Mike Huckabee's Presidential ambitions come to an unexpected halt

out of wedlock black child?

Now you know what kind of shit Palin will do with this little tidbit

Obviously, no one is interested in hearing what Huck has to say about this and would clear everything up.It appears there are a lot of wannabe attorneys on here and just want to strut their stuff to feel important. I'm not talking about you, Yurt.

Here is Huck in his own words. Gotta love the hypocrite lefties.

click here

The proof of his abuse of power is clear when you look past this one tree and see the forest. He used the power excessively and for trivial reasons. Something like this was inevitable.

Further, he did not always use it legally. He failed to give his reasons on numerous occasions, which is a requirement of the Arkansas constitution.

define "abuse of power"....and define it specifically for a governor...once you define it, not just your definition, but the proper one or the correct legal one, explain how the definition fits what huckabee did....

i am talking solely about this one commutation....he may or may not have abused it otherwise, but we are talking about this one guy's commutation

thanks

Why do you always look to pass the buck down the line? Huckabee intended to make him eligible for parole. That was the point of lowering the sentence. The parole board erred too, but that does not absolve Huckabee.

there is absolutely no passing of the buck....in order to pass the buck, so to speak, huckabee would have been directly responsible for his early release on parole for after he returned to prison.

i can see the stretch of the argument that his commutation played a very, very minor role in his first release (the argument is fatally flawed though as i have explained), but his second release, that had nothing at all to do with huckabee. if the BOP can't see that this guy, after getting released, and after recieving a clemency, commits another crime is not parole worthy, that has nothing to do with huckabee....

quite simple really

RS, throughout all of US history it has been the norm of governer's too often use their clemency power based soley on compassion grounds. It is only within the past 30 years that governor's have completely stopped giving out practically any commutations at all. Huckabee's three predecessors 1) probably didn't serve as many terms as he did and 2) probably gave out far far fewer commutations than their predecessors.

I see no reason the modern phenomena of a compassionless society and compassionless government need to be extended throughout all of US history.

He was 17. IMHO, it needs to be written into law that 17 year old who haven't committed murder need to be given review of their sentence within 15 years. No other nation on the face of the Earth gives 90 year sentences to 17 year olds - Saudi Arabia and China stand aghast at the conduct of America.

this is the watermark i like....though i admit to finding the troll watermark humerous many times....

:clink:

The power to grant clemency is constitutionally prescribed to the governers of states specifically to overrule the will of an angry and kneejerk reaction of the people. It should be used sparingly, but when necessary to limit the damage 12 angry/stupid/ignorant people on a jury can do.

No disagreement. I think it is a useful check on the courts/juries. But Mike did not use it sparingly.

RS, throughout all of US history it has been the norm of governer's too often use their clemency power based soley on compassion grounds. It is only within the past 30 years that governor's have completely stopped giving out practically any commutations at all. Huckabee's three predecessors 1) probably didn't serve as many terms as he did and 2) probably gave out far far fewer commutations than their predecessors.

I see no reason the modern phenomena of a compassionless society and compassionless government need to be extended throughout all of US history.

He was 17. IMHO, it needs to be written into law that 17 year old who haven't committed murder need to be given review of their sentence within 15 years. No other nation on the face of the Earth gives 90 year sentences to 17 year olds - Saudi Arabia and China stand aghast at the conduct of America.

His 3 predecessors served 17 1/2 years.

A Governor's job is to execute the will of the people, expressed through their legislators. There are times when you should use your checks on the legislators and/or the courts.

But you should not use your check simply because you think that the sentences a 17 year old can receive should be limited. That should be expressed through the representatives. Or because your faith tells you to show forgiveness to those who share your faith.

He was 17 years old. Old enough to procreate. Old enough to understand the ramifications and consequences of his actions. One short year short of full adulthood. He committed six felonies. He was old enough to knock a woman clear across her car. He was old enough to beat you to death with just his limbs.

Shortly after, he was old enough to seriously threaten the lives of corrections officers and officers of the court. And a little while later, old enough to sucker a Governor who made decisions based on religious bias.

There is no magic threshold you walk through at 18 (or for that matter 19,20,21, etc.) that makes you better able to judge right from wrong. If that point exists, it comes quite a bit earlier for most than 17. You might look back to when you were 17 and think, "god you I was so stupid." Trust me, in three years you will look back at whatever age you are now and think the same thing. Three years after that you will do it again and on and on.

Unless you are a member of the Dumbfuck Party you will continue to learn and grow as a person. That is why we associate wisdom with age.

From his later actions, my guess, is the guy was just starting to act on his mental problems at that age. While it is unfortunate that he has those problems (I truly feel sorry for him), justice is not served by releasing him to rape a child or kill four people. THAT IS NOT compassion. It is stupidity.

Some people need to be locked up or at the very least closely monitored. Clemmons, was clearly, one of those people.

LMAO... This is just too funny... The people who are usually the first to decry the justice system in America because it "unfairly discriminates" against blacks, etc.... The people who support the ACLU, and these liberal initiatives to get criminals off the hook... The same people who demand we give full Constitutional rights to terrorists captured on the fields of battle.... are castigating Mike Huckabee for being TOO SOFT on criminals???

If Mike Hucakbee were a Democrat, you same people would be hooping and hollering at anyone who DARED to criticize him! How was he supposed to know Dix? Should we just shoot them all in the head if they ask for a commuted sentence? You wouldn't let one iota of criticism stand for a second, if Mike Huckabee were a Democrat! But because he is a Republican, and particularly, a RELIGIOUS Republican, it's perfectly alright in Hypocrite Demo World, to crucify the man!

You people make me sick!

there is absolutely no passing of the buck....in order to pass the buck, so to speak, huckabee would have been directly responsible for his early release on parole for after he returned to prison.

i can see the stretch of the argument that his commutation played a very, very minor role in his first release (the argument is fatally flawed though as i have explained), but his second release, that had nothing at all to do with huckabee. if the BOP can't see that this guy, after getting released, and after recieving a clemency, commits another crime is not parole worthy, that has nothing to do with huckabee....

quite simple really

Yeah, the judge and jury realized that this guy needed to be locked up. Huckabee was suckered in by his conversion story and, basically, set him loose. But everything that happened after that point is clearly none of Huckabee's concern. :palm:

And you are not passing the buck.

Huckabee will not and should not be allowed to wash his hands of this. He fucked up. If it were an isolated incident, I'd be willing to forgive his error. But it is not an isolated incident. He did this numerous times and is still looking to shift blame.

He is an unrepentant fuck up. Christian faith does not even give you "the get out of jail free card" for the unrepentant.

But you should not use your check simply because you think that the sentences a 17 year old can receive should be limited. That should be expressed through the representatives.

LOL.

A governor is a representative. He has the right to use the full power granted to him, for any reason at all. You are retarded on this issue.

There is no magic threshold you walk through at 18 (or for that matter 19,20,21, etc.) that makes you better able to judge right from wrong. If that point exists, it comes quite a bit earlier for most than 17. You might look back to when you were 17 and think, "god you I was so stupid." Trust me, in three years you will look back at whatever age you are now and think the same thing. Three years after that you will do it again and on and on.

Did you get this argument from Ron Paul's racist memo's?

This is the old obfuscation "any limit will be arbitrary so it's illigitimate to put any limit at all!" So why not eliminate the age of consent, because there's no absolute point at which a person is able to give consent?

Conservatards want to give children all the responsibilities and none of the rights of being adults.

IMHO, the only problem with the 18 year old limit is that it doesn't go far enough. Science has proven that children aren't all the way adults until they are 25. Your anecdotal stories are irrelevant because they are unsupported by data, and your argument that children should be sentenced to 80 or so years in prison is something you should be ashamed of.

Last edited:
LMAO... This is just too funny... The people who are usually the first to decry the justice system in America because it "unfairly discriminates" against blacks, etc.... The people who support the ACLU, and these liberal initiatives to get criminals off the hook... The same people who demand we give full Constitutional rights to terrorists captured on the fields of battle.... are castigating Mike Huckabee for being TOO SOFT on criminals???

If Mike Hucakbee were a Democrat, you same people would be hooping and hollering at anyone who DARED to criticize him! How was he supposed to know Dix? Should we just shoot them all in the head if they ask for a commuted sentence? You wouldn't let one iota of criticism stand for a second, if Mike Huckabee were a Democrat! But because he is a Republican, and particularly, a RELIGIOUS Republican, it's perfectly alright in Hypocrite Demo World, to crucify the man!

You people make me sick!

And the head of the Dumbfuck Party comments.

Yeah, I am a partisan Dem. The times I have voted for Dems or Repubs I could count on one hand and the Repubs would have a strong majority of those votes.

If Huckabee were a Democrat you'd be blasting him as you did Clinton on the Marc Rich pardon. How many people has Marc Rich killed? I was not in favor of the pardon of Marc Rich, but compared to this, it is nothing.

I am completely and fully for sticking it to real criminals convicted by the courts of legitimate crimes. Fuck them! But I don't see why we can't give them a fair trial. Those who advocate due process are somehow advocating that we spring all violent criminals? Okay, Mr. Dumbfuck, sure that is what we are saying.

If Huckabee were a Democrat you'd be blasting him as you did Clinton on the Marc Rich pardon.

I would have the exact same opinion no matter what Mike Huckabee was. He used his best judgment based on the information at hand, he had no way of possibly knowing the guy would commit 8 more felonies and (apparently) get let off the hook for those as well! I think if we are going to call someone's judgment into question, it should be the person who gave this guy a THIRD chance, FOURTH chance, FIFTH chance, SIXTH chance, SEVENTH chance, and EIGHTH chance! I don't have a problem with Huck giving him a SECOND chance, but the minute he even looked like he might commit another crime, he should have been locked back up and never given any more chances.

I agree with the earlier statements, Huck wasn't ever going to be president, he is a little too social conservative for mainstream America. But to see the absolute hypocrites from the left, tee-off on him because he is a Christian, and because he did a compassionate thing for a young man who he felt was unfairly sentenced, is just deplorable to me.

Oh.. and Clinton PARDONED Marc Rich, Huckabee did NOT pardon this guy!

You people make me sick!

This is a clear indication that Democrats are closet racists.

i would not link anyone on the left to the tragedy, others might, but i would not. there is simply no causal link between huckabee's commutation of sentence and the murders in seattle. even if this was a simple tort action based on civil burden of proof's, i don't think any jury or court would find huckabee's actions caused these murders....

commuting his sentence only allowed him to be eligible for parole earlier...it did not guarantee his release...further, he committed another act and was again released, this time huckabee had zero to do with that release, so even if we want to blame huckabee for the first release, the fact he committed another crime and was sent back only to be released again absolutely takes huckabee's clemency out of the picture....

here's a link, Huckebubble does nothing dude is still in jail and there are 4 less widows. SPURTAGE

Back