Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Does anyone use Instant Pot? I've heard people talking about them, do they work like a pressure cooker?

Yes, they do. We have one. I've made corned beef and cabbage and pot roast in them. If you're on Facebook, there are several large Instant Pot groups with great recipes and tips n tricks. And of course (shameless plug) Taste of Home's website has a lot of great recipes too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's noisy and scared the birds. They got used to it by and by though.

Does anyone use Instant Pot? I've heard people talking about them, do they work like a pressure cooker?

In just about every way but canning, or jarring. It doesn't get hot enough, or have enough pressure, to prevent Botulism toxicity in your home canned, or jarred foodstuffs.

Yes, they do. We have one. I've made corned beef and cabbage and pot roast in them. If you're on Facebook, there are several large Instant Pot groups with great recipes and tips n tricks. And of course (shameless plug) Taste of Home's website has a lot of great recipes too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's noisy and scared the birds. They got used to it by and by though.
I love Taste of Home -- they have awesome recipes. I've liked them for years, back when all they had were magazines in stores. I have a pressure cooker but no instant pot.

I love Taste of Home -- they have awesome recipes. I've liked them for years, back when all they had were magazines in stores. I have a pressure cooker but no instant pot.

I love them too! Esp. the part where most of the recipes don't require that you run out and buy an odd ingredient or seasoning that you'll never use again for anything else.

I found a kind of recipe that might be great for those that can't handle fat. Well, I don't know if it's any good. If you want your cake, but can't have that much fat, you obviously suffer elsewhere. Basically, it said you take a box cake mix and a can of soda. You follow the baking, and mixing, using just those two things. The flavor is important. Ginger ale and spice cake were ones that were mentioned.

I found a kind of recipe that might be great for those that can't handle fat. Well, I don't know if it's any good. If you want your cake, but can't have that much fat, you obviously suffer elsewhere. Basically, it said you take a box cake mix and a can of soda. You follow the baking, and mixing, using just those two things. The flavor is important. Ginger ale and spice cake were ones that were mentioned.
In the past, using applesauce in place of butter/oil with cake/brownie mixes was a way to lower fat, as well.

Back