Normal Barbie

think of it as experiments in flamables and plastic.

The evil intent is not nessessarily a true point of these boy games.

its just fantasy that sparks experimental jaunts into the properties of heat and plastics.

this is why a parent needs to watch kids and tend to their emotional health.

the emotional investment in the fantasy of harm is not automatically present in this type of childhood experimentation.

I was just teasing him. Now if he was talking about live animals it would be a whole different story.

Me either. I find brains and a sense of humor to be real turn-ons. Probably why I used to crush on a lot of my male instructors!

Oh yeah. I had a professor who was 5'7, balding, and really hot. Just because he was sooo funny and wicked smart. Like genius level. We probably all have things that we find attractive physically but the sum of the whole is often more than its parts. And sometimes less! I've known guys who were physically perfect but just didn't do it for me. Especially at my age, for sex to be hot, there has to be a hell of a lot more to it, and nothing builds up excitement like humor and smarts. It's hot.

think of it as experiments in flamables and plastic.

The evil intent is not nessessarily a true point of these boy games.

its just fantasy that sparks experimental jaunts into the properties of heat and plastics.

this is why a parent needs to watch kids and tend to their emotional health.

the emotional investment in the fantasy of harm is not automatically present in this type of childhood experimentation.

Did your folks attend to your emotinal health or did it manifest itself, after you attained adulthood?

Oh yeah. I had a professor who was 5'7, balding, and really hot. Just because he was sooo funny and wicked smart. Like genius level. We probably all have things that we find attractive physically but the sum of the whole is often more than its parts. And sometimes less! I've known guys who were physically perfect but just didn't do it for me. Especially at my age, for sex to be hot, there has to be a hell of a lot more to it, and nothing builds up excitement like humor and smarts. It's hot.

I so agree. You'd walk into the classroom and Mr. Average would be standing there and you barely gave him a glance. Then he opened his mouth to give the lecture and an hour later you're walking out with stars in your eyes!

You really need to lose that puppy love crush, you have on me.
You're just to...........................

...........................emo. :)

Um, USF? YOU are the one stalking me, so you have the crush.

And you seem to think "emo" is an insult. I have no idea why.

Also, while not important, you should have used "too" not "to"

And finally, I'm putting you on ignore. I find stalkers creepy.

Boy have you made the right decision! Every woman here has had to put him on ignore. I think only Desh hasn't, and she doesn't put anyone on ignore.

For those who think that Barbie was created by A MAN, to A MAN'S specifications.

The Year: 1959

The Place: The New York Toy Show.

The Barbie Doll Debut……….

And the rest is History.

The Creators:
This story takes place in the 1930’s. It’s a story that starts out sounding like one we’ve all heard before.

A young girl meets a boy and they fall in love. The girl graduates from high school. She has visions of a great career success in the real world and wants to go to college. Her parents are not overly enthusiastic about college since it is more traditional for a girl to get married and raise a family. The girl goes to college anyway and marries the boy too. This married girl and boy are Ruth and Elliot Handler. They raise two children, Barbie and Ken.

In the mid 1940’s, the young ambitious duo Ruth and Elliot Handler, owned a company that made wooden picture frames. Elliot and his partner Harold Mattson built the samples and Ruth was in charge of marketing them. Elliot began to use the scraps of wood from picture frames to make doll furniture. This was the beginning of their toy business. It was in 1945 that Ruth and Elliot Handler joined with their close friend Harold Mattson to form a company that would be known for the most famous and successful doll ever created. This company would be named Mattel, MATT for Mattson, and EL for Elliot. Mattel continued to grow from a very profitable business into a corporate giant.

In the mid 1950’s, while visiting Switzerland, Ruth Handler purchased a German Lilli doll. Lilli was a shapely, pretty fashion doll first made in 1955. She was originally fashioned after a famous cartoon character in the West German Newsletter, Bild. Lilli was made of hard plastic with molded on shoes and earrings. She was available in 11 ½" or 7" in heights. Her hair was long and pulled back into a ponytail. There was a large wardrobe available for this doll. Lilli is the doll that would inspire Ruth Handler to design the Barbie doll.

Ruth knew what she wanted Barbie to look like. With the help of her technicians and engineers at Mattel, Barbie was born. Ruth then hired Charlotte Johnson, a fashion designer, to create Barbies wardrobe.

It was in 1958 that the patent for Barbie was obtained. This would be a fashion doll unlike any of her time. She would be long limbed, shapely and beautiful, all of this and only 11 ½" tall.

Paper fashion dolls of the times would give way to a three dimensional beauty with a wardrobe of unsurpassed quality. Ruth and Elliot would name their new fashion doll after their own daughter, Barbie. Barbie dolls’ soon to be boyfriend Ken, would be named after their son Ken.

In March of 1959, Barbie doll would make her way to the New York Toy Show and receive a cool reception from the toy buyers. She would be viewed as risky to buyers since she was not the typical style selling baby doll of the times. Upon seeing Barbie on store shelves, the public decided differently. By 1960, the mood would change and the orders started pouring in to Mattel. It took several years for Mattel to catch up with the demand for Barbie. Within ten years, the public purchased $500 million worth of Barbie products.

Barbie has undergone a lot of changes over the years and has managed to keep up with current trends in hairstyles, makeup and clothing. She is a reflection of the history of fashion since her introduction to the toy market. Barbie has a universal appeal and collectors of all ages enjoy time spent and memories made with their dolls.

http://www.dolls4play.com/barbiehistory.html

Would you like a little salt, to go with that helping of crow?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

For those who think that Barbie was created by A MAN, to A MAN'S specifications.

The Year: 1959

The Place: The New York Toy Show.

The Barbie Doll Debut……….

And the rest is History.

The Creators:
This story takes place in the 1930’s. It’s a story that starts out sounding like one we’ve all heard before.

A young girl meets a boy and they fall in love. The girl graduates from high school. She has visions of a great career success in the real world and wants to go to college. Her parents are not overly enthusiastic about college since it is more traditional for a girl to get married and raise a family. The girl goes to college anyway and marries the boy too. This married girl and boy are Ruth and Elliot Handler. They raise two children, Barbie and Ken.

In the mid 1940’s, the young ambitious duo Ruth and Elliot Handler, owned a company that made wooden picture frames. Elliot and his partner Harold Mattson built the samples and Ruth was in charge of marketing them. Elliot began to use the scraps of wood from picture frames to make doll furniture. This was the beginning of their toy business. It was in 1945 that Ruth and Elliot Handler joined with their close friend Harold Mattson to form a company that would be known for the most famous and successful doll ever created. This company would be named Mattel, MATT for Mattson, and EL for Elliot. Mattel continued to grow from a very profitable business into a corporate giant.

In the mid 1950’s, while visiting Switzerland, Ruth Handler purchased a German Lilli doll. Lilli was a shapely, pretty fashion doll first made in 1955. She was originally fashioned after a famous cartoon character in the West German Newsletter, Bild. Lilli was made of hard plastic with molded on shoes and earrings. She was available in 11 ½" or 7" in heights. Her hair was long and pulled back into a ponytail. There was a large wardrobe available for this doll. Lilli is the doll that would inspire Ruth Handler to design the Barbie doll.

Ruth knew what she wanted Barbie to look like. With the help of her technicians and engineers at Mattel, Barbie was born. Ruth then hired Charlotte Johnson, a fashion designer, to create Barbies wardrobe.

It was in 1958 that the patent for Barbie was obtained. This would be a fashion doll unlike any of her time. She would be long limbed, shapely and beautiful, all of this and only 11 ½" tall.

Paper fashion dolls of the times would give way to a three dimensional beauty with a wardrobe of unsurpassed quality. Ruth and Elliot would name their new fashion doll after their own daughter, Barbie. Barbie dolls’ soon to be boyfriend Ken, would be named after their son Ken.

In March of 1959, Barbie doll would make her way to the New York Toy Show and receive a cool reception from the toy buyers. She would be viewed as risky to buyers since she was not the typical style selling baby doll of the times. Upon seeing Barbie on store shelves, the public decided differently. By 1960, the mood would change and the orders started pouring in to Mattel. It took several years for Mattel to catch up with the demand for Barbie. Within ten years, the public purchased $500 million worth of Barbie products.

Barbie has undergone a lot of changes over the years and has managed to keep up with current trends in hairstyles, makeup and clothing. She is a reflection of the history of fashion since her introduction to the toy market. Barbie has a universal appeal and collectors of all ages enjoy time spent and memories made with their dolls.

http://www.dolls4play.com/barbiehistory.html

Would you like a little salt, to go with that helping of crow?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

BAZINGA!

I refer to emo; because of your posting and your age, it's apparent that you live the emo lifestyle.

Tekky you need to really pay attention around the 1:50 mark. :)

When have I groaned any of your posts; so it would appear that you're stalking me and the only way you can stop yourslf, from throwing yourself repeatedly at my feet, is to put me on IA.
At least you recognize that it's your problem. :)

intellect is pretty damned important.

but even more so is the ability to be kind and fair.

a good looking guy with big brains is worthless if he is a sociopath

That's an excellent point Desh, thank you for making it. Yes, kindness and empathy are freaking amazingly hot in a man.

I don't recall anyone saying that Barbie was made by a man to man's specifications....of course, I may have missed it.

Is that why this bothers some of you so much? That you feel these women are "man-bashing" over this? Believe me, I can empathize with the feeling.....whenever my wife decides to watch a Lifetime Movie Network Marathon on one of her days off, after one movie....two at the maximum....I start to feel the same way....in fact, I call Lifetime and LMN the "male bashing channels".

But...that's MY issue, isn't it? There are other TV's in the house, I can go play guitar in the basement, I can do many things.

This however, has nothing to do with male bashing and everything to do with what "society" expects women to look like....and the marketing of products, diets and services to "help" them to achieve that ideal. People making huge amounts of money on the insecurities that they helped create.

I bet if you men were honest with yourselves you would pick the normal looking one over the Barbie one.

In a heartbeat. :0)

However, I know a really cute 'Barbie' :0)

zoe looking good.jpg

If she keeps growing at this rate, she'll soon be posting on this board.

Back