NSA vs. THE PEOPLE LOUNGE THREAD

I make it to the end of a lot of games. I tend to read innocent and the wolves never seem to consider me a threat.

Hell, I made it to the end of that game you and me won as wolves too.

You're right.
I keep thinking about the times that you were just killed off, just for the reason of doing it.

I really can't believe Olaf thought he was going to get me on Blarg, when I had Blarg clear several days running, and my last words the day before had been "If we're wrong, tomorrow Olaf."

the only angle to that is go meta and say to blarg as olaf: "why would I let the person live that has called me wolf and you villager" and get blarg to think you are just a super sick wolf.would be fucking awesome though if it worked.

the only angle to that is go meta and say to blarg as olaf: "why would I let the person live that has called me wolf and you villager" and get blarg to think you are just a super sick wolf.would be fucking awesome though if it worked.

THAT would have been awesome... a tough play, but awesome had it worked.

yeaaaaah plus yoda was saying all day yesterday he thought olaf was village. that could be a hard thing to shake. you get to final 3 and your whole game view is turned upside down and you sometimes are like "where the fuck do i go now." whether or not yoda would have changed his mind final 3, it was clear that water was calling olaf wolfy from like d2 and wasn't going to deviate from that course. even blarg said earlier in game he thought olaf could be villa. so even if final 3 was tough regardless for olaf, blarg-yoda prob was his best chace. I give like at least 25% chance to sell that yoda has been the devious background wolf the whole game distracting the village. it's possible.

yeah... plus Yoda constantly switched who he was 'positive' were wolves. First it was myself and Dune. Then he went to Moxy... etc... and he only went to Sam after 90% of the village was already saying Sam was a wolf. I would have put the odds closer to 50/50 that it could be pulled off.

Okay, I can FINALLY post what I did as seer. My N0 pick was RWS, which is why I said he was a wolf based on a FEELING. There was no deep or elaborate code. My 2nd pick was Olaf. I was going to straight up announce that I was the seer and that those two were wolves.

sometimes people will misconstrue feelings with no peeks though. it reads as just gut instinct rather than confidence and knowledge. Stuff like: "kill this person", "I am confident this guy is wolf", "this guy is village", very definitively, leaves less room for misinterpretation if dead.

yeaaaaah plus yoda was saying all day yesterday he thought olaf was village. that could be a hard thing to shake. you get to final 3 and your whole game view is turned upside down and you sometimes are like "where the fuck do i go now." whether or not yoda would have changed his mind final 3, it was clear that water was calling olaf wolfy from like d2 and wasn't going to deviate from that course. even blarg said earlier in game he thought olaf could be villa. so even if final 3 was tough regardless for olaf, blarg-yoda prob was his best chace. I give like at least 25% chance to sell that yoda has been the devious background wolf the whole game distracting the village. it's possible.

I was totally sure that Plumber was a wolf

I was totally sure that Plumber was a wolf

yeah PJ's name was floated by like two people day before he was nk'd. Space probably should have been killed first as he was on I think nearly everyones village list plus his interaction with RWS is never w/w.

sometimes people will misconstrue feelings with no peeks though. it reads as just gut instinct rather than confidence and knowledge. Stuff like: "kill this person", "I am confident this guy is wolf", "this guy is village", very definitively, leaves less room for misinterpretation if dead.
Yeah, I didn't want to give away too much too early. I have never played seer before so it was a learning experience for me.

yeah PJ's name was floated by like two people day before he was nk'd. Space probably should have been killed first as he was on I think nearly everyones village list plus his interaction with RWS is never w/w.

What convinced me was Plumbers constant arguing with Monkey, even after everyone was pretty sure that Scissors was a wolf.
Plus when I looked back at Scissors accusation/vote listings, Plumber was one person that Scissors never voted for or accused.

Yeah, I didn't want to give away too much too early. I have never played seer before so it was a learning experience for me.

sometimes seers do try to lay really low and just gamble they don't get nk'd n1. I think it's a gamble worth taking sometimes. If you get two live peeks on d2 on a 11 person you can blow the game wide open. Even if you peeked two villagers, that will help majorly with process of elimination.

in big games like 17 person rosters seers can usually go 3 days in the background without revealing much. it's just a calculated risk one has to take.

What convinced me was Plumbers constant arguing with Monkey, even after everyone was pretty sure that Scissors was a wolf.
Plus when I looked back at Scissors accusation/vote listings, Plumber was one person that Scissors never voted for or accused.

I was halfway onto PJ myself at the beginning of D2 (my first post was a question to PJ). That pretty much dried up as I read further and further through the thread and started focusing instead on how unbelievably wolfy scissors was being.

This was an awesome werewolf game, though, precisely because it wasn't a slam dunk like the last one. They got the seer D1, and yet we still more or less steam rolled it (or, we were on track to steam roll it, before that diversion with Moxy).

could moxy have saved himself that day? or did people really think there was a good chance he was a wolf/ more wolfy than olaf? or was it more like "meh we'll just lynch both moxy and olaf and nail the wolf among one of them

they found you but for the wrong reasons I think. RWS said somewhere in this thread he thought you peeked yoda village

Hahahaha wow.

I can't believe everyone went on for pages about me taking 4 Ambien. I said that to reinforce the idea that I would be asleep for the first few hours.

Back