Jade's Recipe Exchange.

It sure is. To me store-bought berries are nearly tasteless. It's like they develop them for size and keeping ability and taste is a distant third. When they were up here last year I took my g-daughter (just a toddler) berry-picking. My daughter said that she wouldn't eat the blueberries because she hated them. She sure didn't hate on the wild ones! We came back with blue faces and seven berries to share. lol
:laugh::laugh:

I am not big on blueberries for that exact reason, even dried ones in cereals, baked goods from a package are better....... I put them in a smoothie for color.lol

Same w/ most fruit now.........

Other than real local stuff (stone fruits, watermelon etc) the stuff in the local stores here in calif are tasteless-might as well eat a potato as to a peach.. Look great though..

We do get stuff in from Mexico & it seems much better, almost as good as local as it seems they leave them in the field a bit longer to actually ripen~produce sugar..

I'm on a support group on Facebook,I have no problem eating right,it's just a learning experience all the things I can't eat.
Lost 14 lbs since I started a couple weeks ago!
Any ideas on non-dairy foods,I could eat?

Congrats!!!!!

How non-dairy do you mean? Can you eat eggs? I'd say eggs any way and even deviled.

Dill pickles, tuna salad, mixed nuts, beef jerky, slim jims, avocado-guacamole, peanut butter, for a few. Basically you're safe eating any kind of meat and a non-starchy vegetable or salad.

Sounds like a diet plan any man should be able to follow...... Can it be washed down w/ beer??

My daughter has been using blk bean flour... Other than being drier you can't tell in cakes & stuff..

The after-effects of desserts made out of a base of beans do not sound enticing. Especially with my guttural issues already.

You still need some good carbs and fruit. Even diabetics need some. Good ones I've seen are papaya for fruit and quinoa for grains.
Actually, you don't. There are carbs in all vegetables. Just varying amounts. The sugar in a strawberry or piece of watermelon has the same effect on your blood glucose as a candy bar does.

Ask Owl, she's a nurse.

The after-effects of desserts made out of a base of beans do not sound enticing. Especially with my guttural issues already.

It does not taste like beans......:rofl2:

The texture & taste is just like a normal flour cake....... After baking, if you were not told, you would not realize what it was........ Especially if it has a rich & creamy frosting & layers....

They started using it as an alternative for ppl in the fam w/ gluten issues.. I know of no side effects but I don't know anyone w/ allergies to beans..

As Golden mentioned there are many, many alternatives including cauliflower...

Actually, you don't. There are carbs in all vegetables. Just varying amounts. The sugar in a strawberry or piece of watermelon has the same effect on your blood glucose as a candy bar does.

Ask Owl, she's a nurse.

They both contains simple sugars, yes. But the strawberry (and even the watery watermelon) also contain some fiber, vitamins, and trace minerals that are good for you; the candy bar.... well, chocolate is good for the psyche. :~)

The texture & taste is just like a normal flour cake....... After baking, if you were not told, you would not realize what it was........ Especially if it has a rich & creamy frosting & layers....

They started using it as an alternative for ppl in the fam w/ gluten issues.. I know of no side effects but I don't know anyone w/ allergies to beans..

I have never heard of such a thing; it sounds worth a try. Does it contain gluten?

They both contains simple sugars, yes. But the strawberry (and even the watery watermelon) also contain some fiber, vitamins, and trace minerals that are good for you; the candy bar.... well, chocolate is good for the psyche. :~)
My only point is, the effect on the blood sugar is the same whether the sugar comes from a peach or a piece of candy. People often delude themselves into eating sugar and carbs with this rationale that one sugar is "better" or "safer" than another.

I have never heard of such a thing; it sounds worth a try. Does it contain gluten?

no gluten, that is the reason they started using it........ Yea, I thought it did as well but I didn't know or couldn't tell-they told me later..

She'll take cup cakes made from it to soccer games not one kid or parent ever noticed......

Beans are high in fementable sugars called FODMAP that cause gas. For people with IBS it's something to avoid. Even if I wasn't avoiding them I'd be leary about consuming that much bean in decadent desserts. The stuff in the pink column is to avoid for me. https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/

My only point is, the effect on the blood sugar is the same whether the sugar comes from a peach or a piece of candy. People often delude themselves into eating sugar and carbs with this rationale that one sugar is "better" or "safer" than another.

Very true! It's the same way with alcohol. Many ppl claim that they're not alcoholics because "I only drink beer." Wrong. Alcohol is alcohol.

Exactly. Whether it's beer or a shot of kahlua in coffee!

Wanted to ask you about that supplement you posted about. Is it similar to this stuff? Mr. Owl has this protein drink (you mix it with milk or water) every morning. He says it makes him feel full so he has it instead of a regular breakfast.

eVVDpD6.jpg

Wanted to ask you about that supplement you posted about. Is it similar to this stuff? Mr. Owl has this protein drink (you mix it with milk or water) every morning. He says it makes him feel full so he has it instead of a regular breakfast.

eVVDpD6.jpg

Yes, that Atkin's protein drink is basically the same thing, only it's already mixed. It's very filling because of the protein.

Back