Oprah for Prez?

And so many people here quick to call others racist but no comments on why Hollywood wore all black and the hypocrisy behind their holier than thou rhetoric and their actions.

It must be a high for you guys to call others racist that's what we get here.

As I said originally, I was disappointed in your post which I took as a racist statement, given that the OP was about Oprah. I don't follow Hollywood stuff at all. Had no idea about the all-black-garment meme, or even that the program was on till we wanted to watch the local news. So your post surprised and shocked me because until today I hadn't seen you say anything even remotely racist, unlike the toxic pack around here. It was a poor choice of words on your part and mistaken identity on my own.

Top, Oprah is an incredible entrepreneur and American success story. Yes, she happens to be black and a woman but that doesn't define her. You need to let go that she's where she is because of race and gender. American prides itself on people who overcome adversity and make it to the top and that's what she's done. And if she ran for President it would be no different than if Trump, Cuban or Zuckerberg did.

Top, Oprah is an incredible entrepreneur and American success story. Yes, she happens to be black and a woman but that doesn't define her. You need to let go that she's where she is because of race and gender. American prides itself on people who overcome adversity and make it to the top and that's what she's done. And if she ran for President it would be no different than if Trump, Cuban or Zuckerberg did.

You cant vote for a non-white or woman without them accusing you of only doing it because of race or gender.

As I said originally, I was disappointed in your post which I took as a racist statement, given that the OP was about Oprah. I don't follow Hollywood stuff at all. Had no idea about the all-black-garment meme, or even that the program was on till we wanted to watch the local news. So your post surprised and shocked me because until today I hadn't seen you say anything even remotely racist, unlike the toxic pack around here. It was a poor choice of words on your part and mistaken identity on my own.
You also reveal yourself to be truly piss poor when it comes to current events. As Cwackers says they have been talking about this for weeks. There were even supposed to be running out of black fabrics because of the demand. Anyway look forward to burqas for the Oscars?

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

She is not saying that AFAIK, she's saying that people would vote for her for those reasons.

And that's fine to remind everyone that she's black and female and how that affected and inspired her.... but her speech was obviously more "political" more than personal. That's why so many don't watch those "award" ceremonies any more...
(I'm not sure why she didn't realize all the "little girls" she was speaking to should have been in bed, though...
Oh, well.)
Relax...you're taking this discussion way too seriously. She likes dogs. How could I not appreciate her for that? But her favorite things are not affordable to most, you know.
Maybe she'll give out stuff to get votes;)

Wow, you really do latch on to all those dishonest conservative claims. Sad!

I never said that she wasn't smart.
But the only reason that people would chose her is because of race and gender. And panic. You're all panicking. Relax and find a candidate who can beat President Trump if you want him gone...
(don't let Hillary try again...just saying)

Why in god's name did people vote for trump? He's as dumb as a box of rocks and a congenital liar. Were trump voters not smart enough to see through him?

You also reveal yourself to be truly piss poor when it comes to current events. As Cwackers says they have been talking about this for weeks. There were even supposed to be running out of black fabrics because of the demand. Anyway look forward to burqas for the Oscars?

Sorry, loser, but Hollywood stuff is not "current events" -- it's Hollywood stuff that has little to no meaning for most of us because -- wait for this -- it doesn't affect our lives in any way, like politics do.

But carry on with your sad little attempts to be noticed.

Adds another to the list.......

Sorry, loser, but Hollywood stuff is not "current events" -- it's Hollywood stuff that has little to no meaning for most of us because -- wait for this -- it doesn't affect our lives in any way, like politics do.

But carry on with your sad little attempts to be noticed.

Adds another to the list.......
Well if you don't know what the fuck is going on then why do you comment? It just makes you look stupid.

But that's why else would they vote for her. Oh, wait. Anyone but President Trump. So, not the Only reason. (I do admit I would have voted for anyone but Hillary-Kasich was my choice, btw)
I do not vote for people because they are men and they are white. Has that ever been the theme of a campaign?
You don't believe that people voted for obama because he was black? And entertaining? lol
If Oprah runs, it wouldn't be on issues....
I'm sure Democrats can find someone...

I'm sure people voted for trump because he had a TV program and a long-time presence in radio and on the NYC scene. Because no one could analyze his brain and conclude that he was a competent, knowledgeable candidate.

Back