Most Admired Country on the Planet

They never once told me who to vote for either. This is retarded speculation. I never even heard of Rush Limbaugh until I was out of the military. You do not get Rush piped into submarines, and it certainly wasn't played in the NSA where I worked when I wasn't temp assigned to a sub.

Just talking out his *ss again. I would love to see any example where the military told people you need these political thoughts to do your job.

Just talking out his *ss again. I would love to see any example where the military told people you need these political thoughts to do your job.
They told me that the President was the CIC and that was all. They never speculated on who I should "respect" more than anybody else. I was never told how to vote, nor did they even suggest anything political during training.

Back to the origional topic.
Strange I don't think anyone has said the USA is the most respected country....
bunch of antiamerican Bastiges ;)

This is a volunteer army, I've said it before, I will say it again. Most who join are predisposed to that party before they join. It has nothing to do with boot camp that they continue in that opinion afterward. In fact, there was nothing in my training in boot camp or afterward other than, "Obey Orders!"

That might be one more reason why we should have mandatory service in this country, but it in no way changes the FACT that the right wing has made a concerted effort to demonize democrats in the military, and that this is a treasonous act. And if there is anyone here who can't see the possibilities inherent in this, or what our founders would think of it, then they are stupid. Just outright, stupid.

That might be one more reason why we should have mandatory service in this country, but it in no way changes the FACT that the right wing has made a concerted effort to demonize democrats in the military, and that this is a treasonous act. And if there is anyone here who can't see the possibilities inherent in this, or what our founders would think of it, then they are stupid. Just outright, stupid.
Most of the founders were against a standing army.

Nothing stops people who are Democrats from joining, other than their own choice.

They never once told me who to vote for either. This is retarded speculation. I never even heard of Rush Limbaugh until I was out of the military. You do not get Rush piped into submarines, and it certainly wasn't played in the NSA where I worked when I wasn't temp assigned to a sub.

Rush Limbaugh is played on Armed Forces Radio, every day.

That's true, but in no way indicates they would have approved of this politicizing of the military, in fact, it's exactly one of the reasons they didn't want one. Too much consolidated power.

Rush Limbaugh is played on Armed Forces Radio, every day.
Nobody was ever forced to listen to Armed Forces Radio. And while "in the field" there is no access to it. Only at supporting bases, centralized areas do you get this. The idea that there is some programming going on is simply preposterous. While they could do that in Boot Camp, if there was some actual control, there was absolutely no evidence of this.

You are simply spouting off about something you will never understand because you were never there.

And most of the armed forces are not serving on submarines.
During the time on Submarines, there are taped Armed Services Radio programs you can watch/listen to. There was no Rush Limbaugh available when I was in. That there is now doesn't change the fact that I was never once forced to listen to their canned programming. Nor did I ever once take part in any training that attempted to give me a political opinion in any way.

I hardly think that's the point. What is that thing you love to accuse me of? Being "deliberately obtuse?"
Which is what you are doing right now. Uscit accused the military of programming people to be conservative, that is totally B.S. beyond the pale garbage that has no evidence to back it up. Never once in any training were we even exposed to a political view.

The idea that they tried to get me to dislike Ds while I was in is only a preposterous pretend wish based on unsupported inuendo and anecdotal garbage.

Nothing stops people who are Democrats from joining, other than their own choice.

I thought I would reiterate that last point. And they would never be exposed to any training about their political view, never asked for it by a recruiter, never 'trained' to prefer Rs over their own political party.

Which is what you are doing right now. Uscit accused the military of programming people to be conservative, that is totally B.S. beyond the pale garbage that has no evidence to back it up. Never once in any training were we even exposed to a political view.

The idea that they tried to get me to dislike Ds while I was in is only a preposterous pretend wish based on unsupported inuendo and anecdotal garbage.

It's not about programming people to be conservative!!

It's about brainwashign them into believing that if you are not conservative you are working with the enemy!!

And that is what they believe!!

Now, in many cases their idiotic parents already taught them taht, and that's why they're in the military in the first place. But it's reinenforced.

I thought I would reiterate that last point. And they would never be exposed to any training about their political view, never asked for it by a recruiter, never 'trained' to prefer Rs over their own political party.

Funny, we had a guy, maybe Cawacko will remember this, or maybe he only remembers stories about all of the cool black people he knows who are "onto the liberals" , posting on our other board, called Powerful. He was a big time libertarian. He despised bush.

He posted on numerous occasions that he would not let his superiors know his political feelings for fear of retribution.

So, gosh, I guess your personal experience cannot stand in for the experiences of millions of other people in the military and who have been in there. Who would have guessed?

It's not about programming people to be conservative!!

It's about brainwashign them into believing that if you are not conservative you are working with the enemy!!

And that is what they believe!!

Now, in many cases their idiotic parents already taught them taht, and that's why they're in the military in the first place. But it's reinenforced.
Brainwashing is programming, it doesn't happen by the military. Nobody ever told me to be conservative, it was not part of my training, they never suggested that I must be or even how to be. They taught me to fold a shirt.

I am disgusted by your total lack of regard of the intelligence and individuality of those who join the military.

Brainwashing is programming, it doesn't happen by the military.

I am disgusted by your total lack of regard of the intelligence and individuality of those who join the military.

You yourself have bragged that most who join are conservative, and now I am not respecting their individuality because I agreed?

Back