli around here. It is a real void in our culinary choices!

There isn't one in my area either, I need to go about 10 miles or so..

They have some in the store although it's bland but here is one there, frozen that I tried that was decent pierogies & my daughters loved them..

Back