Need desk chair advice

2852813fb93c64e661c70b014509dba9.jpg

Don't get a chair get a stand-up desk
I have a work station on my desk to work that I can elevate to a standing position. If you have low back pain or sciatica they really work. One word of advice, get a foot stool. You can stand all day if you use a foot stool.

what is the foot stool for?
you put one foot on the stool while standing. It forces you to stand with correct posture and is more comfortable than standing flat footed on both feet. Ever wonder why old fashioned bars have a brass foot rail?

With a foot stool you can take the pressure off one of your feet and legs and rest it with knee bent and hip flexed and rest that leg then alternate the other leg when it gets tired. You can stand longer and more comfortably in this manner.

Last edited:
i have plenty of my own money, not that's any of your business. I didn't start this thread to talk about my personal finances though. Can I hear from some non poor people please?

Sure.
if a decent chair is 7-8 hunge then you are following poverty programming if you buy one for 5. You will surely have to replace the 5 bean chair eventually.
That isn't how the rich operate.

So no, a $500 chair is a waste of money, you wannabe conservative.

Anything less than a K proves you are a poor poser.

Sure.
if a decent chair is 7-8 hunge then you are following poverty programming if you buy one for 5. You will surely have to replace the 5 bean chair eventually.

Utter horse pucky. I know quite a few people who are millionaires who live economically. It is part of why they are millionaires.

You obviously aren't even close.

I said quality not extravagance.
I have repaired many medium range desk chairs very few high range desk chairs and cheap ones are not worth repairing.

I have had 2 $600 Hon multiple position chairs that lasted for years. Further, you have not considered the fact that those who can afford over a grand for a chair probably just bought a new one.

What are you doing repairing chairs, I thought you weer a blacksmith or something?

I have had 2 $600 Hon multiple position chairs that lasted for years. Further, you have not considered the fact that those who can afford over a grand for a chair probably just bought a new one.

What are you doing repairing chairs, I thought you weer a blacksmith or something?

Blacksmiths do whatever work they are given. Office chair frames are metal.

What happened to your chairs?
If they were of good enough quality you would still have them. That is the difference between you and the truly rich.
They never have to spend the money twice.

He's a fucking Viking, he also does raping and pillaging to order.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

Sure.

this is true. my chair ultimately was worth like 850ish but i got a sick deal. This time around I'll probably get a herman miller embody.

Blacksmiths do whatever work they are given. Office chair frames are metal.

What happened to your chairs?
If they were of good enough quality you would still have them. That is the difference between you and the truly rich.
They never have to spend the money twice.

I am not truly rich and have no problem paying $600 every 3- 4 years for a new chair. It fits my budget.

The problem with the chairs is the cushion. Actually still is, still is and getting ready to buy a new one. It is a multiple position Hon chair. Basically I can set it in almost any position. I would not mind a bit more comfort, but the chairs I see are over a thousand dollars and I can't justify that for my ass alone. If the family shared, OK, but not just for me

What would you recommend. $1000 and under. Or, if you have something right above that I would entertain it.

Thanks Rune.

I am not truly rich and have no problem paying $600 every 3- 4 years for a new chair. It fits my budget.

The problem with the chairs is the cushion. Actually still is, still is and getting ready to buy a new one. It is a multiple position Hon chair. Basically I can set it in almost any position. I would not mind a bit more comfort, but the chairs I see are over a thousand dollars and I can't justify that for my ass alone. If the family shared, OK, but not just for me

What would you recommend. $1000 and under. Or, if you have something right above that I would entertain it.

Thanks Rune.

Lol

Back