Jade's Recipe Exchange.

What are you having in the typical meal??
It’s a cheat meal, so I’m having, one of the following, Eggs Benedict with crispy hash browns or a pancake, sometimes it’s biscuits and sausage gravy with crispy hash browns, or Huevos Rancheros, or a breakfast bowl with chorizo, avocado, peppers and potatoes. Frank’s has a lot of amazing breakfast offerings.

I never heard of that, but it sounds really good.

It's part of the enrolment as a citizen of Wisconsin or Michigan that you try Blue Moon or Superman ice cream. Hop out to Meijer's and get some Hudsonville ice cream. This recipe is probably just a copycat and probably not half as good as the real deal. Still worth a try I guess though. Facebook had coupons on the Hudsonville page.

It’s a cheat meal, so I’m having, one of the following, Eggs Benedict with crispy hash browns or a pancake, sometimes it’s biscuits and sausage gravy with crispy hash browns, or Huevos Rancheros, or a breakfast bowl with chorizo, avocado, peppers and potatoes. Frank’s has a lot of amazing breakfast offerings.

It's the fat and harder things to digest that weighs you down and makes you want a nap. Blood pumps from elsewhere to help digest them. Carbs can make you feel bloated if you have a lot with fluids though.

It's the fat and harder things to digest that weighs you down and makes you want a nap. Blood pumps from elsewhere to help digest them. Carbs can make you feel bloated if you have a lot with fluids though.
Fat doesn’t make me sleepy. I can eat high fat food like bacon, sausage, ham, etc, with eggs and I’m fine.

Fat doesn’t make me sleepy. I can eat high fat food like bacon, sausage, ham, etc, with eggs and I’m fine.

I'm the opposite. I could eat a loaf of bread or a huge bowl of rice with no issues. It's often just the size of the meal that really makes one tired. Carbs are normally quick, and easy to digest. It's why school football teams put on spaghetti dinners. It might have something to do with your blood sugar levels if it's causing issue if you aren't stuffing yourself when it happens.

Sounds great...

There is a local place like that called the stage coach-they only do breakfast & lunch......... 5AM till 2PM...

Hearty portions, 4 egg omelettes..

My brother is a hearty eater & the first time I brought him there when he got his order (he's loud) he says, "who ordered all this", I said you did, I told you not to get anything else. He ordered a side of grits or something.. The omelette cam w/ two bacon, two sausages& hashbrowns +toast..:cool:

It's part of the enrolment as a citizen of Wisconsin or Michigan that you try Blue Moon or Superman ice cream. Hop out to Meijer's and get some Hudsonville ice cream. This recipe is probably just a copycat and probably not half as good as the real deal. Still worth a try I guess though. Facebook had coupons on the Hudsonville page.

I will check it out! Thanks! Meijers is still kind of a new thing to me. It just got here last year, not too long after we did.

Do you still have a gall bladder? Had mine removed for extremely bad behavior in 2005. A meal heavy in protein puts me into what I call a "meat coma." A meal heavy in fat gives me pretty unpleasant gastric distress, so I avoid fats for that reason and seldom eat fried food. That is probably because of the gall bladder absence. A meal heavy in carbs but low in protein (like a pancake breakfast) sends me into a low-sugar state an hour or two later. I can eat sweets in tiny amounts, or in larger amounts when coupled with protein.

Do you still have a gall bladder? Had mine removed for extremely bad behavior in 2005. A meal heavy in protein puts me into what I call a "meat coma." A meal heavy in fat gives me pretty unpleasant gastric distress, so I avoid fats for that reason and seldom eat fried food. That is probably because of the gall bladder absence. A meal heavy in carbs but low in protein (like a pancake breakfast) sends me into a low-sugar state an hour or two later. I can eat sweets in tiny amounts, or in larger amounts when coupled with protein.

Yes, I still have my gallbladder.

I've always wondered what Meijer's is like as we don't have any here. Is it like a Whole Foods or more like a Publix/Winn Dixie type store? I guess grocery stores are way different from state to state. I remember the big grocery store chain in Georgia at one time was called "Piggly Wiggly", no lie. :D

A store called Sprouts just opened here. It's really nice, all natural stuff, lots of organics and healthy things. I even saw some of those plant-based hamburgers there. Really cool place.

I've always wondered what Meijer's is like as we don't have any here. Is it like a Whole Foods or more like a Publix/Winn Dixie type store? I guess grocery stores are way different from state to state. I remember the big grocery store chain in Georgia at one time was called "Piggly Wiggly", no lie. :D

A store called Sprouts just opened here. It's really nice, all natural stuff, lots of organics and healthy things. I even saw some of those plant-based hamburgers there. Really cool place.

Meijer's is a big box grocery store and a mainstay in the Great Lake states. They have good products and excellent name-brand merchandise. For a little more they have their True Goodness brand that's basically their organic brand. They have a few things based on location like beer brat with the local brew at ours. The Meijer's near us was clearing out their spice blends at a steal. I bought a bunch of special finishing salts for $1.89 rather than almost $6.

Meijer has everything, like a super Walmart only better quality. Clothing, shoes, hardware, pet supplies, garden/outdoor stuff, a deli, full service meat dept., etc. I really like the quality of their produce, seafood, and meats.

Sprouts sounds like a Whole Foods. Is it pricey?

Meijer has everything, like a super Walmart only better quality. Clothing, shoes, hardware, pet supplies, garden/outdoor stuff, a deli, full service meat dept., etc. I really like the quality of their produce, seafood, and meats.

Sprouts sounds like a Whole Foods. Is it pricey?

We have sprouts here & they have good quality, fair prices & products you don't find everywhere.

Meijer's is like a higher class Wal-Mart,has everything,but better quality!Best produce in our area!

Back