Last Universal Common Ancestor

Denying being a Christian is a sin, Jank.

Why do you think I noted in the other thread that there is no Christian version of Taqiyya? I felt perhaps you thought there was.

I will gladly agree that it would be a "sin" but that is your problem between you and your God.

Back to the topic.

I read an article earlier today where a guy claimed to be a direct descendent of Charlemagne. He then mentioned that geneticists now think that EVERYONE of European descent...is a direct descendent of Charlemagne.

The point of convergence of descendance is not that far back. You have two parents; four grandparents; eight great grandparents; 16 great great grandparents; 32 great great great grandparents. And it goes from there to 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048...and further.

It doesn't take too long to get to a number greater than the number of people alive in Europe at any one time.

Taken world-wide...we all have common ancestry not too far back.

I did a Y-chromosome genetic test with other male relatives, and we have the I2 haplotype, which is common in Eastern Europe. It means that millions of Europeans can trace their male lineage back to one guy who probably lived on the Balkan peninsula 23,000 years ago

Back to the topic.

I read an article earlier today where a guy claimed to be a direct descendent of Charlemagne. He then mentioned that geneticists now think that EVERYONE of European descent...is a direct descendent of Charlemagne.

The point of convergence of descendance is not that far back. You have two parents; four grandparents; eight great grandparents; 16 great great grandparents; 32 great great great grandparents. And it goes from there to 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048...and further.

It doesn't take too long to get to a number greater than the number of people alive in Europe at any one time.

Taken world-wide...we all have common ancestry not too far back.

Which is one reason why I get a chuckle about people claiming to be descended from royalty. Ain’t we all? LOL

Why do you think I noted in the other thread that there is no Christian version of Taqiyya? I felt perhaps you thought there was.

I will gladly agree that it would be a "sin" but that is your problem between you and your God.

I have no idea, Jank, since I’m not religious. You’re the wackadoodle who runs from questions.

You are free to assume whatever you like, Jank. The fact you are butthurt over the whole PhD thing fascinates me.

Given that the oxygen holocaust didn't occur until 2.3GA after the earth's formation I'm guessing autotrophic. Certainly not photosynthetic. Otherwise there wouldn't have been the oxidation event.

Definitely autotrophic. The active question is what was their ecology - deep sea hydrothermal or surface pools.

The answer might be relevant to exobiology, because it could give us a clue as to where primitive life most likely originates on exoplanets

Definitely autotrophic. The active question is what was their ecology - deep sea hydrothermal or surface pools.

The answer might be relevant to exobiology, because it could give us a clue as to where primitive life most likely originates on exoplanets
Not a biologist, Exo or terrestrial, but doesn’t most life depend upon heat?

Do they consider the Lunar tidal forces to be a factor? If so, the surface pools might experience that more than a deep sea vent.

I have no idea, Jank, since I’m not religious. You’re the wackadoodle who runs from questions.

You are free to assume whatever you like, Jank. The fact you are butthurt over the whole PhD thing fascinates me.

I don't know what you mean about the PhD. I don't have one. Do you?

Not a biologist, Exo or terrestrial, but doesn’t most life depend upon heat?

Do they consider the Lunar tidal forces to be a factor? If so, the surface pools might experience that more than a deep sea vent.

I'm not a biologist either, but it seems life can exist in a wide range of temperatures (as shown by extremophiles).

I think the key thing about tidal force heating on the Jovian moons keep their interior subsurface oceans from freezing solid, and life obviously depends on a liquid medium.

I'm not a biologist either, but it seems life can exist in a wide range of temperatures (as shown by extremophiles).

I think the key thing about tidal forces on the Jovian moons keep their interiors from freezing solid, and life obviously depends on a liquid medium.
Liquid water seems to be a common component.

There’s no date on Jank’s link but it seems dated since it gives live beginning 3.8B years ago versus “around 4 billion” in the OP . Then there’s this which, IMO, indicates life beginning in surface pools would be too dangerous due to radiation:

https://ucmp.berkeley.edu/glossary/gloss3/photosyn/development.html
The move of autotrophs to land, which occurred approximately about 425 million years ago, involved both benefits and risks. This move would not have been possible if not for the free oxygen products emitted from the original aquatic autotrophs, which produced a protective ozone layer (O3) to filter out the dangerous ultraviolet radiation.

There’s no date on Jank’s link but it seems dated since it gives live beginning 3.8B years ago versus “around 4 billion” in the OP . Then there’s this which, IMO, indicates life beginning in surface pools would be too dangerous due to radiation:

I believe 3.8GA is considered "around 4GA". (Cypress will be familiar with the "GA" designation. It means "billions of years" or "giga-annums")

Most resources give about 3.77GA to 3.8GA as the appearance of first life (at least first evidence we have for it).

I personally believe it is unlikely but unlike you I'm not absolutely certain. That's how I view religion as well. You don't seem to brook any question about your faith.
Sweet. Name who you think exhibits the knowledge and maturity of having a PhD. Take your time. I’ll wait. :)

I believe 3.8GA is considered "around 4GA". (Cypress will be familiar with the "GA" designation. It means "billions of years" or "giga-annums")

Most resources give about 3.77GA to 3.8GA as the appearance of first life (at least first evidence we have for it).
Only if you think 200 million years is good enough for science.

There are still some biologists who don't like the ocean hydrothermal vent hypothesis. I'm not exactly sure why, I'll have to look into it.

Yes, almost a perfect storm of events on earth to make it reasonably stable: a magnetic field, a large lunar companion, protection from UV, Jupiter clearing out dangerous asteroids, a solar system that condensed from a nebula enriched in heavy elements, etc

There are still some biologists who don't like the ocean hydrothermal vent hypothesis. I'm not exactly sure why, I'll have to look into it.

Yes, almost a perfect storm of events on earth to make it reasonably stable: a magnetic field, a large lunar companion, protection from UV, Jupiter clearing out dangerous asteroids, a solar system that condensed from a nebula enriched in heavy elements, etc

It would help explain why life is so rare in our solar system if not the galaxy.

Back