Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Having a fun weekend so far! Made these for breakfast yesterday.... the boys scarfed 'em right up. Grilled salmon & veggies last night; biscuits n gravy for breakfast today!

bHoAgJi.jpg

( The blueberries are wild-caught. :~) )

Yum..:)

After you "catch them" how do you clean them??

There is a wild black berry as well as introduced European varieties which are awesome but usually covered in cobweb & bugs etc..

Yum..:)

After you "catch them" how do you clean them??

There is a wild black berry as well as introduced European varieties which are awesome but usually covered in cobweb & bugs etc..

I put them in a large colander and rinse them well, them spread them out on a clean towel to dry. They're typically not dusty/dirty/buggy at all. The shrooms I find are a little more work. Because our soil is so sandy, they need a lot of brushing with a soft toothbrush to get the grit off. If you don't go out and pick every other day or so during the height of shroom time, they also tend to get slugs and beetles on them.

I put them in a large colander and rinse them well, them spread them out on a clean towel to dry. They're typically not dusty/dirty/buggy at all. The shrooms I find are a little more work. Because our soil is so sandy, they need a lot of brushing with a soft toothbrush to get the grit off. If you don't go out and pick every other day or so during the height of shroom time, they also tend to get slugs and beetles on them.

thnx, blackberries tend to have more nooks & crannies.. I use a colander, still work.:) lol worth it though

I'm now on a Keno diet,which basically is as few of carbs as possible,from green vegetables,and no pop,bread,potato,corn ,any starches,cake,pie.
Not much fun,but it's keeping my sugar normal,and losing weight.

I'm now on a Keno diet,which basically is as few of carbs as possible,from green vegetables,and no pop,bread,potato,corn ,any starches,cake,pie.
Not much fun,but it's keeping my sugar normal,and losing weight.
Awesome! I do keto, or lazy keto rather. Let me know if you need any tips or suggestions. Once you get the sugar out of your system, you will feel amazing. It's poison I tell ya.

I drink these a lot in place of meals:
RtdDarkChc4ct1710_3Dlr.jpg

thnx, blackberries tend to have more nooks & crannies.. I use a colander, still work.:) lol worth it though

It sure is. To me store-bought berries are nearly tasteless. It's like they develop them for size and keeping ability and taste is a distant third. When they were up here last year I took my g-daughter (just a toddler) berry-picking. My daughter said that she wouldn't eat the blueberries because she hated them. She sure didn't hate on the wild ones! We came back with blue faces and seven berries to share. lol

Awesome! I do keto, or lazy keto rather. Let me know if you need any tips or suggestions. Once you get the sugar out of your system, you will feel amazing. It's poison I tell ya.

Does it satisfy hunger as well as actual food though?

Last edited:

I'm on a support group on Facebook,I have no problem eating right,it's just a learning experience all the things I can't eat.
Lost 14 lbs since I started a couple weeks ago!
Any ideas on non-dairy foods,I could eat?

I'm on a support group on Facebook,I have no problem eating right,it's just a learning experience all the things I can't eat.
Lost 14 lbs since I started a couple weeks ago!
Any ideas on non-dairy foods,I could eat?
How non-dairy do you mean? Can you eat eggs? I'd say eggs any way and even deviled.

Dill pickles, tuna salad, mixed nuts, beef jerky, slim jims, avocado-guacamole, peanut butter, for a few. Basically you're safe eating any kind of meat and a non-starchy vegetable or salad.

How non-dairy do you mean? Can you eat eggs? I'd say eggs any way and even deviled.

Dill pickles, tuna salad, mixed nuts, beef jerky, slim jims, avocado-guacamole, peanut butter, for a few. Basically you're safe eating any kind of meat and a non-starchy vegetable or salad.

I'm lactose intolerant ,but I eat cottage cheese with the milk pills.Peanut butter,bothers my stomach,but I eat mixed nuts,almonds,tuna salad,meat.
Boiling cabbage,onions and sausage for today.
Had black olives and almonds for breakfast.

I'm lactose intolerant ,but I eat cottage cheese with the milk pills.Peanut butter,bothers my stomach,but I eat mixed nuts,almonds,tuna salad,meat.

My diet is quite different. Basically, I'm limiting fat, fermentable sugars, spicy things, and cruciferous vegetation.

There you go.

Squash, zucchini, greens, green beans, okra and tomatoes (tomatoes have a bit higher carbs but not bad)

A lot can be done with cauliflower as well, such as making fake breadsticks, pizza crusts, etc.

Are you doing the serious keto where you calculate the "macros", fat, protein, carbs? I do the lazy keto where I *strive* to stay under 20 carbs a day. Doesn't always happen though. lol

Hey, I bought some of these bogo the other day and they are good, high in sodium but good.
large_467eda69-c192-4bc8-b6a9-c660e4e5f38a.JPG

There you go.

Squash, zucchini, greens, green beans, okra and tomatoes (tomatoes have a bit higher carbs but not bad)

A lot can be done with cauliflower as well, such as making fake breadsticks, pizza crusts, etc.

Are you doing the serious keto where you calculate the "macros", fat, protein, carbs? I do the lazy keto where I *strive* to stay under 20 carbs a day. Doesn't always happen though. lol

Hey, I bought some of these bogo the other day and they are good, high in sodium but good.
large_467eda69-c192-4bc8-b6a9-c660e4e5f38a.JPG

I'm trying to get carbs only from green vegetables,and one piece of dark bread a day.
I'm so new I don't have a name,just eat the healthiest I can.

Back