Leviticus

What's the harm in believing? If you want to use a rational for your religion, it should be because of it's personal impact to you, not because it doesn't hurt to believe.

agreed. I was throwing out a stopgap for fence sitters.

Why? Or more accurately, why would omnipotence be limited in it's ability and need to remain consistent?

Agreed however God is touted as perfection not just omnipotence.

My omnipotence does not make me perfect.
I still like non perfect women.

Golly, it's just so convenient that there are "literal" texts, and "not-so-literal" texts. I also find it so nifty that, when asked if the Bible is the "word of God," people will frequently say, "Of course - it's written right in there!"

When are people going to realize that the Bible is a compilation of many fascinating historical texts, but not a literal dictate from God? If it is a literal dictate from God, I worry about him/her a great deal, because it is incredibly rife with contradiction....

actually......most of the Bible can be taken to literally convey that which it intended to convey.....it just can't be taken to literally convey that which fucking idiots want to pretend it conveys......and from what I've seen all the claimed "contradictions" are nothing more than stupid misinterpretations......

You believe in the miracles and such portrayed in the bible?

Some of it speaks of others flying around and such with false miracles becuase they were not true Christians.

And Revelations... The book written by a delusional man?

actually......most of the Bible can be taken to literally convey that which it intended to convey.....it just can't be taken to literally convey that which fucking idiots want to pretend it conveys......and from what I've seen all the claimed "contradictions" are nothing more than stupid misinterpretations......

says who? many churches official stance is that it is the true literal word of god

Back