NSA vs. THE PEOPLE LOUNGE THREAD

Well, it is definitely harder playing a wolf than a villager because you are juggling a lot of shit. Trust me I am as competitive as they come. I will get better at this game :)
It's not just that....it's very difficult, as a wolf, not to leave tells because in your subconscious you know your a wolf and out to kill villagers and it is literally impossible to suppress your subconscious.

The other mistake noobs make is thinking that your role as a villager is to find and kill wolves.

Who said I was going to use them on you? ILA...you're not going to like hearing this but we started day two with a dead seer and not clearly knowing who the wolves may be but then you got played by 3 other players in this game and the way they played you....can be done to others!! That was not lost on me.

What surprised me was Rune was one of the ones who played you. I sold Rune short...won't do that again.

Well, I wouldn't say I got played as they just took advantage of my inexperience. Others just had to sit back and watch the fireworks as I played into their hands. Had Jarod and I laid low and I stuck with my Yoda vote, who knows how it would have played out.

Yes, you started day 2 with your Seer gone and having lynched a villager. However, you also got a wolf on two consecutive days and it was pretty clear that Olaf was a wolf. Despite that advantage, you villagers almost fucked it all up. I am convinced that had Jarod night killed Padro it would have been a cinch getting Yoda lynched.

Now I haven't gone through all of the old games yet, but what is hilarious is that all I ever hear about is "how shitty Mott" plays and now you are passing yourself off as some Werewolf expert. Maybe, maybe not. But, don't forget, I picked up on tells too ;)

Yours. Rune's and especially SuperFreaks

Well, I wouldn't say I got played as they just took advantage of my inexperience. Others just had to sit back and watch the fireworks as I played into their hands. Had Jarod and I laid low and I stuck with my Yoda vote, who knows how it would have played out.

Yes, you started day 2 with your Seer gone and having lynched a villager. However, you also got a wolf on two consecutive days and it was pretty clear that Olaf was a wolf. Despite that advantage, you villagers almost fucked it all up. I am convinced that had Jarod night killed Padro it would have been a cinch getting Yoda lynched.

Now I haven't gone through all of the old games yet, but what is hilarious is that all I ever hear about is "how shitty Mott" plays and now you are passing yourself off as some Werewolf expert. Maybe, maybe not. But, don't forget, I picked up on tells too ;)

Yours. Rune's and especially SuperFreaks
You may have got played because of your inexperience....but you got played! What was really funny though was at the end....you hanged yourself. At the end of day two you got set up like a mother fucker and when you fell for it, it was like BOOM, 3 or4 people voted to lynch you in less than a minute and it probably would have been one or two more voting to lynch you but they weren't fast enough to get their votes in before auto-night. LOL

But I think you're right...you'll probably figure out some of your mistakes and not repeat them but figuring out how you got played and by whom will be harder.

I have an honest question for the board:

It was my plan during D1 to try and swing the wagon toward Nom because I figured Moxy and Yoda would remain easy targets down the road. My plan worked, and Nom was well on his way to being lynched. Then the other wolves leaped in instead of staying on the marks they appeared to have set.

People have accused me of sucking, and I don't know if it's smacktalk, or perception... So, what would you do if your noob allies fucked up like that? Yes, i could have thrown Olaf under the bus, but IHA recommended he play up his noob status, and it seemed to work. Then IHA managed to draw everyone's suspicion. Obviously, it was a mistake to try and run interference for him, but i really felt the game was lost at this point. If there weren't so many idiots in the village, it probably would have been more decisive.

And no, i haven't recovered yet. I may not be as vocal, but i do take this game as seriously as SF. I really wanted to write a bunch of hate-filled messages to the other agents. Especially Jarod.

a lot of people are very results oriented and there is some variance involved and yeah I don't like people saying x y z sucked. Sometimes it's not even a wolfs fault if other villagers just clear themselves well and therefore wolves get process of elimination'd and then people naturally pay more attention to them. Just because someone finds out someone is a wolf doesn't mean they necessarily "sucked."

Oh man I hate when people kill someone in werewolf because of board hate. That's not cool. At least he admitted it unlike some people who do it and then claim they never bring board resentments into the game. I never do that. I just talk about what morons they are in PM's. After I'm out of the game, of course.

my personal opinions will never effect my nightkills. I'd nightkill my own grandmother if it helped my team.

I was only a wolf once...me and Damo swept that game, they didn't get one of us. SF will pretend he doesn't remember it now. But I played him like a piano. Damo is an awesome wolf.
Wasn't that the game where I wrote all my posts as poems? I had fully intended that to be my last WW game ever but Grind kept talking me into playing...and getting killed.

a lot of people are very results oriented and there is some variance involved and yeah I don't like people saying x y z sucked. Sometimes it's not even a wolfs fault if other villagers just clear themselves well and therefore wolves get process of elimination'd and then people naturally pay more attention to them. Just because someone finds out someone is a wolf doesn't mean they necessarily "sucked."
I don't think any of the wolves sucked. 3D caught a shit sandwhich and had some random bad luck. Shit happens. ILA is inexperienced and got played by more experienced players and Jarod lost his focus on day 1 and made a major mistake. Had 3D been #3 on Grinds list ad if Jarod had paid attention and not voted an auto-night on a villager with two hours to play it would have been a completely different game. A good measure of luck went into the villages win....having said that....you have to be good to be lucky. :)

I honestly don't remember if it was that game. But I remember I LMAO at SF's reaction to your poetry.
You know that's one of the interesting things about this game....that was the farthest I ever made it through in a game without getting killed until we started the anon characters. Ironic, when your a villager and try to get yourself killed...no one will kill you. I mean that was the whole intent of the poetry thing was to get my ass killed the first night....no one would kill me! LOL

You may have got played because of your inexperience....but you got played! What was really funny though was at the end....you hanged yourself. At the end of day two you got set up like a mother fucker and when you fell for it, it was like BOOM, 3 or4 people voted to lynch you in less than a minute and it probably would have been one or two more voting to lynch you but they weren't fast enough to get their votes in before auto-night. LOL

But I think you're right...you'll probably figure out some of your mistakes and not repeat them but figuring out how you got played and by whom will be harder.

Oh, you think I got played with Superfreaks throw away vote of Yoda? Yeah, I didn't see that for what it was :eyeroll:

Now maybe I shouldn't have, but you can ask Threedee. By 11am, I had already thrown in the towel and by 2pm I was trying to draw as much attention to me as I could. Was that the right move? Who knows? The biggest concern I had at the time was Jarod was trying too hard to defend his auto night move instead of just saying "I fucked up". Now, I may be inexperienced at Werewolf, but even common sense tells me not all three wolves need to survive to win the game. At that point, I figured me and Jarod's fuck ups were going to cost us, I just wanted to try to keep heat off of Threedee and get Olaf to stop immolating himself.

There is no way anyone is going to convince me that I wasn't getting lynched on day 2. That dye was cast by noon. That you were dragging it out had more to do with trying to smoke out other wolves than deciding on whether it would be me. My goal at that point was just to drive the board crazy along with USFs help. Don't get me wrong, there was a point where I was really trying to argue a case particularly about the Moxy/Yoda bandwagons. But, my big fuckup at that point was wrongly accusing Rune of jumping on the Nom bandwagon. That is when I knew the jig was up and I had no chance. So I just went into "psycho" mode trying to keep you guys from IDing anymore wolves. So yup, I switched votes to Yoda. Then I switched votes back. Then I switched votes again. I never figured out what SF did. Nope, never did ;)

I took some big learnings from this game.

1) the freak out over auto night
2) avoiding key words (I won't say what they are)
3) being better about going back and reading posts before I post. that is probably the biggest thing that caught me day two. I was just grasping at certain points. I made what I felt were decent arguments, but then I would make a dumb ass mistake in a post.

I know... I asked Billy after I got killed. He laughed.

The thing is... it was plausible and Sam's reaction afterward was one of dejection/resolution to being killed, which solidified it. But luck... absolutely.

Again, what are you talking about? 3-D's votes gave him away.

could moxy have saved himself that day? or did people really think there was a good chance he was a wolf/ more wolfy than olaf? or was it more like "meh we'll just lynch both moxy and olaf and nail the wolf among one of them

Moxy had me convinced he was a wolf. if I knew it was Mutt it would have been different.

Three doesn't take the game too seriously, usually. To Grind and SF, this game is pretty much their life, they would take leadership immediately. The rest of us, well, I'm not sure I would've done any better than the myself, pulling for the entire team.

i'm competitive in game but I seldom am mad at users or hate on people for playing a certain way. Maybe i'll be frustrated once in a while but then again who isn't.

I think people definitely need to not forget that it is a game, and yeah you can play seriously but don't forget to have fun at the same time. If someone isn't having fun and ending every game pissed off then they are doing something wrong.

Now to be fair to Threedee, we probably should have asked for some advice.

Of course I think his first PM to me and Jarod was

"what's up bitches. I'm gay"

So at the time I didn't know what his alt was. I actually figured it was USF at first

ahahahahahahahaha

Back