Nature, beer, the coming holidays, or whatever.

I keep forgetting to ask you how your Thanksgiving went. Did you enjoy that restaurant? What was it called again?

It was called Aerie, and I pigged out. They had a favorite snack on the desserts table, that is a no no on my diet. Rice Krispie treats. I also had 3 large helpings of fresh mashed potatoes. Sure I pigged out on everything, but the carbs were targeted the most. I ate 3 platefuls, and one plate with more potatoes, and bread. The 3rd plate was covered in desserts.

It was called Aerie, and I pigged out. They had a favorite snack on the desserts table, that is a no no on my diet. Rice Krispie treats. I also had 3 large helpings of fresh mashed potatoes. Sure I pigged out on everything, but the carbs were targeted the most. I ate 3 platefuls, the 3rd was covered in desserts.

Well, you earned a pig-out day!

We had our neighbors over; had the traditional turkey, dressing/stuffing/veggies/punkin pie, etc. My husband was horrified to find that I hadn't also made mashed potatoes. lol

Well, you earned a pig-out day!

We had our neighbors over; had the traditional turkey, dressing/stuffing/veggies/punkin pie, etc. My husband was horrified to find that I hadn't also made mashed potatoes. lol

Sounds good. My family has a long history of meat, and potato diets. My brother Chris might be one of the weirdest eaters though. He won't touch certain foods, or preparations of foods he will eat. He won't touch beef, and we try to keep silent about his favorite Pepperoni being made with it.

Sounds good. My family has a long history of meat, and potato diets. My brother Chris might be one of the weirdest eaters though. He won't touch certain foods, or preparations of foods he will eat. He won't touch beef, and we try to keep silent about his favorite Pepperoni being made with it.

Heheheheh. I was horrified years ago to find out that pepperoni was meat and not some kind of weird spicy vegetable. Apparently you can't even have a pepperoni pizza on Fridays during Lent.

I can't wait till I'm able to log my land and start building a house on it. About 20 years ago I got some land and logged it out. Then planted some black walnut. A couple more years and we can harvest it then start building.
My dad loved black walnuts, especially black walnut ice cream

My ebay selling is going good. Hopefully I'll sell enough to get some good money for next years trip. I also hope to be rid of these kidney stones before then. One thing with it is, that it helps my diet a little bit, because I don't feel like eating that much.
Best of luck to you, kidney stones, I have heard, are hellish.

Heheheheh. I was horrified years ago to find out that pepperoni was meat and not some kind of weird spicy vegetable. Apparently you can't even have a pepperoni pizza on Fridays during Lent.

I could never follow lent anyway. You take meat away, and I'm limited in options I can eat. I have to watch carbs, oxalate, sugar, sodium, and I have to limit meat, and dairy protein. I bought me, and mom a bulk protein powder, made from sunflower seed. It gives me plant based protein, and lets mom get protein without her top teeth.

https://www.amazon.com/Sunflower-Pr...r=8-1&keywords=natures+plus+sunflower+protein

I legit lol'd about the pepperoni.

I made two pizzas last night with turkey pepperoni. Pretty good stuff.

I saw you thanked my post where I mentioned "The One Power". Are you a Wheel of Time fan?

I legit lol'd about the pepperoni.

I made two pizzas last night with turkey pepperoni. Pretty good stuff.

I saw you thanked my post where I mentioned "The One Power". Are you a Wheel of Time fan?

It must have been something else I thanked, because I don't know what that is. lol

Addendum: Just googled it. Have not read the Wheel of Time series, if that's what you are referring to. Looks great though; will check it out. Sci-fi and fantasy are two favorite genres. I really like the indie authors too, and their affordable e-books. Did you ever read "The Name of the Wind"? And then the sequel? And then get really really pissed that Patrick "FameWhore" Rothfuss has yet to finish the trilogy???

It must have been something else I thanked, because I don't know what that is. lol

Addendum: Just googled it. Have not read the Wheel of Time series, if that's what you are referring to. Looks great though; will check it out. Sci-fi and fantasy are two favorite genres. I really like the indie authors too, and their affordable e-books. Did you ever read "The Name of the Wind"? And then the sequel? And then get really really pissed that Patrick "FameWhore" Rothfuss has yet to finish the trilogy???
Wonderful, I am also a new fan of fantasy. I use to read a lot of sci-fi but switched to studying the history of Christianity, I was a cradle Catholic that knew nothing of my religion except liturgical rites, some Cannon law and the Catechism. I found Joseph Campbell, Karen Armstrong, who are my favorites, and got hooked.

Back