Kerry: Our Troops are Uneducated Idiots!

Dixie has never been in the service so he has no idea which people the military attracts at all. Many are good intelligent people, many more are not quite so bright or honest. And the military keeps dropping it's entrance requirements.

So you agree that the military is uneducated?

Based on my experience about 30% of the military is uneducated. The level of education varies a lot between the branches of service. USAF being the highest and the Army being the lowest overall education/intelligence levels.

Based on my experience about 30% of the military is uneducated. The level of education varies a lot between the branches of service. USAF being the highest and the Army being the lowest overall education/intelligence levels.
Don't dismiss the Navy. Nuke Technicians are not undereducated...

There is not a larger group of people that I have ever been among that I could be assured they at least had an equivalent of a Diploma. The military on average is more educated than most of society.

I am not dismissing the Navy at all I just did not list them, I rate them second on training overall, just under the air force. Remember all sailors are not on nuclear subs.

I am not dismissing the Navy at all I just did not list them, I rate them second on training overall, just under the air force. Remember all sailors are not on nuclear subs.
No, but not all nuke techs are on subs. Aircraft carriers, destroyers and many other ships also use them. Almost all of them need techs to fix the weaponry on board as well. The Navy carries a huge amount of well-educated people around the world.

Can I please Ask those of you that keep saying that Kerry said this "about our troops" or about our soldiers....

Where in KERRY'S STATEMENT is there the word troops or the word soldiers?

Why are you presuming he even meant this about our soldiers, our troops when HE NEVER EVEN USED those words?

So, was it REPUBLICANS that ACTUALLY THOUGHT this about our troops and that is WHY, they RUSHED to their own opinions about what Kerry said?

Why is the media cutting off the sound of laughter from the crowd, that is a "part" of this "one liner" that is being pulled out of context and spun to mean something it was CLEARLY NOT, UNTIL OF COURSE.... the REPUBLICANS brought the word "troops" or "soldiers" in to the picture?

Shame on all of you, that have been caught up in these UNTRUTHS and lies, jfor purely partisan reasons, and bringing in our "troops" in to the picture by demoralizing them in this manner... and harming them by doing such...

Just when ya thought the Republicans in office and the Administration could not get any lower! :(

And shame on McCain....for once again, jumping on the Bush bandwagon with this partisan shit....

gawd, I just HATE everything about politics yet I come here near every day and read about this crapola....?

Is this the definition of "insanity"?

care

where is the word "military"?
Read other threads. Who else do the Dems think are "stuck in Iraq" and who do they constantly harp on that we should bring home from Iraq? Don't be so disingenuous. There is precious few other ways to construe the remark, the attempt to add words to it and spin it afterward is a weak attempt.

Kerry could have easily diffused the remark with a simple and direct apology, even the one I wrote earlier which doesn't even shy away from this "truth" of how he "meant" the remark.

Don't be so easily shown to be partisan. I know you are a yellow dog, but recognizing that this statement is bad for your party should be easy.

I think they've been limited to those tactics by the limited foresight of a politician-run war.

Even with the poor strategic thinking, use of tactics such as force protection and reliance of 'overwhelming firepower' were pretty dumb in a counter-insurgency situation....

Read other threads. Who else do the Dems think are "stuck in Iraq" and who do they constantly harp on that we should bring home from Iraq? Don't be so disingenuous. There is precious few other ways to construe the remark, the attempt to add words to it and spin it afterward is a weak attempt.

Kerry could have easily diffused the remark with a simple and direct apology, even the one I wrote earlier which doesn't even shy away from this "truth" of how he "meant" the remark.

Don't be so easily shown to be partisan. I know you are a yellow dog, but recognizing that this statement is bad for your party should be easy.

I think that the Bush administration is stuck in Iraq.... and I think that is what Kerry meant by his comment....

do I think he worded it well? No. Would I rather he not have made the statement in the first place? Of course. Do I think that the republicans are having a field day with his misstatement as a way of avoiding the truth of his intended remarks? Of course they are. Do I think that it will change the outcome of congressional elections? no.

I think that the Bush administration is stuck in Iraq.... and I think that is what Kerry meant by his comment....

do I think he worded it well? No. Would I rather he not have made the statement in the first place? Of course. Do I think that the republicans are having a field day with his misstatement as a way of avoiding the truth of his intended remarks? Of course they are. Do I think that it will change the outcome of congressional elections? no.
Rubbish. Kerry knows that Bush went to the same college he did and got a better GPA than he did. He was not saying that Bush is uneducated. That is simply disingenuous spin. The only "uneducated" people stuck in Iraq are not the Administration and this silly attempt to spin it that way is just plain transparent.

I did serve, I just wasn't physically qualified to serve in an enlisted role.

So, you didn't serve....

Why are you stating that liberals who have served 'hate' the military because your leader has misused the military and liberals complain about that?

This whole subject is spin :) Kerrys origional statement was spin and all subsequent discussion of that origional spin is just subspin.

He was not saying that Bush is uneducated.

Educated doesn't equate to intelligent. You only have to take a look at some of the chinless wonders who emerge from the Oxbridge universities on the basis of daddy's money to recognise that.....

He was not saying that Bush is uneducated.

Educated doesn't equate to intelligent. You only have to take a look at some of the chinless wonders who emerge from the Oxbridge universities on the basis of daddy's money to recognise that.....
Hence saying that the uneducated are stuck in Iraq is not the same as saying the unintelligent Admin stuck us there...

There was only one group that can be construed to be "uneducated" and it wasn't Bush who got a better GPA than the man making the "uneducated" statement.

Rubbish. Kerry knows that Bush went to the same college he did and got a better GPA than he did. He was not saying that Bush is uneducated. That is simply disingenuous spin. The only "uneducated" people stuck in Iraq are not the Administration and this silly attempt to spin it that way is just plain transparent.

I disagree with your opinion on this...I think that Bush may have gone to college, but he is hardly "educated".... he is profoundly incurious and dull and incaring about learning much about the world around him...it is that lack of "education" that I think Kerry was referrring to. I am not being disingenuous in the least. I simply disagree with you.... and if you want to continue to call me names for that, go fuck yourself.

Attempting to spin it after the fact so that it supposedly meant that the man who got a better GPA than he did, and at the very same college, was somehow "uneducated" is fricking hilarious!

I'm telling you the desperate spin here is really making me laugh. The smart man would have apologized quickly.

Back