NSA vs. THE PEOPLE LOUNGE THREAD

I have an honest question for the board:

It was my plan during D1 to try and swing the wagon toward Nom because I figured Moxy and Yoda would remain easy targets down the road. My plan worked, and Nom was well on his way to being lynched. Then the other wolves leaped in instead of staying on the marks they appeared to have set.

People have accused me of sucking, and I don't know if it's smacktalk, or perception... So, what would you do if your noob allies fucked up like that? Yes, i could have thrown Olaf under the bus, but IHA recommended he play up his noob status, and it seemed to work. Then IHA managed to draw everyone's suspicion. Obviously, it was a mistake to try and run interference for him, but i really felt the game was lost at this point. If there weren't so many idiots in the village, it probably would have been more decisive.

And no, i haven't recovered yet. I may not be as vocal, but i do take this game as seriously as SF. I really wanted to write a bunch of hate-filled messages to the other agents. Especially Jarod.

I want to know why I was the first night kill.

I couldn't think of a good Seer read. I thought Yoda might be, but assuming he was not, I didn't want to see him killed, ever. At this point, IHA wanted to kill you because he hates you. I figured it couldn't hurt killing an experienced player, and would likely surprise the village, so I told him to go for it.

could moxy have saved himself that day? or did people really think there was a good chance he was a wolf/ more wolfy than olaf? or was it more like "meh we'll just lynch both moxy and olaf and nail the wolf among one of them

USF was dead set against Moxy. Blarg was dead set against him too after he was convinced that he had caught Moxy in some trap. I wasn't so sure, I dug up some stuff that maybe implicated him (he pretty much copy and pasted Scissors D1 wolf and village picks), and called it a day, promising to lynch Olaf tomorrow if Moxy was innocent.

It was my plan during D1 to try and swing the wagon toward Nom because I figured Moxy and Yoda would remain easy targets down the road. My plan worked, and Nom was well on his way to being lynched. Then the other wolves leaped in instead of staying on the marks they appeared to have set.

People have accused me of sucking, and I don't know if it's smacktalk, or perception... So, what would you do if your noob allies fucked up like that? Yes, i could have thrown Olaf under the bus, but IHA recommended he play up his noob status, and it seemed to work. Then IHA managed to draw everyone's suspicion. Obviously, it was a mistake to try and run interference for him, but i really felt the game was lost at this point. If there weren't so many idiots in the village, it probably would have been more decisive.

And no, i haven't recovered yet. I may not be as vocal, but i do take this game as seriously as SF. I really wanted to write a bunch of hate-filled messages to the other agents. Especially Jarod.

It was just smacktalk, three.

I couldn't think of a good Seer read. I thought Yoda might be, but assuming he was not, I didn't want to see him killed, ever. At this point, IHA wanted to kill you because he hates you. I figured it couldn't hurt killing an experienced player, and would likely surprise the village, so I told him to go for it.

Oh man I hate when people kill someone in werewolf because of board hate. That's not cool. At least he admitted it unlike some people who do it and then claim they never bring board resentments into the game. I never do that. I just talk about what morons they are in PM's. After I'm out of the game, of course.

This was an awesome werewolf game, though, precisely because it wasn't a slam dunk like the last one. They got the seer D1, and yet we still more or less steam rolled it (or, we were on track to steam roll it, before that diversion with Moxy).

Yeah... if Moxy had stuck with Olaf rather than go after Yoda, that wouldn't have happened. But as I said to Mutt... I completely understand why he did so.

I don't hide who I am... I do like the anon, because it does help me avoid preconceptions to a degree (right up until I 'figure out' who people are) :)

Yeah, without the anon, I probably would've treated rune as some noob, and of course Mott would get no respect. Also, I could've more clearly hated ILA.

Hahahaha wow.

I can't believe everyone went on for pages about me taking 4 Ambien. I said that to reinforce the idea that I would be asleep for the first few hours.

At first, that is all I thought it was. But after they nuked you on night one and you turned out to be the seer... my mind went into hyper analytical mode looking for 'codes' :)

Yeah... if Moxy had stuck with Olaf rather than go after Yoda, that wouldn't have happened. But as I said to Mutt... I completely understand why he did so.

Oh yeah, that did raise a huge red flag for me. He seemed to be a wolf tempting Blarg into an unwise village kill while the rest of us were away, it read very suspicious to me. I definitely turned much more hard against him after that, whereas my natural inclination had been Olaf.

I felt that way playing with Mutt as a wolf one game. I laid out a nice plan and specifically said 'don't agree with me'... what does Mutt do? He comes out and agrees with me. Which is why to this day I give him crap about sucking at WW.

As for your plan, it was a good one. Especially the way Nom refused to share his thoughts on players. He was acting wolfish. But that is the problem with new wolves. It is hard to keep on target and not want to jump in and be a part of the kill. I don't think you are a bad player, you just seem to think people know more than they do early in games that you are a wolf. It showed when I pulled shit out of my ass and got lucky with the 'code'. You tried to recover, but by then it was too late. The village pretty much hammered you across the board.

I really don't think you were dead as you thought on d2, at least not until later.

I think the one big error of wolves this round was they circled the wagons too much. Yeah, it's tempting to just see if you can generate the next 2 mis-lynches, but if you try and drive at everyone tooo much other than your fellow wolves it also becomes really obvious. Tone wise I actually didn't think you were bad until maybe late in the day when you probably gave up. you gave good long posts early on that looks like you were actively trying to solve the game and not just pulling stuff out of thin air.

I think wolves basically desperately wanted it to be anyone but them, but that's the balancing act. You gotta also be willing sometimes to lynch (or at the very least, throw some suspicion) on your fellow wolves to boost your own villager cred.

The auto night thing by olaf is traditionally very wolfy because there was sooo much time left in the day and it comes off very desperate like you just want to bag the kill immediately. Last game we auto'd as well but I think it was 20 minutes before EOD which is much different.

The first time I ever played a wolf game (on another site) I did something very similar. I tried sniping someone like 5 minutes before eod and then all of a sudden like 6 villagers all turned on me and insta killed me and I was like.... wtf did I Just do wrong? O_o

Again, hindsight is 20/20 and I am not trying to bus Jarod now because I think he played a smart game yesterday. But, in the moment I wanted to throw him under the bus that day, but I feared I would only add fuel to the fire and they would have gotten both of us because at the time he was really defending his actions for auto nighting so I was trying to protect him without being obvious. Like I said, as far as I am concerned this was really my first game. I definitely have a lot more insights and guarantee I will play a better game next time.

After going over this game and reviewing previous Werewolf games in the archive, I will have a much better strategy.

One big mistake we made is we really didn't have a plan. If I am ever a wolf again it will be more concrete than just deciding who to night kill

Oh yeah, that did raise a huge red flag for me. He seemed to be a wolf tempting Blarg into an unwise village kill while the rest of us were away, it read very suspicious to me. I definitely turned much more hard against him after that, whereas my natural inclination had been Olaf.

yep... the whole time he was doing it I was silently screaming... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, I didn't want to give away too much too early. I have never played seer before so it was a learning experience for me.

So to be clear, your whole Letter Z and Number 4 ambien post was no secret elaborate code leading to Sam?

That is funny. The irony is that Freak and Rune were convinced it was and I said it just proved you were a drug addled freak. Looks like I was right. Yes they were right that Sam was a wolf but not for the reasons they thought they were.

What convinced me was Plumbers constant arguing with Monkey, even after everyone was pretty sure that Scissors was a wolf.
Plus when I looked back at Scissors accusation/vote listings, Plumber was one person that Scissors never voted for or accused.
That's not true. Towards the end of day two RWS voted for P. Joe and then shortly there after switched to Space Monkey.

Back