JustPlainPolitics Stock Market Game

Don't worry, we've all been fucked by them. I wanted to by more PHM today when it hit 10.65, and it didn't execute. It's up to 11.55 again. Would have been over 10% gain but noooooo. I got another down day still. Lets see if it executes my Short order for HIG at $14.00

Don't worry, we've all been fucked by them. I wanted to by more PHM today when it hit 10.65, and it didn't execute. It's up to 11.55 again. Would have been over 10% gain but noooooo. I got another down day still. Lets see if it executes my Short order for HIG at $14.00

Well, you got the HIG, but it looks like you're getting fucked again...

What was it about the chart or the action that led you to believe that it would be a good short target?

Well, you got the HIG, but it looks like you're getting fucked again...

What was it about the chart or the action that led you to believe that it would be a good short target?

There seemed to be a ton of resistance at that level. It bounced down, stay below 14 for a while... then up to 16... resistance didn't hold. But, then at the end of the day, the profit takers swooped in and got it back down to 14.57. It's gonna go back down to 12 by Monday.

I had an up day still ;)

Of course though, nothing like it woul dhave been had my PHM order went through.. fuckin game!

Today was PUVU on a Breakaway Gap at the open. Volume was 2x highest previous volume for the last two years. Big White Soldier with long body and small shadows.

Are you sure about 12 by Monday?

Today was PUVU on a Breakaway Gap at the open. Volume was 2x highest previous volume for the last two years. Big White Soldier with long body and small shadows.

Are you sure about 12 by Monday?

Yeah, it's going to drop back down then go back up again. If it goes up to 16 before it drops, then its a bull run and I jump ship before I lose too much.

Arrrggghhhhh! Where the fuck is the execution on my two day old limit order?!?!?!?! Price & Time priority motherfucker! Opened at my price, dipped under, rose above, back under AGAIN, with sufficient volume.

God Damn shitty execution. MArket Watch, you suck!

I've noticed that several times before.

My Microsoft stock went above my limit price before dropping again, setting me back about a week. And I think that god-awful SPRWB stock was above my limit price before dropping to the floor.

If it goes above your limit price cancel the order and set a stop. Stops have worked better for me. Set it a bit higher than your limit because if they drop quickly they'll sell regardless after passing your stop.

If it goes above your limit price cancel the order and set a stop. Stops have worked better for me. Set it a bit higher than your limit because if they drop quickly they'll sell regardless after passing your stop.
But I don't want a stop; I want a limit. I want to trade INTO the power.

Yeah, it's going to drop back down then go back up again. If it goes up to 16 before it drops, then its a bull run and I jump ship before I lose too much.

No "12" today. Maybe tomorrow?

HIG finished PUVD (Price Up, volume down) with the last one hour candlestick being a white marubozu. {buyers controlled the action} - > generally a bullish indication but needs confirmation. IMO, If you get a dip, cover it; but, of course, it is your game so do as you see fit.

When I get to $1.5 mil, I'm going to go to cash and just sit there and see if WM can catch me.

Last edited:

HIG finished PUVD (Price Up, volume down) with the last one hour candlestick being a white marubozu. {buyers controlled the action} - > generally a bullish indication but needs confirmation. IMO, If you get a dip, cover it; but, of course, it is your game so do as you see fit.

When I get to $1.5 mil, I'm going to go to cash and just sit there and see if WM can catch me.

This thing gets a huge rally, then the rest of the day is spent breaking down support levels. Been like that for two days now. Today it actually went in the red again. No one wants to stick to this stock. Those that do are just slowing down the progress towards my $10 target :)

This thing gets a huge rally, then the rest of the day is spent breaking down support levels. Been like that for two days now. Today it actually went in the red again. No one wants to stick to this stock. Those that do are just slowing down the progress towards my $10 target :)

HIG's rally was on large volumes (2x largest previous volume of last two years), as the prices have fallen, the volumes have shrunk back toward normal daily levels. I think it will consolidate here and trade sideways. I don't see $10. Just MHO.

WOW, Deja vu post! At least Pulte put you in the green.

I hope the volatility doesn't dry up, then I'd have to do some actual work!

Last edited:
I had bought Ford to nab whatever profits were left in the stock. I was intending to sell quickly. Then I heard about the senate vote yesterday, decided I made a hasty decision on dumb information, and set a limit at 2.80 because I expected the stock to crash.

Except I accidentally set a buy limit instead of a sell limit.

Well the Ford stock rebounded so it's all good, but I've seriously got to set up all my limits and stops before one of my stocks crash. I'm being lazy.

I had an order in for Ford at $2.70. It went under, but no execution. Then I had to clear the boards because of a meeting. I never did regain the timing this afternoon. The swings weren't lasting long enough to surpass the twenty minute delay.

Oh well, <1% down, at least I didn't have a truly shitty day.

I had an order in for Ford at $2.70. It went under, but no execution. Then I had to clear the boards because of a meeting. I never did regain the timing this afternoon. The swings weren't lasting long enough to surpass the twenty minute delay.

Oh well, <1% down, at least I didn't have a truly shitty day.

Yes; I was intending to dump the stock and had ironic good luck because of something I screwed up on. This has actually happened to me several times.

I also have like 700k in margin, which exaggerates my profits (and my failures). I'm not afraid at all to use margin. Is that a bad idea?

Yes; I was intending to dump the stock and had ironic good luck because of something I screwed up on. This has actually happened to me several times.

I also have like 700k in margin, which exaggerates my profits (and my failures). I'm not afraid at all to use margin. Is that a bad idea?
S long as you keep the risk under control it's ok. You had a good day going yesterday and let it slip away.

Looks like another down day for everyone... except me, of course!

Hey Dave, when is HIG going to hit $12? :pke:

Looks like another down day for everyone... except me, of course!

Hey Dave, when is HIG going to hit $12? :pke:

It went down below $14 for aday or two there, but I already took my losses around $15 and bought up some Solar. I see a better profit coming out of that in the next month or so. I'll play long with that portion of my portfolio, and day trade the other portion once PHM goes over 12.50 again.

Back