Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I found an interesting tip.
c4560e14cb4fc6cf752a25359890c184.jpg

Yes. We can see sailboats, motor craft, an occasional CG buoy tender, and the big freighters too. Some freighters still visit the Upper Harbor in MQT. They come to pick up the taconite from the mines. But they come from the east and return that way, so they don't pass by our vantage point. Real-time map of shipping and other boat traffic, courtesy of boatnerd.com. We are roughly where the black dot is:

eH7QRrt.jpg

Beautiful, would love to visit the lakes one day.. I have never been there, & can't recall ever seeing them, even flying in/out of Chicago..

A lot of months except when it's mild, cool nights and mild days. I love the Spring. But like now, it's been in the low 80s and partly cloudy all week so the air runs and shuts off when it reaches the set temperature. When it's real hot, it's hard to get it that low so it runs continually.

If I lived there I would prob do the same..

Since this is a recipe thread, here is some advice to young parents -- why it is better to stay home and make home-cooked meals. My youngest g-daughter and dad. lol

BrYncrt.jpg

Going w/ younger kids is often chaotic but when they get older it's fine..

My grandkids are better than their parents were @ that age...lol

Going w/ younger kids is often chaotic but when they get older it's fine..

My grandkids are better than their parents were @ that age...lol

LMAO! I've noticed that kids in general seem a lot more well-behaved in restaurants now. Probably because they grew up being able to go out to eat more often than we did. The only time we went to a restaurant when I was growing up was on our birthdays, and that wasn't until I was in my teens. Ppl just didn't dine out much then. We didn't much either when mine were young. On the rare occasions that we did, though, they were mannerly and quiet. Or else. lol

I really love going out to eat with the grands, exc. for the part where the younger ones are not as much interested in eating and chatting as they are in looking around and playing with their ever-present electronic gizmos. Kind of a waste of $.

How many g-kids do you have, Bill?

LMAO! I've noticed that kids in general seem a lot more well-behaved in restaurants now. Probably because they grew up being able to go out to eat more often than we did. The only time we went to a restaurant when I was growing up was on our birthdays, and that wasn't until I was in my teens. Ppl just didn't dine out much then. We didn't much either when mine were young. On the rare occasions that we did, though, they were mannerly and quiet. Or else. lol

I really love going out to eat with the grands, exc. for the part where the younger ones are not as much interested in eating and chatting as they are in looking around and playing with their ever-present electronic gizmos. Kind of a waste of $.

How many g-kids do you have, Bill?

Mine did to much, every week starting when I was turning ten...

I just wanted to go play..lol So now I go, everyone else seems to like it, but it does not excite me as much as others...

Back