Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Meijer has everything, like a super Walmart only better quality. Clothing, shoes, hardware, pet supplies, garden/outdoor stuff, a deli, full service meat dept., etc. I really like the quality of their produce, seafood, and meats.

Sprouts sounds like a Whole Foods. Is it pricey?
Well, all the produce is organic but some things aren't bad. It's a cool place though.

Cool. I looked it up. I always thought it was just a grocery store but it seems to have a Costco sort of feel, just not as big. Costco is always a madhouse too.

Yeah, we used to have a membership to Costco back in STL but I canceled it in 2014. Too huge, too chaotic, unorganized, and you could never count on a product that you liked being available on your next trip. Plus with only two of us it didn't make any sense to buy mass quantities of something. I still have an aluminum foil box that I got in 2013! Mason's right; their produce is generally high quality, and so is their seafood and meat. We have saved a bundle at the pharmacy too.

I'm envious! We have a food co-op here with organic, locally-sourced, and non-GMO stuff but it's quite small and very pricey.
This store has a deli, bakery, a little dining area, all types of groceries, meats - all antibiotic free, produce, bins of nuts and snack mix, all organic. A section with vitamins, soaps, make-up and all that stuff all natural and organic.

Hey Jade, this recipe might work for you. Maybe use ground turkey (or shrimp) in place of the pork, and substitute brown rice for the rice noodles? Or leave noodles/rice out completely.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/egg-roll-noodle-bowl/

It would work when I'm not limiting fermentable sugars. Garlic and onions are on top of the avoid list. Pork is actually a good choice if it's not too fatty. We just roasted a pork shoulder in the oven. It has a great crackling to it.

It would work when I'm not limiting fermentable sugars. Garlic and onions are on top of the avoid list. Pork is actually a good choice if it's not too fatty. We just roasted a pork shoulder in the oven. It has a great crackling to it.

Can you use garlic and onion powder instead, and substitute some other veggie for the "bulk"?

Having a fun weekend so far! Made these for breakfast yesterday.... the boys scarfed 'em right up. Grilled salmon & veggies last night; biscuits n gravy for breakfast today!

bHoAgJi.jpg

( The blueberries are wild-caught. :~) )

Having a fun weekend so far! Made these for breakfast yesterday.... the boys scarfed 'em right up. Grilled salmon & veggies last night; biscuits n gravy for breakfast today!

bHoAgJi.jpg

( The blueberries are wild-caught. :~) )

I thought you said you didn't bake much. It's really not that hard if you have the motivations. Now making yummies on diet restrictions is a whole different matter. A good one is making cornbread using ripe mini bananas in place of the fat and an egg substitute. It's like a hybrid corn/banana bread. Half of it ends up being eaten fresh from the oven.

I thought you said you didn't bake much. It's really not that hard if you have the motivations. Now making yummies on diet restrictions is a whole different matter. A good one is making cornbread using ripe mini bananas in place of the fat and an egg substitute. It's like a hybrid corn/banana bread. Half of it ends up being eaten fresh from the oven.

I don't bake much so when I do it deserves a picture. lol

That banana cornbread sounds good -- recipe?

Back